Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 11:47 PM
Default How to stop townies from generating??
I just opened my character folder and it has 777 items, yes i do have every subhood(1Uni,Downtown,Bluewater Village,all 3 traveling destinations) but really 777 items, and i am playing only one household, any help

I need a cigarette
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 12:36 AM
I suggest you to see this thread (:

If you only dont want more sims or pets from being generated, download these:

nostrayrespaw
antiredundancy
notownieregen
nodormieregen
nossrespawn
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 12:43 AM
You need the no regen hacks. They are (see if I can remember):

anti-redundancy
nodormieregen
nohumble
nossrespawn
nostrayrespawn
notownieregen

That's from memory so I might have missed one. All available at MATY. However, none of these will get rid of those 777 sim files. Those are permanent in that neighbourhood and there's nothing you can (safely) do about it. The norespawn hacks only work on what currently exists. To prevent spawning of that many, you need a new hood and either empty (and clean) templates or to make the neighbourhood (and run it the first time) in Any Game Starter (or use Esme's method which I confess (sorry Esme), I've never tried). Only ever run the neighbourhood with the no repawn hacks in place (or the game will gleefully make a whole new pile of townies for you).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 12:44 AM
However those do not take away from what you already have they simply stop the game making more. You have to prevent townies before loading a new hood. Also make sure you know what each mod is stopping as some you might want. I for one don't use nostrayrespawn because I actually want strays and adopt them in and I also like the game to produce dormies so i don't use 'nodormiregen'.

Another one to grab is 'There is only one Professor' http://cyjon.net/node/291 When your uni students go to class for the first time they will only meet one, rather than two professors.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 12:46 AM
Aha yes, good advice Jo. I like the professors so I don't use that one.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 5:10 AM
I have notownieregen, but I am still getting stupid townies walking around on MY. LOT.

How to get rid of the little pests?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 5:14 AM
That stops new townies from spawning that's all, it doesn't stop the ones that come with every hood. This is why we use empty templates or no templates. We already said how to avoid seeing them, use the visitor controller, the business selector and the prisoner tag. The other option is killing them and there are various threads around on that recently as well, but that doesn't actually get rid of them it just confines them to a graveyard.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#9 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 8:14 AM
Are townies always replaced when one is made playable? In my main hood I've conscripted several townies into the playable community - Andrea Hogan, Brandi LeTourneau and Joe Carr all ended up marrying one or other of my sims, and none of them seemed to be replaced by a new townie.

But in Downtown I'm running a long-term project called Operation Grott (Get Rid Of The Townies), conscripting them one by one. Not killing them off as such, just letting them live out their natural lifespan. So far I've had Goopy, Komei, Marylena, Marisa, Brandon, Kennedy, Sandy Bruty, Amin Sims, Ivy Copur all made playable, and they've all been replaced by new townies. Who all seem to be called either Alon or Amy.

What about downtownies - does the game spawn replacements for them as well? Because when Operation Grott has mopped up the core townies, it'll be gunning for the downtownies next.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by saturnian
Are townies always replaced when one is made playable?
No! I now have notownierespawn because I want to control the age and sex of the townies in one of my 'hoods, but in all the time before I got it, I made a lot of townies and Downtownies playable, and only one was ever replaced by the game. A lot of the townies I made playable were teens, so I made them playable with Inge's teleporter plus painting, but at least Audrey Tsang (the Downtownie with the red and white striped blouse and the cowboy hat) was invited to move in by my playable Tom Cornton in the normal in-game way, and she wasn't replaced. In the end I started creating new townies in CAS, as I was running out of teenage townies. The only one who was ever regenerated in my game was a "special" Downtownie, the male Slob. When I made him playable (also asked to move in by Tom Cornton), he was replaced by a new uglier Slob.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 8:38 AM
Yes, that's why people use the notownieregen mod. You might not see them straight away but without the mod another townie will be made to take their place, be they a main hood townie or a downtown townie.

They have to be there Andrew, that's how the game works. If the game replaces a teen with a teen, an adult with an adult and an elder with an elder I don't think that has to happen. Your teens could have been replaced with adults, adults seem to be favoured as replacements. Or they are there but simply haven't shown up.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 9:06 AM
I really wanted the game to generate new townies in Veronaville, to increase the variety of Sims my playables could meet, but with that one exception of the Slob, it never did. I played for several months like that. I suspect that, with their special coding, the Slobs, the Diva and Mr. Big are always regenerated.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 9:53 AM
Are you sure you haven't got notownieregen in? That's what it's for, to stop the game regenerating townies because that is what it does. Something would be seriously wrong with your game if it isn't making townies. The slob, Diva and Mr Big I believe are NPC's not townies.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 10:34 AM
Thanks to everyone for the help, i really appreciated

But if i get those mods dose that mean that Diva, Mr.Big, Vampires, Wolfs, Witches wont generate anymore ??

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#15 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are you sure you haven't got notownieregen in?
I have it now. I put it in a year ago (January 2014), when I created my custom island 'hood, because I wanted to control what townies I had there, but I played Veronaville throughout 2013 without it. During that I time I made the following townies and Downtownies playable:
5 Maxis townies (1 adult, 4 teens)
5 Maxis Downtownies (2 adults including The Slob, 3 teens)
3 CAS-made townies (1 adult, 2 teens) (Yes, I even made townies I'd created myself into playables!)
All of those, except for the two Maxis Downtownies (one of whom was the Slob), were made playable with Inge's teleporter plus. The only one to generate a replacement was the Slob.

