Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#51 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
btw wearing the kilt can occasionally give Scotsmen a hint of the wardrobe problems that women have to face. I once had the elastic of my underpants give out while wearing the kilt, and I ended up walking bow-legged to the nearest shop where I could buy a new pair!

I had that happen in grade 3 at school while wearing a dress. Put me off wearing dresses for years. My mother despised my pants and shorts only wardrobe.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
<snip>
Thank goodness for the Sims 2 Default Database: http://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/ . I've probably replaced at least 25% of the clothing by now, and I think that may be a way too conservative figure. It's probably closer to a third. Some clothes are just so hideous that I wouldn't even have Goopy wear them!
<snip>

Oh, sweet nooboos. Where has this site been all my life. Now to replace a shit-ton of fugly Maxis-wear.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#53 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 3:39 AM
Lol, it's been there. I've worn a track in the place since I visit it so often.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#54 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
Oh my god, you MADE MY DAY with that last picture. XD I never laughed so hard. Where can I download those?

I thought that I remembered seeing that it was actually here on MTS, and, sure enough, when I re-googled it just now it came up again right here.

Ah, the default database. I felt like I'd found sim-jesus when I first stumbled onto that. (Yes, yes, I know that we already have a sim-jesus here, not the point I was trying to make...)

As for more hated Maxis fug...World cup, a.k.a., the hated soccer/football uniforms. How did they manage to mess up something so simple so very badly?!
Field Researcher
#55 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 10:22 AM
I also dislike the underwear with heels - I understand they were trying to go for a lingerie look, but it's a bit annoying when my Sims get assigned this when they grow up, and they wear heels to bed And I'm annoyed with accessories on some other ones, too, like, scarves, gloves, etc. (on non-outerwear). Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather my Sims had a lot of useful basics that they could combine into normal, everyday outfits for different styles (because I get it, not everyone is a jeans-and-T-shirt type of person, some fit a business suit, a nice shirt and slacks, a cute dress, etc. - but these are all 'normal' stuff), rather than have a whole load of weird outfits that I can only think of one or two (or not even that) Sims in my Megahood that could possibly wear this. I do think there's a Sim for almost every outfit, though, but is it really worth spending so much of the game artists' time to make some clothes that so few Sims will actually use?
Forum Resident
#56 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anothereyjana
I thought that I remembered seeing that it was actually here on MTS, and, sure enough, when I re-googled it just now it came up again right here.

Ah, the default database. I felt like I'd found sim-jesus when I first stumbled onto that. (Yes, yes, I know that we already have a sim-jesus here, not the point I was trying to make...)

As for more hated Maxis fug...World cup, a.k.a., the hated soccer/football uniforms. How did they manage to mess up something so simple so very badly?!

Thank you so much!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#57 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 9:30 PM
That underwear has a default that removes the heels.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#58 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 1:45 AM
Found that dress I was talking about. It was the dress used in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGqXXVJlbdQ

Next time I get the chance I will have to make a dress or find one and ask @dharden to default replace it. Such a good simmy friend.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 2:33 AM Last edited by dharden : 20th Feb 2015 at 2:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
Found that dress I was talking about. It was the dress used in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGqXXVJlbdQ

Next time I get the chance I will have to make a dress or find one and ask @dharden to default replace it. Such a good simmy friend.

You mean this one? It looks like there are four dresses that use that style. As for my opinion of it... GHAAA!

However, I don't have AL, so I can't default an AL outfit unless I have a template to work from.
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 3:06 AM
Speaking of awful heels, how would I go about removing said heels from CC?

Forum Resident
#61 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dharden
You mean this one? It looks like there are four dresses that use that style. As for my opinion of it... GHAAA!

However, I don't have AL, so I can't default an AL outfit unless I have a template to work from.

Well, I could find someone else... There are plenty of simmers in the sea. I could make my own replacement, then have someone actually make it default. I like the idea of the dress with frills, just don't like the way Maxis created it. One of the many things that bother me with that dress is how the lace spirals down (shivers).
Mad Poster
#62 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 8:42 AM
@AndrewGloria - I also have the stuffed downloads folder I just don't really care that much - shopping is nice, of course - but playing the game is slightly more fun to me than worrying about them clothes. However, I do appreciate nice outfits too, and the hours that must go into creating them - I can only do the most basic recoloring in bodyshop and it takes time from my gameplay. But - I'd love some new kilts, if you feel like creating again
Mad Poster
#63 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 11:18 AM
Forum Resident
#64 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
Well, I could find someone else... There are plenty of simmers in the sea. I could make my own replacement, then have someone actually make it default. I like the idea of the dress with frills, just don't like the way Maxis created it. One of the many things that bother me with that dress is how the lace spirals down (shivers).

I could do it, but I'd need to modify an existing default from someone who doesn't mind having their work reused like that. I can't do it from scratch because I haven't got any AL brand scratch
Scholar
#65 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Socks with sandals. Nuff said.

Hey, I wear socks with sandals all the time. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 11:35 AM
Walking around town yesterday, I saw a lot of peeps looking far worse than Sims in Maxi outfits again. Oh, well
Field Researcher
#67 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 12:04 PM
Ahhh I also remember one that's not exactly fashion as in clothes, but hair. But the Maxis pigtails, especially on adults (Cassandra Goth, yeah, I've got you in mind). I don't dislike pigtails in general and I know there are some super cute CC ones, but the Maxis ones are just horrible. I sometimes let kids have them but most definitely not adults. I actually think Cassandra is really pretty once I get rid of those pigtails.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
Speaking of awful heels, how would I go about removing said heels from CC?

Changing the shoes of an outfit requires editing the mesh. So either edit the mesh, or find a replacement for it with a different mesh
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Cheetah/leopard-print dress with very low collar, exposing the midriff, and boots - I still haven't figured out a way to use this outfit.

Gold digger.

/waits for tomato lashing

@gummilutt Thanks! I've thought about this, and might persue this sometime. High heels and underwear / high heels and swimwear just don't go together. Maybe if my sims were on a runway... Which they never are.

Mad Poster
#71 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 12:26 AM
Shoe swapping is on my to-do-list too, but I'm trying to conquer all the regular stuff first, in hope that that'll make it less complicated But there are good tutorials out there, I believe, so shouldn't be impossible
Theorist
#72 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 1:35 AM
How bout clothes that SHOULD be put together, jeans and a shirt, don't work right. We all know maxis/EA has a thing for the gals bearin skin and I know that HP and some others did some fixes for some, but there shouldn't need a fix for western wear, other than maybe a belt.

I happen to like this pair of pants and the other one like it, does anyone know if someone has fixed them?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#73 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 11:01 AM
Thread is up! http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=548406

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#74 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
How bout clothes that SHOULD be put together, jeans and a shirt, don't work right. We all know maxis/EA has a thing for the gals bearin skin and I know that HP and some others did some fixes for some, but there shouldn't need a fix for western wear, other than maybe a belt.

I happen to like this pair of pants and the other one like it, does anyone know if someone has fixed them?

Maybe this: http://www.modthesims.info/download...586#post2024586
And I think it's also part of this big pack by CatOfEvilGenius: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=304345
Theorist
#75 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 7:55 PM
Thanks .. I knew HP had done some of these, I just wasn't sure which ones. (Read as I didn't go look :P)

I have umpteen tabs and folders open doin a dozen different things usually at all times. I was in bodyshop recolorin the jeans when I noticed they didn't fit when a top was added. Tried a few others and nope, it was the jeans, maxis/EA fumbled ... again. I will hafta go get HP's jeans and recolor those instead :D

Much thanks for lookin
Page 3 of 4