Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ponytail Braids/Cornrows for Adults (Child-To-Adult Conversion)

by Esmeralda Posted 10th Jan 2015 at 4:30 PM - Updated 30th May 2015 at 10:56 PM by Esmeralda : Just a change to the name of the package as requested

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:30 PM
Thank you very much as I was hoping YOU would do this. You are the best!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:50 PM
Yay!! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 3:54 AM
Lovely - some extra colours that Anubis didn't do. Is there any possibility, given the way EA mapped this, that the multi-coloured ones could have the colours continued onto the scalp, as my lady has to do them in real life (the wefts have to be sewn to the parting piece and the cornrows round the head underneath, as with all extensions) and also the black/purple/blue combination her sexy daughter loves? A longer version as worn by Melissa Steel in her videos would also be welcome.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 6:54 AM
great work! thanks :DDD
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 8:34 AM
This is great, thank you very much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 9:22 AM
Thank you so much! We desperately need more African American hair in Sims 4 and this is a great start! :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 9:42 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 11th Jan 2015 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Typos
Thanks, everyone! And big thanks to lewisb for such a lovely comment - thank you, that makes my day!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 10:39 AM
wonderful and i needed these for my game, thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 7:39 PM
I don't understand why a creator would get annoyed at a few suggestions. He thanked you, and it sounded like support to me as he didn't sound unhappy, I read it as he was excited by knowledge he did have on the subject. I want to say thank you for improving on an EAxis creation and being more successful and expanding on what Anubis tried to do. That is how you inspire people, be it that you stay kind. :-( I also want to ask why you decided to call these dreads; they look like cornrows to me?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 7:41 PM
Love this!! Especially the vibrant highlighted colors in the ponytail! Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 9:33 PM Last edited by Esmeralda : 11th Jan 2015 at 10:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
I don't understand why a creator would get annoyed at a few suggestions. He thanked you, and it sounded like support to me as he didn't sound unhappy, I read it as he was excited by knowledge he did have on the subject. I want to say thank you for improving on an EAxis creation and being more successful and expanding on what Anubis tried to do. That is how you inspire people, be it that you stay kind. :-( I also want to ask why you decided to call these dreads; they look like cornrows to me?

I called the hairdo Dreads because that's the name I've always heard this type of hairdo referred to by. I'd thought cornrows were a very short hair, without the long plaits. If I have the terminology wrong, I apologise! I just thought it was more meaningful than EA's 'Braided Ponytail'.

That poster didn't thank me; his post was a Feedback post, not a Thanks post. I wasn't being unkind in my reply; indeed I stated that he had some good ideas and recommended he take them to the Creation Forum. I think he has good ideas but my upload threads are not the place for them.

ETA: NVM, I've removed my reply to that poster because it's not worth having any hassle...!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 1:27 AM
These are very nice. Thank you for making and sharing this.
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 2:22 AM
Wolfstarz7 - don't be so insular, this hairstyle isn't just African-American, it's Afro-Caribbean, Black British, African and African heritage wherever there are black women.
Esmeralda and babyliss and anyone who doesn't know - EA's name is the correct one. These are braids, which are always extensions. Cornrows are short hair closely braided to the scalp in similar fashion to the part on the head here, but more usually running round the head in rows, hence the name, and often in intricate patterns. Dreads, short for dreadlocks and also called locs, are always naturally grown hair no matter how long, and never extensions or braided, and can be seen on reggae stars such as Bob Marley and other Rastafarians. Once they start locking a true Rasta never cuts them.
The only way you could get multicolours only on the ponytail in real life would be if it was a separate clip-on ready-made hairpiece; hair extensions simply aren't made with colours starting part-way along.
I'm not hassling you, I've told you before I love the things you do, I'm simply trying to pass on my first-hand knowledge of how these
things are actually done so you can reproduce them more accurately (if the game will let you).
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 4:11 AM
afgw: As I have worn and watched this type or braiding my whole life -I know what cornrows are, trust me. I was trying to make a kind correction, and at the same time understand the creators observation. If this is about a terminology; I apologize if there is any confusion -I thought that "cornrowed ponytail" sounded more accurate. My observation is exactly as you described in my opinion. Understand everyone perceives things differently.

