Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 5:05 AM
Bakery Shop Help?
A few questions, i just got back into the Sims after not having played in years and fell in love with the idea of OFB.

So I want to run a bakery and chocolate shop, I started my business to early and
I wanted to build up my Sims Charisma, Logic and Cooking Level.

So my curiosity is if i am able to shut down my business and
re open it as a new business after i have build up my skills.
( I received a bad review and have no idea how to fix it
I figured it was because my Sims were to slow due to lack of skill,
especially since that critic showed up my first day of business -_- Really)

I also need amazing downloads for beautiful (Edible) cakes candies and chocolates,
anything to help me make a cute sweet shop for my Chi and Hideki Sims

So far I have only found edible chocolates from
http://www.parsimonious.org/furnitu..._Chocolate.html
which look amazing BTW.

Any tips and help will be greatly appreciated, I'm a sims 1 and sims 2 person only.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 5:38 AM
1. Yes, you can shut down your business and reopen it later.

2. Exnem Sims had a lot of great-looking foods, including chocolates and cakes and things. I think their own site is defunct now, but their stuff can be found on the Booty and on TSR (free now).
Edited to fix Booty link.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 5:38 AM
Thank Plumbbob I just read that on a guide somewhere someone else posted hehehe.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Avis
1. Yes, you can shut down your business and reopen it later.

2. Exnem Sims had a lot of great-looking foods, including chocolates and cakes and things. I think their own site is defunct now, but their stuff can be found on the Booty and on TSR (free now).

omg thank you, you're amazing
:lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 5:41 AM
Cheers. I have a bunch of Exnem's foods, but for some reason I never think to use them when I'm building community lots. I ought to get on that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 6:12 AM
Please,please don't play the Jacquet family unless you want to poke your eyes out with a spork. Whoever at Maxis designed that bakery had no idea of how the bakery in game works.

I have a bakery tutorial up but all my pictures vanished. :/ http://joandsarah.livejournal.com/22390.html

Exnem has a lovely cake cart I use it in my coffee shop as sims will autonomously take and eat cake at the tables. http://svt.paysites.mustbedestroyed...buy_mode/foods/ Go down to food cart desert.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Please,please don't play the Jacquet family unless you want to poke your eyes out with a spork. Whoever at Maxis designed that bakery had no idea of how the bakery in game works.

I have a bakery tutorial up but all my pictures vanished. :/ http://joandsarah.livejournal.com/22390.html

Exnem has a lovely cake cart I use it in my coffee shop as sims will autonomously take and eat cake at the tables. http://svt.paysites.mustbedestroyed...buy_mode/foods/ Go down to food cart desert.
oow thanks for that *clicks link*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 8:40 AM
Damn my ignorance on .rar files all the awesome stuff is .rar
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 9:31 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 17th Jan 2015 at 9:02 PM.
You simply need a rar unzipping program, no biggie. WinRAR and 7-zip are the most widely used. Just click the underlined text.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#11 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 1:16 PM
Okay, I will try to say *some* sort of advice. But be warned: I am not really the best person to take advice from when simming. WinRAR is pretty nice, except for the annoying pop ups. Runs just fine except those popups AND most of their button options (which, btw, I never use anyways) look like a virus. But that might be just me. I use WinRar, it's pretty okay. 7zip seems a bit wearyish to me. I mean, I've heard people having problems with it, so I like to stay away from it. I think it's a nice program though, if all those reviews are just lying or something.

Your actual computer can use zip files and rar files on it's own, at least mine does. I wonder who's PC doesn't?... Anyways, pretty much my Windows 7 Home Premium laptop can use rar files and zip files just fine- and, when I downloaded TS3 on the Windows 8 family laptop (with permission from mother, of course), I was able to install CC just fine without a zip/rar opener. It was clean & neat, no complicated stuff, and most importantly to me- from the makers of the PC. I'm pretty sure if your PC can open up zips, it can open up rars. Unless your computer is Windows XP, that might be different? I haven't used XP since.. well, actually 3 months. Our old desktop computer runs XP just fine (but my mom saved about a bajillion pics on there so there is NO memory available, about a MB that's it- every single picture she finds on the internet that she thinks is funny or cute, she saves to the downloads folder: WTH mom?!) but I don't have TS2 or TS3 on there. I'm pretty sure I snuck Minecraft on that computer when I was smaller without my mom knowing, though. Hey, maybe I can convince my mom to give me that desktop for TS2.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 1:29 PM
zip capability comes with Windoze these days. rar not so much. 7zip is fine. I always take reviews with a pinch of salt - a lot of them are down to PEBKAC I'd suspect.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 2:59 PM
I always use 7zip and have no problems with it.

