Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 6:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default [EDIT TOWN] - Lots
Hello,

I know there was a thread similar to this, however it hadn't had a reply in 10 months and I'm guessing there's a rule for necroposting.

When I use 'Edit Town' (I'm using Sunset Valley for this particular issue), if I delete a lot or two in favour of placing a larger/different lot down, the land suddenly becomes invalid.

For example, I wanted to place a 40x40 lot just opposite the beach, where two houses are: The Frio Household and an empty one. However after I deleted them, I couldn't place the lot. There was enough space.

Anybody know a fix for this? It's extremely annoying...
Thanks!

-Me
Advertisement
#2 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 9:00 PM Last edited by fairycake89 : 19th Feb 2015 at 9:20 PM. Reason: more waffle
Quote: Originally posted by tigers4ever
Hello,

I know there was a thread similar to this, however it hadn't had a reply in 10 months and I'm guessing there's a rule for necroposting.

When I use 'Edit Town' (I'm using Sunset Valley for this particular issue), if I delete a lot or two in favour of placing a larger/different lot down, the land suddenly becomes invalid.

For example, I wanted to place a 40x40 lot just opposite the beach, where two houses are: The Frio Household and an empty one. However after I deleted them, I couldn't place the lot. There was enough space.

Anybody know a fix for this? It's extremely annoying...
Thanks!

-Me

@tigers4ever I went into game and had a look at this for you - I deleted the Frio house and the small lot next to it. I also deleted some of the landscaping that would be behind the Frio house, some palm trees, a sign and some flowers. I also deleted some streetlights in case they were the problem and then I tried to place a 40x40 lot. I think that despite the appearance of space the back of what would be the 40x40 lot is classed as un-routable terrain because it's not level enough for sims or a house as it's at the bottom of a hill. It's not possible to lay a 40x40 there no matter how hard you try using conventional means. I was, however, able to lay down a 30x40 lot there by using this mod.

Yes, it is frustrating because it's a lovely spot just there