Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 3:30 PM
Default WTF EAxis Fashion
There are some nice outfits from the TS2 Store (at least according to my taste), but some of them...

I like the design otherwise, but what's the deal with the padlock belt? And is that a bondage collar??
What EAxis fashions (clothing, hair, etc.) make you go "WTF???"
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 3:35 PM
Maybe they have a weird sense of humor and the belt could be their version of a chastity belt.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 3:41 PM
Bizarre indeed. Most of the Apartment Life outfits make me go "WTF?!" as well. And then they coded it so that in EVERY hood, fifty sims would spawn in these outfits. What the?!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Theorist
#4 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 3:53 PM
Socks with sandals. Nuff said.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 5:29 PM
The worst thing is that could be quite a nice dress without those accessories.

I can't remember which EP it was - wait I think it might have been the SP H&M but the thing that boggled my mind were the feet which seemed suddenly to sprout into enormous flapping things. I remember posting in a thread over at MATY called 'How Beautiful are the Feet' (I was singing it at the time which is my only excuse). I had pictures, let me see:

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFBEK5Xks6c
I hasten to add I never sang it like that (I wish). If I had, I would have tried to make a living as a singer instead of as a pianist.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:38 PM
I think the dress in the OP referenced a 2006 or 2007 prada or versace dress-- I remember seeing a fashion mag ad scan of a strapless dress with a padlocked belt, so maybe EAxis was trying to reference high fashion with the store.

Yes, it did look better on the human model.

That was not helpful, funny, or love!
Inventor
#8 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:49 PM
Always and forever, those horrible "raver" outfits from base game, both the male and the female ones.

Yes, I know that this is actually a recolor or something, but even just the mesh itself--just UUGH!

Yes, I know that these are actually guys in the female outfit--this is the only image I could find on Google that would display properly. There was only one picture of a woman in the outfit, and that one wouldn't show up when I tried to post it, it wouldn't show, and all the other pics were either unrelated or more men in the Rave Kimono. I have no idea why, although my working theory is that the outfit is so hideous that the internet itself is trying to deny it's very existence.

Outfits like this are the exact reason I hunt down and gobble up every single default I can find (that and just really hating Maxis textures).
Instructor
#9 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anothereyjana
Always and forever, those horrible "raver" outfits from base game, both the male and the female ones.

The male ravers are so much better than the female ravers though!

I still don't understand any of the costume outfits from OFB. Knight? Chicken? Gorilla? Ninja? I mean, for costume party, sure, but everyday WHY?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 7:38 PM
The kilt for guys. And those shorts with socks, what even?
Inventor
#11 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by conversesneaker
I still don't understand any of the costume outfits from OFB. Knight? Chicken? Gorilla? Ninja? I mean, for costume party, sure, but everyday WHY?

I do want to eventually get good at CC creation and modding one day, and one of my eventual goals is to do a mod/default replacement combo where there's a mod that only one of each of those outfits each will display as-is (for career and costume purposes), and the others can be defaulted. EX.-the Gorillas. There are, IIRC, three or four of those. The mod would let one of those four of your choosing show up (i.e., I choose the normal, black gorilla suit), and the other two/three would be replaced with other outfits (i.e., the pink one and the white one would be normal clothes).
Dunno if I'll ever get to that point, but it's nice to dream.

As for the more Maxis fug, I will never, never understand why in the hell they thought it was a good idea to have this top be enabled for ELDER FEMALES as well. Just, just WHY?! Who actually thought it was a good idea for anyone to see granny like that?! Let the woman have some dignity!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 8:45 PM
Sexy older ladies do not dress like that, only street walkers. It was such a waste what maxis did as someone wasted there time making all that fug instead of trendy or classic pieces. Why are all those base game shirts short when they could have been normal? Male and female. With the amount of clothing they gave us, if each piece had been well thought out we would have hardly needed cc. As it is we have to wade through to find anything decent at all. Thank goodness for H&M but there are tragedies in there too.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 9:20 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 6th Jul 2015 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Formatting issue
19 Chorus Court,
Veronaville

Hi Esmeiolanthe!