There is a lot of good food choices here on mts alone. Just browse through these http://modthesims.info/browse.php?t...&gs=1&f=38&gs=1

I save my owners time while they are at their business. They cook and/or bake their food at home, with the extra time they have since when they return home it is the same time they left. They don't have to hire a cook or have a kitchen if space is unavailable. And they use fresh fruits and veggies to make their food sparkly.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 9:05 PM
If you place your rar file into a new folder, right click and select 'Extract here' there is no pop up. Just do it a folder not on your desktop...

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 1:31 AM
I did it successfully
but i used a weird frog thingy one which is pretty nice.
It was safe and free

I'll post the link on here for late when I'm on my home comp.

Thank you guys for all your help in helping me have a better time Simming.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 2:10 AM Last edited by gazania : 18th Jan 2015 at 2:29 AM.
Bakeries! I love 'em.

These are a few of the treats I have in my game:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=517147 (The cupcakes are kind of cheaty, i suppose, since they are ready-to-serve, but they work well, and my Sims seem to like 'em. I have not tried the gingerbread.)

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=510762 (Because ... brownies! Chocolate is a food group, y'know. )

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=243197 (Quite a crowd-pleaser.)

I have others, but those three are among my favorites.

When testing a new food, of course, back up your game before you test, just in case you decide shortly afterward that you really don't want the food item.

I've been having trouble getting those edible chocolates to show up in my game. But perhaps I overlooked them.

I also sell cooking decor. But I focus mostly on the goodies.

As for file programs, I use 7zip.

From time to time, I get a bad review. Life goes on, though your business may briefly have a bumpy spell for a while.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 4:01 AM
Just wanted to say, very cool idea! Love it. Hope you have fun.

Paisley♥
"nimbo helba bob queek welp"
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania

I've been having trouble getting those edible chocolates to show up in my game. But perhaps I overlooked them.

They are found under Party in game. I place one of these in all my empties homes. Kind of like a welcome gift for my sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 11:36 PM
my Bakery and Chocolatier shops are finally done now working on flower shop
Mad Poster
#20 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rusty55
They are found under Party in game. I place one of these in all my empties homes. Kind of like a welcome gift for my sims.

Sorry .... I meant on my commercial lots. I wasn't clear. My Simmies pig out on them when I put them on residential lots.

When I can finally fire up my game, I'll take a look again when I'm on a commercial lot. One problem when you are addicted to CC is that sometimes, you can't find certain items that you KNOW should be there because they're buried with all the other Maxis and CC stuff.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 2:59 PM
I remember the chocolates you used to get in TS1 after a good date <nostalgic>

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
One problem when you are addicted to CC is that sometimes, you can't find certain items that you KNOW should be there because they're buried with all the other Maxis and CC stuff.

I have a cc addiction, too. Just the other day my girlfriend told me I needed to find a support group for my addiction.
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 5:23 AM
An addiction to CC is SO GOOD yet SO BAD! I can spend hours and hours sitting in front of a computer, just downloading CC. Not even playing! It's like shopping for your Sims!

Paisley♥
"nimbo helba bob queek welp"
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

OMG! That same page has Conchas/Pan de juevos (also called molletes in some parts of south Texas)!!!!!! Now I can have a Panaderia in my sim world. Yes, this makes me so happy I am jumping in my chair right now. YAY!!! :lovestruc

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Inventor
#25 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rusty55
I have a cc addiction, too. Just the other day my girlfriend told me I needed to find a support group for my addiction.

I'm addicted too, but I don't need a support group, just more cc finds, lol.
That's why I also started on a total download folder. Then it doesn't matter if I downloaded too much. That stuff isn't 100% going into the folder for the hood.
It's more a folder where I can dip in if I need to expand a certain item or a certain theme.
I see this is a hobby.
Page 1 of 2