Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Evict Ghost Households

by scumbumbo Posted 15th Feb 2015 at 5:25 PM - Updated 21st Feb 2015 at 5:25 AM by scumbumbo : Mac compatibility note

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 5:50 PM
I must admit i haven't had any ghost houses yet. The only ghost problem I have is them remaining in my sims friends list even after they have gone to the sims spirit world. Thanks for all the mods though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 6:06 PM
wow , so awesome :-D
Deceased
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mikeedude
I must admit i haven't had any ghost houses yet. The only ghost problem I have is them remaining in my sims friends list even after they have gone to the sims spirit world. Thanks for all the mods though.

Yeah, that will probably be the subject of a future mod, just not sure how I want to approach it. In debugging the internals for this mod I found that I have probably a hundred totally worthless ghost townie families in my game, most with only one Sim in the family.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 6:57 PM
Does this delete those said families, or just move them into the spirit world?
Deceased
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RagnarokJ
Does this delete those said families, or just move them into the spirit world?

The family itself is not deleted, so any relationships your living Sims might have had with them remains unchanged, they can call them on the phone, etc.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 8:41 PM
Thank you =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 9:10 PM
Thank you so much for this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 11:47 PM
Weird because they said it wouldn't work this way. Like if you aren't playing the Landgraabs, no graves generate when they die (supposedly to help prevent the game from lagging). Leave it to EA to have them get ghosts anyway even if they don't leave a grave behind.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 12:13 PM
Thank you !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 1:53 AM
Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 8:08 PM
Could you expand a bit on how this works? It will evict the ghosts from the lots, but does that mean I can then access them in manage households and delete them from there? The biggest issue is the overcrowding that they cause.
Deceased
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaspookaboo
Could you expand a bit on how this works? It will evict the ghosts from the lots, but does that mean I can then access them in manage households and delete them from there? The biggest issue is the overcrowding that they cause.

Yeah, I know exactly where you're coming from. I've been giving some thought to some way to take care of this, but not sure exactly what approach I will take yet.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 8:37 PM
Beautiful... fixed my nagging issue.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 5:41 AM
thanks big time cant stand playing with thoses but i havent seen one yet.THANKSSSSS
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 12:43 PM
Thank You!! I was getting tired of all the ghost families moving in. :D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 7:20 PM
Is possible create a kind of script where all the ghosts are moved to the lot only? This one may make build cemeteries possibility.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:16 AM
Is this up to date with newest patch?

Check Out My Sims Photo Album
Challenges, Funny Shots, and Pretty Sims!
Auroradreamergirl's Sims
Deceased
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Auroradreamergirl
Is this up to date with newest patch?
I haven't had to use it since the latest patch, but I haven't heard of any issues. From what I can tell from just looking at the code it should still work, but I haven't tested it.

Then again, I suppose it's equally possible that, since I use the automatic version of the mod, maybe it's been quietly working in the background this whole time. If anyone runs into any issues, do let me know!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 3:19 PM
My hospital is run by ghots...! the 2 or 3 sims that work there (and aren't the sim that I'm using, of course) became ghost at some point... I guess this mod doesn't delete them, right? as the hospital doesn't count as a household, I guess...
Deceased
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sponge Val
My hospital is run by ghots...! the 2 or 3 sims that work there (and aren't the sim that I'm using, of course) became ghost at some point... I guess this mod doesn't delete them, right? as the hospital doesn't count as a household, I guess...

The mod doesn't actually delete any ghosts, it will only evict them from the property if there's a lot with only ghosts living on it, so your ghost hospital should remain untouched. As you pointed out they don't actually live there.

Since the March 26 game patch the game itself seems to be much more aggressive at deleting old ghosts, so there's of course the chance they may get deleted by the main game cleanup process.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd May 2015 at 5:24 AM
thanks so much ,this crap is all over the place.good work
Scholar
#23 Old 5th May 2015 at 8:47 AM
Cleaning ghost is also now in MC Controller mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 9:03 PM
Hi, does tihs work with the new update?? so tired of those damn ghosts taking over my neighbourhood!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 12:12 AM
seems like everyone has gone off the radar...
Page 1 of 2