I like wearing socks with my sandals. They help to keep my toes warm. My mum gave me these sandals and socks for Chistmas.

And Julian likes me to wear them too!

And, anothereyjana, my mum got that "raver" outfit for Christmas. I think she looks gorgeous in it. It looks good if you've got the looks to carry it off, like my mum has. I think our Veronaville fashions are much cooler than what you people wear.

Yours ever,
Andrew Jones

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 9:22 PM
The AL stuff is so lazy for elders, too. For every other EP when they added elder clothing, they used the elder body shape. But the AL stuff is perky. I hate it. I don't mind a custom perky elder outfit on occasion, but really.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Meet Me In My Next Life
#16 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 9:25 PM
All I have to say is "Thank Goodness For Customs Clothes."

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Forum Resident
#17 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 9:31 PM
I hate that ugly pink frilly dress that almost every stupid townie wears. I think it's from AL. Also all of those ugly punk outfits, but luckily, thanks to the modding community, a lot of those outfits can be fixed so my rebel Sims can still look like a rebel.
Inventor
#18 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 9:32 PM Last edited by anothereyjana : 14th Feb 2015 at 10:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
The AL stuff is so lazy for elders, too. For every other EP when they added elder clothing, they used the elder body shape. But the AL stuff is perky. I hate it. I don't mind a custom perky elder outfit on occasion, but really.

Meh, in that case it's not the non-saggy-ness of granny that's bothering me, it's just the obvious laziness (edit--that you already pointed out, my bad, reading fail.). Instead of creating a separate mesh/whatever for elders like they should, they just enabled it for elders and called it a day--which is probably also how we got the aforementioned street-walker granny top. They do the same thing with house designs in each EP. In those, you could tell which ones were made in the beginning stages of creation, because of the design and the details put in--admittedly, these details could be minimal or odd, but at least they were there. The ones that were made later in the process, however, were just obvious slapp-jobs that might as well have had "We don't give a rat's ass" scrawled on the front lawn with the dirt terrain paint they were so badly done.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 9:57 PM
Like @Maxon - it is the shoes. I could live with most of the outfits actually, because some of my Sims actually are sometimes just the type of Sim who would wear something totally inappropriate Yet those shoes - NOOOOOOOO!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 10:03 PM
Andrew what can I say except your fashion sense is as marvelous and as wonderful as EA's own... Yours sincerely Antonino Moretti.
P.S A sim who loves his fashion.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#21 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 10:37 PM
I like this concept art for the Nightlife raver outfits. The mini kimono is a cute idea, in my opinion. I've downloaded quite a few non-eye-searing retextures and mesh edits of it.

Source
Instructor
#22 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 11:49 PM
This thread is giving me the ambition of finding the one Sim for every outfit & hairstyle that Maxis ever came up with.
Scholar
#23 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vixxen
The kilt for guys. And those shorts with socks, what even?

The Kilt, as you may know is a traditional Scottish "skirt" for males. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilt

But yeah, There are a lot of ugly clothes in the game, both male and female. Or weird, like the animal costumes. Some of it have been mentioned already and I can not think of anything right now. Replaying to the first post I must say that i liked the dress but the collar and the belt sort of ruins it.
Theorist
#24 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsM'Quve
And is that a bondage collar??

I think it says more about you that you would recognize it as such.
Me, I had to actually Google "bondage collar" to see what they looked like.
I probably just don't get around enough.

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I like wearing socks with my sandals. They help to keep my toes warm.

Dude, if the weather is such that your toes are getting cold, there are things called shoes that will help with that. Sandals and socks...
Do you drive a convertible and put on a raincoat to do so when it rains too?

I know it's only a game, but I could have gone through life without seeing those pics.

No offense meant to anyone, but this thread is hilarious.
Scholar
#25 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 1:23 AM
I have that dress in my game, but I never noticed the padlock belt before. Anyway, a lot of the outfits we got from EPs left me thinking "Do they expect my sims to leave the house wearing these things?". Most of them have already been named here in the thread. One that hasn't though is that weird full body suit from AL.
Page 1 of 4