Maybe my widespread use of the teleporter made a difference, and maybe the game only generates replacements when the townie pool is sufficiently depleted, but I only got one replacement for those 13 I made playable. Is it any wonder that I regarded notownieregen as an unnecessary hack? SimPE and the (Wikia) wiki both treat the Slobs, Mr. Big and the Diva as Downtownies. They certainly have some of the characteristics I'd associate with NPCs, but they have no NPC Type numbers. I suppose they're really somewhere in between.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 5:35 PM
I don't really wanna download any template stuffs, so I will just glare at them when they pass by my lot. Maybe I can manage to scare them off.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#17 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer4eveer
Thanks to everyone for the help, i really appreciated

But if i get those mods dose that mean that Diva, Mr.Big, Vampires, Wolfs, Witches wont generate anymore ??

You will get one of some of those if you use anti-redundancy. You will (eventually) get a Grand Vampire, Wolf, Witches (good and bad). The game makes them as it needs them. Little Carping has one of each of those but it doesn't and has never had a Mr Big or Diva. Or either of the slobs.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 2:00 PM
The best way is to prevent them spawning in the first place, but you need both empty templates AND the no-regen hacks. And the game will still spawn apartment townies if you place an apartment block down. (I don't know if having cyjon's Apartment Townies prevents this, because I hate the Apartment townies, I keep meaning to test it.)

You only get the NL special townies if you add a downtown district. It can be a custom blank downtown.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#19 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 2:48 PM Last edited by Annaminna : 16th Jan 2015 at 3:07 PM.
You will not get apartment townies with no townie neighbors

Alpal425 if you don't want use other templates and you want create new hood before creating
go to where you have installed The Sims 2. This will be C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\ by default.
Browse to the UserData Neighbourhoods folder: The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods
Rename N001 to N001-bak to disable it. This prevents the default townies from being created.

You will get all townies from Seasons, Downtown; pets, Bluewater Village etc. but no Goopy& CO.
Remember RENAME IT BACK after making new hood.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 4:30 PM
I like having neighbours though but I don't like the social group townies. Cyjon's mod uses normal townies instead. I don't know if it also prevents social group townies from being created. I'll have to start a new blank test hood to check.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#21 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 11:20 PM
This doesn't really explain where to find the mod that will stop redundant townies from generating. And neither does http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532696 this thread.

Never mind. I think I know where to find what I'm looking for now.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
nohumble

Nohumble only stops Humble from delivering the computer; it doesn't affect respawn of anything. And I'd be wary of using it anyway because Pescado claims that Humble stays banished even if you remove it and that sounds dodgy.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 6:45 AM
I know my comment may be redundant now, but with the base game installed only, new townies are only made when the old townies are made playable. The game will usually continue to generate new townies until there are thirty townies in that neighbourhood, because that's the ideal number.

The same happens when a maid is made playable -- when one of three maids is made playable, a new maid will eventually take their place. There are usually three of each NPC type.

But with Apartment Life installed, the game will continually generate more and more social class townies, even if the player isn't currently playing a household. The game can even generate new social class townies while the player is editing their neighbourhood -- It's happened in my game, so I know it's possible.

The Slobs, Divas and Mr. Bigs do not regenerate autonomously, you have to manually direct the game to regenerate new ones with the NPC and townie maker. Even if the Slobs, Divas, and Mr. Bigs are made playable, the game still recognises them for what they are, and they will still retain their old habits.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I like having neighbours though but I don't like the social group townies. Cyjon's mod uses normal townies instead. I don't know if it also prevents social group townies from being created. I'll have to start a new blank test hood to check.

Unfortunately, that mod counts dormies as townies, so in my neighbourhoods where the first instances of townies are actually dormies (=uni subhood townies), it's them who are trying to claim the other apartments
And if I use his other mod, random apartment residents, the game starts generating new social group townies because my social group families are all very small by now, and if there are only 2 jocks, for instance, apparently it's not enough (even if those are still hobos and not already neighbours somewhere).

Come to think of it, I haven't tried changing the loading order of those two hacks, maybe that could make Goopy become a neighbour, instead of a dormie or a newly generated jock.
I don't have much hope but I'll have to try next time!
Forum Resident
#25 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Unfortunately, that mod counts dormies as townies, so in my neighbourhoods where the first instances of townies are actually dormies (=uni subhood townies), it's them who are trying to claim the other apartments
And if I use his other mod, random apartment residents, the game starts generating new social group townies because my social group families are all very small by now, and if there are only 2 jocks, for instance, apparently it's not enough (even if those are still hobos and not already neighbours somewhere).

Come to think of it, I haven't tried changing the loading order of those two hacks, maybe that could make Goopy become a neighbour, instead of a dormie or a newly generated jock.
I don't have much hope but I'll have to try next time!

You need to move Goopy Gilscarbo to the gearhead, bohemian, jock, tech or socialite Sim bin using SimPE. Or you can use the NPC and Townie Maker to turn Goopy from a regular townie into a social class townie. Only social class townies can become neighbours to Sims living in an apartment.
Page 1 of 2