Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 3:26 PM
Default The misery of hair salons
Look. I know I'm not the best person to tell someone how un-original they are but right now when I think about it I probbably am.

We all know how it starts...taking a walk in the city of course! But this walk is different cuz you see a HAIR SALON named what? Guess...

Did you? Well it's Kristina fucking Kristina for a HAIR SALON!! A HAIR SALON named Krisitina.

Here's a few ideas:

Not now honey. I'm entering Kristina and I can't talk...
The robbers smashed Kristina's doors and ran away...
Kristina needs some time to warm up so we never enter right away...

GET IT!! DO YOU GET IT!!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 4:01 PM
There's a hair salon near where I live called Blow Me, which imo is a far better sex joke, and totally somewhere I would spend my money at if I ever used salons.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 4:13 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Jan 2015 at 4:25 PM.
I live in a very small town with somewhere around 10-12 hair salons in the town center (or more - I'm not entirely sure because they keep popping up and closing down. You almost can't go anywhere in the center without having a hairdresser within a 50-100 meters distance). They've all got names like "Hair we are", and other more or less creative names with wordplays on hair-related words. No obviously offensive names, though.
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 4:24 PM
There's a hair salon called Curl Up And Dye. I only found this out because I was making a Blues Brothers reference on my FB profile and listed myself as owner on the FB page by accident.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 4:39 PM
The hairdressers in my town is called 'Evola', but everyone calls it 'Ebola'.

I've never cut my hair so I've never been inside, but apparently it's nice. It's where my boyfriend gets his hair cut.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 7:03 PM
There's a hair salon near my house called Split Ends. You'd think people would want to avoid split ends at a hair salon but I guess not. There's also The Mane Attraction and Jagged Edges.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Nah the Goopy hair-salon... can you imagine it?

Or an hair salon that does exclusively hair from the Sims games.

Haha, that'd be awesome.

This isn't a hair salon but there's some cake place near me that I've never been to before that's called Nothing Bundt Cakes or something like that. Most of the hair places here are pretty basic, like Great Clips or Super Cuts :P
Scholar
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Edero
GET IT!! DO YOU GET IT!!
Well ... no, not really. I've known other Kristinas and they were all impeccable. Perhaps try imagining it in a nice cocktail dress, it might not bother you so much then.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Forum Resident
#11 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 3:12 AM
All the hair salons here have the word "salon" in them, so even the ones with names are called "So-and-so's Salon" instead of just "So-and-so's."

One of the games I used to play had a salon named Duck Fart in the background. Don't ask me why.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Instructor
#12 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 3:53 AM
I guess us Pennsylvanians are less creative, then. I go to a place called Fazio's. Then the rest of Pittsburgh's hair places are usually one of many Supercuts or have a name like "Gorgeous Hair" or "Attractive Looks."

We're not all boring though. There's a tanning salon up in Erie, PA, called "Sun Your Buns."
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
Well ... no, not really. I've known other Kristinas and they were all impeccable. Perhaps try imagining it in a nice cocktail dress, it might not bother you so much then.

Not even a cocktail dress can help when there's no key ingredient...
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 2:19 PM
A salon near my house is named BLOW. When I pass it I wonder if they are advertising a service or a review of their services. Then again, do I really want to know?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Inventor
#15 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 3:07 PM
there's two within walking distance from me, one is called cloud 9 and the other is cut n blow.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Instructor
#16 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by efolger997
There's a hair salon near my house called Split Ends. You'd think people would want to avoid split ends at a hair salon but I guess not. There's also The Mane Attraction and Jagged Edges.

I have The Mane Attraction near me, too!
... How many are there?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stitch_too
there's two within walking distance from me, one is called cloud 9 and the other is cut n blow.

We have a Cloud 9 too! Whenever I Google it for it's phone number, I always have to make sure it's the *right* Cloud 9. Oh, and there's another The Mane Attraction on my town's main street. I never see anyone there, but I suppose someone goes there as it's been there for years.

I wish I had a Cut n Blow.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IAmDeath
There's a hair salon called Curl Up And Dye. I only found this out because I was making a Blues Brothers reference on my FB profile and listed myself as owner on the FB page by accident.

I'VE SEEN THAT HAIR SALON ON A ROAD TRIP BEFORE. I don't remember where though.
Theorist
#19 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 11:02 PM
There's a beauty salon called Carlton Hair near me.
Theorist
#20 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 5:29 AM
Mad Poster
#21 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
Haha, that'd be awesome.

This isn't a hair salon but there's some cake place near me that I've never been to before that's called Nothing Bundt Cakes or something like that. Most of the hair places here are pretty basic, like Great Clips or Super Cuts :P

You must live around ME! So have you eaten at BJ's? WE know it's a restaurant.

And Rob: Some people get their ass waxed, I guess other people get it fashionably trimmed.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#22 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58
I have The Mane Attraction near me, too!
... How many are there?

Apparently a few, since your bio says you live in New York and I'm from Virginia. Must be a somewhat popular name.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Scholar
#23 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 6:25 AM
Pfft! I wish where I lived salons had hilarious names like some of the ones mentioned in this thread.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 8:33 PM Last edited by Sigel : 24th Feb 2015 at 9:14 PM.
I've seen many hair salons, beauty salons and brothels disguised as clubs named Erika. I was always wondering why it's always one of these three options.. no cheap clothing shop or family restaurant or anything, Erikas here are always hair/beauty salons or brothels (ok, clubs...). There are also many nail studios called EuroNails - American style where all staff people are Vietnamese. I love the multi-cultural feeling of that :-)
Theorist
#25 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sigel
I've seen many...brothels disguised as clubs named Erika. Erikas here are always...brothels

I'm compelled to ask, where do you live?
Page 1 of 2