Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 2:54 PM
Default Best place to get custom content?
Alright I have noticed that a lot of people have really cool cc. Could you guys please tell me the best place to download custom content from.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 7:58 PM
Hmm, let's see. I can't really recommend much, but Anubis360 (http://anubis360.blogspot.com/) is good for hairstyles (mainly female, but there are some male styles) and mostly female clothing. I think most of his hairstyles are retextures, but he did a great job. (There is maybe one or two pieces of male clothing on his site.) Anubis has stopped working with the Sims 3, he has moved on to Sims 4, but I believe all of his downloads are still up, and will stay up!
Lapiz (http://lapizrazuli.blogspot.com/) has a few good male hairs. Sadly, I think he has stopped creating, but what he has posted is great!
And of course, MTS has a lot of great stuff, too!
I hope I was of assistance. I can't really provide many sources, because pretty much all I download is hair and clothes, but good luck finding good CC! To search for more CC of different kinds, you can always go to http://mysims3blog.blogspot.jp/ . The site is frequently updated with new CC finds, so you might want to try there!
Have a good Thanksgiving, too!

Hello, I'm Anna! :) I like playing violin, writing, and simming of course!
my tumblr - starblasted muffin
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 12:01 AM
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 6:38 AM
You'll need the Awesomemod from J. M. Pescado, just Google Awesomemod and you'll find the site.

Oh J. M. Pescado doesn't support digital copies of the game with his Awesomemod.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 9:28 PM
If you want really decent mods, go to Nraas for twallan's mods. There's also ALL ABOUT STYLE , Fresh Prince Creations if you like really hot cars, and of course here at Mod the Sims just to name a few. Browse the WCIF forum to see what others are looking for and have found. I've discovered some great sites and blogs through the WCIF forum.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 1:56 AM
I use Simtzu for skin and eyes and ChazyBazzy for hair (hers are retextures but I really like hers and try to only use one person's hairs).

Irida Sims has some really amazing things, mostly formal/wedding dresses. Simsational Designs is awesome for male clothing. Lakeside Saddlery has nice horse-related stuff if you have Pets.

I've used Awesomemod and Nraas; they're both good but I prefer Nraas mainly because it's modular, and I've heard that Nraas is much nicer if you need help than MATY but I haven't had any personal experience with that.

I also use a ton of sliders, which was from a list of installed sliders someone on tumblr posted, but I don't have the link to that list and there are too many links for me to post them all individually. Otherwise, I actually really like the EA and store clothing for the most part. Try looking around on tumblr and for specific blogs rather than just on larger sites. TSR is also good for furniture and lots but otherwise I'm not a huge fan of them.

simblr - imaginaryarchitect.tumblr.com