Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 6:15 PM
Default If You Were Sentenced to Room 101, What Would Be Inside?
Since I'm planning to read George Orwell's 1984, I've decided to bestow a poll onto here. If you were to be sentenced to Room 101 after commiting doubleplusbad crimethink, and not submitting to the thinkpol, what would you be faced with in the room?

For non-readers, you may ask, "WTH is Room 101?" Well read this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_101 .
This would be where you face your wildest fears, in attempt to break down people's resistance. And now we can share wonders of what it is YOU would face.

Everybody is welcome, heck, even Leefish, to tell us what they would face in there. So, tell us.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 6:23 PM
I dunno - there's not much I'm scared of though I think I'd be pretty unhappy at a roomful of cockroaches.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 6:29 PM
Spiders.

All the spiders.

Even the baby ones.

Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 6:54 PM
I think I could deal with teeny weeny ones, but I second spiders. Big ones. Even thinking about it is making me feel sketchy in case one is lurking nearby.
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 8:11 PM
Escalators. That are slippy. That I'll have to go up. With bugs crawling through the sides. In a place with people from my horrific nightmares from a kid.
Theorist
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 8:35 PM
Any medieval torture device would terrify me. The rack, head garotte, or even a good old-fashioned beating. Anything that causes great pain, bodily damage, dismemberment, disfigurement, being shot, cut, stabbed, I'd fear it greatly. I'd also be terrified to be sodomized.

As for phobias, I have medical phobia so maybe a room full of doctors giving me bad diagnosis would be a nightmare, but that wouldn't really work very well because I'd know being in that room that they were trying to torture me and I might not believe it.
I'm terribly afraid of heights too. If I were led into a room blindfolded, then blindfold was removed and I found myself standing on a tiny ledge with a hundred foot drop all around me, that would scare the crap out of me too.

I don't know the story, so I don't know if everyone comes out alive or not. If there's a threat of death, then being strapped to a platform with giant slicey knives swinging back and forth that drop an inch with every swipe would be enough to scare the pee outta me. Or being in a room that fills up with water. Or waking up in a tiny space seemingly underground as if buried alive.

Resident wet blanket.
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 9:30 PM
I really don't have any fears, but I really dislike bees, wasps and any insect of that sort.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 10:02 PM
Bats. I'm not scared of them, but I once read a story of someone getting bitten by one and getting rabies, and since then I've been terrified of animals biting me. My friend made me put my hand in her rat cage a few weeks ago because I had dropped something and It was the most scared I've been in ages. But if I was in a room full of rats I could easily avoid them... bats however can fly... so... bats.

@budwinys & @Pizza My sister collects tarantulas. She buys a new one every month and keeps them all in her bedroom. Her room is like sky high in tanks containing all these huge spiders, it's kinda creepy to look at.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 10:28 PM
@Bigsimsfan12 she's brave! They are probably friendly creatures but I would be so afraid of them escaping and ending up near me!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 10:51 PM
@Pizza My little sister sleeps in that room too, I always joke "What happens if you wake up and there's a tarantula crawling across the babys face?" (Her reply is of course "scoop it back up and hope not to wake her" )

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#11 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 5:23 AM
Probably a room full of chicks all with that "why is there nothing on my ring finger?" look.

Yeah, you know the one.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Theorist
#12 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 5:36 AM
A room full of all the people I intentionally avoid all the time? My mother, several ex-roommates, my ex, my crazy Tea Party stepbrother, etc. That would be enough.

Physical fears are nonsense. The worst a shark or a spider will ever do to you is kill you. No, the worst thing is a room full of people whose existence is to make you feel bad or just make you feel bad by existing.
Inventor
#13 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 12:48 PM
me mum and me sister. can I go all political and chuck some Tory twats in and all the UKippers? *looks hopeful*

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Mad Poster
#14 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 7:02 PM
Isolation, illness and ill willed people.

It would be in phases.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 7:43 PM
A room stuffed full of people. There's no room to sit down, lie down, or even stand without being pressed on all sides by the group around you. No bathroom breaks, either, so you constantly have urine-soaked feet, and only some of it is your own. A faucet drips in the distance, hitting a concrete floor with a loud splat. Everyone breathes heavily from fear, with some people whistling or pounding the walls like a drum to block out the sound of breathing. There's not enough quiet to think.
Banned
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 8:18 PM
To add, will Room 101 break you?
Scholar
#17 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 8:29 PM
A diner filled with crying babies after a night of drinking, that is fucking hell.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
#18 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 9:53 PM
@Aaron4Ever - Probably not. I've been through worse.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 11:55 PM
I step inside and I am falling, falling, falling.... Terrifying!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 1:24 AM
The Elevator at my doctor's office playing Disney Channel and/or Justin Beiber music on loop, with some guy wearing Axe cologne and sad clown make-up burning my books in the corner while he's giving me this really freaky, intense, stare-down.
Scholar
#21 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 1:28 AM
The human centipede. Or being rejected again and again and again. Also heights, or being trapped in a car that's plunged over a bridge into water.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 2:37 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 5th Dec 2014 at 3:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
Probably a room full of chicks all with that "why is there nothing on my ring finger?" look.

We're on it. By the time you get there, we'll have got it swapped for the room full of chicks with rings on fingers.

(Edit: No, this isn't your Room 101, silly. Nor theirs! It's for their husbands.)
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 4:39 AM
Right now? A room without Eve. Terrible separation anxiety. All time? Probably a room with insects. I HATE bugs. All bugs. And only because of that creepy crawly feeling when they walk on you.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 7:55 AM
A very high mountain path that is too easy to take the wrong step off, and anything that could cause death hanging around every corner. Or probably a boxful of cockroaches.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Inventor
#25 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 3:58 PM
Being without my partner for a few days, then watching him be killed via TV so I can't even say good bye, then being sat alone knowing he's gone.
I honestly think I'd die if anything happened to him. My body and mind would just fail. I can't even handle a weekend away from him without hurting myself. He's my rock, my anchor. He keeps me here, alive.
Page 1 of 2