Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 11:02 AM
Default Problem: Stretching Wall's
I seem to be having a bit of a problem here, my wall textures are stretching and I have no idea why this is, I have gone through my package file, individual textures, normal and specular maps and can't find a cause, if anyone could aid me with this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is an image of what the texture looks like in S4S:

And this is an image of what the texture turned out like in-game.

Thank you for your time.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 4:09 PM
Never mind, I managed to fix the issue, by simply remaking the package file using a different wall as a base (Dare to be Square I think).

Here's an image of the finished product in-game, you can't see the specular or normal map in the image but I can assure you that they are there and working perfectly.

Sorry for the waste of a thread.
Perhaps my errors will help aid others somehow.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 1:27 AM
You could have fixed it by editing the DiffuseUVScale in MATD, too (in s4pe in Grid; dunno about other tools). But good that you got it to work anyhow! =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
You could have fixed it by editing the DiffuseUVScale in MATD, too (in s4pe in Grid; dunno about other tools). But good that you got it to work anyhow! =)

I had no idea I could do that, and sorry for the noob question but are there tutorials for s4pe anywhere? It looks rather confusing (and a little scary) if I'm honest.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 10:46 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 6th Jan 2015 at 11:54 AM.
There are a bunch of how-tos/tutorials in Tutorials that might help to familiarise yourself with s4pe. I guess what's scary at first isn't s4pe so much but the packages themselves (just from playing the game, one has no idea how complex some things are) -- once you're a little familiar with that and know what you want to do it's no more difficult than using a text editor or something. You can always post and ask questions on how to do things =) I believe it's easier to figure things out when you have a concrete goal in mind.

Regarding the UVScale thing in particular, see post #67 here for example: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=539060 (julsfels) -- there is no tutorial for this I believe since all that's needed is changing one number.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 5:33 PM
Thank you for the information I'm sure it shall be useful, I understand some coding but this is a little bit different, I've never seen anything like it before, just one of those things I'm going to have to learn in order to make good mods I guess.

Thanks once again.