Esmerelda: I admit I read your response as a tiny bit snippy, and got sidetracked trying to thank you and ask a simple question. I was just trying to understand, but thanks for responding with grace and not making any assumptions. :-)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 9:29 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 12th Jan 2015 at 9:40 AM.
@babyliss @afgw Thanks for the helpful explanations re the terms used for the different hairstyles. Have amended the title of the thread to cover what I hope would be the various terms people might associate with this type of style!
Quote: Originally posted by afgw
The only way you could get multicolours only on the ponytail in real life would be if it was a separate clip-on ready-made hairpiece; hair extensions simply aren't made with colours starting part-way along.
I'm not hassling you, I've told you before I love the things you do, I'm simply trying to pass on my first-hand knowledge of how these
things are actually done so you can reproduce them more accurately (if the game will let you).

These are indeed supposed to be clip-on extensions. Yes, the game wouldn't let me make scalp-based multicolours accurately - as with the back ponytail strands all being mapped to one texture, all the scalp strands at the front of the head are mapped to one texture, so the game forces them to be all the same colour, while the back strands can be different colours. Weird mapping, EA. I didn't think that looked good, so left the scalp one natural colour and thought of the coloured braids as clip-ons.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 7:03 PM
thank you!!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 7:07 PM
@Esmeralda, you are welcome. I appreciate what you do and use them in my game, as this is a game to me, not reality. *HUGS*
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 1:03 AM
Thanks for the clarification. EA stupidity strikes again! Not in the least surprised.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 9:56 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 13th Jan 2015 at 11:08 AM.
Thanks for the clarification. EA stupidity strikes again! Not in the least surprised.

EA stupidity knows no bounds! Their latest act of idiocy with the last update patch, of no longer letting us see our own cc-wearing sims in our own Libraries unless we connect to the online Gallery from within our game and click a box (which is ONLY visible if you go online) to enable the ability to view sims with cc, is mind-boggling. I've been making a new sim who wears cc and couldn't understand why he kept not appearing in my Library when I saved him. Then I found out about the new online requirement to see your own saved sims in your own Library. Couldn't believe it!
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
@Esmeralda, you are welcome. I appreciate what you do and use them in my game, as this is a game to me, not reality. *HUGS*

Aww, thanks again, so nice to hear (read) that! And HUGS back!
Scholar
#21 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 11:28 AM Last edited by Nouk : 13th Jan 2015 at 11:42 AM.
Wolfstarz7 - don't be so insular, this hairstyle isn't just African-American, it's Afro-Caribbean, Black British, African and African heritage wherever there are black women.
Esmeralda and babyliss and anyone who doesn't know - EA's name is the correct one. These are braids, which are always extensions. Cornrows are short hair closely braided to the scalp in similar fashion to the part on the head here, but more usually running round the head in rows, hence the name, and often in intricate patterns. Dreads, short for dreadlocks and also called locs, are always naturally grown hair no matter how long, and never extensions or braided, and can be seen on reggae stars such as Bob Marley and other Rastafarians. Once they start locking a true Rasta never cuts them.

You can do cornrows that end in braids without extensions. But to get this look you'd better have pretty long and thick hair.
Also, to get the effect that this download has (only color in the ponytail) you can get ombre braiding extensions. You don't need a clip-on. Usually people want the color change to be gradual, but the hairband could be covering the transition between colors. Example: http://img.alibaba.com/img/pb/012/5...7585012_859.jpg
Just google 'ombre braids' for some gorgeous examples. You can do the same with the cornrows that you've gathered in a ponytail.

Cool hairstyle, I want to see if this hair exists for Sims 3 or 2 but are ports allowed by EA?

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 2:05 PM
Thanks, Nouk, that's really interesting info. I did a Google of ombre braids and wow, there are indeed some gorgeous examples!

Yes, you can convert this hair for TS2/3 - EA does allow conversions between games. But, your hair creations are hundreds of times better than anything EA makes!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 5:49 PM
The first Girl looks like Beyoncé
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 10:23 PM
Nouk - You're right, of course, but my comment was getting too long anyway, and I agree 100% with Esmeralda about your own creations - all my TS2 Sims, being black, wore them while my TS3 ones missed them badly and my TS4 ones would love to get the chance too!
Anyone interested in real ombre hair extensions should check out Bella Dreams in the USA - they do your own custom colours if you can find or make a picture to show how you want them to look!
Esmeralda - Took me a while to figure out that latest one too, and the setting doesn't stick in either the Community or My Library sections unlike the Unowned Content one, so has to be reselected every time. What on earth will the idiots do next?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 6:45 PM
I love this thank you!
Page 1 of 2