Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 4:26 PM
Default Blue hair and error in custom content after last update!
After the last update, I downloaded a few new hairstyles and they look and function perfectly well in CAS mode but in Live mode they look glitchy and weird, no matter what color and on the preview they look blue. I'm thinking on just deleting them but if there is any fix or help anyone could give me, because I love the hairstyles. Or another option would be, although I don't know if it's possible, going back to the previous update? Thank you!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 4:46 AM
Go into game settings and check the graphics settings. After the last update all my settings had been defaulted to low. Once I set them all to high my hair and other stuff was back to normal.
I play on a desktop so also check that laptop mode has not been turned on by default too..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
Go into game settings and check the graphics settings. After the last update all my settings had been defaulted to low. Once I set them all to high my hair and other stuff was back to normal.
I play on a desktop so also check that laptop mode has not been turned on by default too..

Thank you so much! It did go back to normal although the preview still shows the hair as blue, but megh, that's a minor problem. I do run the game in a laptop, so should I still disable the laptop mode? Thank you again!
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 1:57 AM
Default Hair downloads
So I downloaded some hair for my game and in CAS it looks great, but in game it's streaky and weird. Anyway to fix this? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 2:08 AM
I've noticed that sometimes the creators state not to use "Laptop Mode" in your game settings.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 3:33 AM
The hairs will render better at higher settings.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#7 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 4:55 AM
Good question..... read the link it does explain it a little bit.
http://help.ea.com/en/article/what-...-4-laptop-mode/

If you have a good laptop that has dedicated graphics card then you may not need laptop mode. I thinks its there for lower end laptops with integrated graphics.
Turn it off and if your game has a hissy fit the just re-enable laptop mode
I'm sure someone with better knowledge may step in here and give you better advice.
Stupid people are stupid
#8 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 8:08 AM
I've gone and merged the two threads that recently popped up.
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 4:42 PM
Default Custom Hair
I have installed custom hair into my game and have started to use it, in the CAS screen the hair looks fine as if it's working perfectly but as soon as I go into live mode the hair randomly has blond ugly highlights and in the sims thumbnail the hair is all blue! This isn't my first case of installing CC so I'm pretty sure I installed it right but I was wondering what's wrong? Maybe my graphics settings aren't high enough or something? Please help
Stupid people are stupid
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by poppyopy
I have installed custom hair into my game and have started to use it, in the CAS screen the hair looks fine as if it's working perfectly but as soon as I go into live mode the hair randomly has blond ugly highlights and in the sims thumbnail the hair is all blue! This isn't my first case of installing CC so I'm pretty sure I installed it right but I was wondering what's wrong? Maybe my graphics settings aren't high enough or something? Please help

Merged your thread with an existing one about the same issue. Please read above messages for info.