Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Less Clunky “Sooner or Ladder” Chair

by plasticbox Posted 24th Feb 2015 at 9:45 PM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 11:24 PM
Looks great
Theorist
#3 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 1:45 AM
it took flipping back and forth between the two pictures a couple dozen times, but I see what you did. not exactly a game changer but they look slightly more elegant. Good job.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 2:14 AM
Awesome! I always thought that chair looked too big and Lego-ish.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 10:33 AM
This is so needed! I'm not the biggest fan of the "pushed porportions" art style they have going on. :/ The bookcases you did are loved too!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 10:47 AM
awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 2:45 PM
Yes.. good call.. Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 4:58 PM
Thank you. This is great. There are a lot of items that need this sort of minor shrinkage!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 5:16 PM
Awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 7:59 AM
Thank you.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 11:19 PM
Hey there. This is really useful, so I was taking a look at it (thinking about de-clunkifying some other oversized objects for myself) and I was wondering: you said that since this overrides the rig, any recolors will also be declunkified if they reference the original rig. But I saw that you made a new resource for the rig and include the OBJDs to have them reference that one (the EA rig has instance 0x1194CAB67150D15F, I think, and yours is 0x9604D2C9EFC5421F). Wouldn't that mean that recolors wouldn't actually be declunkified? Sorry if I'm missing something; just trying to understand better as I try to make some end tables less gigantic

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 4:43 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 13th Mar 2015 at 6:37 AM.
I can't look at it right now, but if you say there’s a custom rig in the package then that sentence might have been copy+paste fail =) – I was doing this and the former version of this as well as this upload at about the same time, so might have mixed up something. But in any case this mod is not a mesh edit, that I’m sure about, it only needs the rig changed – you could C+P a custom one into recolours as well.

Note that for some objects just editing the rig doesn’t work well, because it won’t affect the dropshadows – but for this kind of thing it’s fine since the dropshadows on chairs aren’t very pronounced and I’m not changing its position either. But if you fiddle with end tables, make sure to test them *indoors* and on a light-coloured floor! Outdoors the dropshadows aren’t being displayed.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 5:51 AM
Thanks for the reply! I did discover that about the shadows when I tried squishing the Tabula Rasa end table: it looks so good about 15 to 20 percent slimmer, but I could only get away with 10 percent and still have passable shadows.

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 4:42 PM
Thank you! Personally, I think all of the Eaxis chairs are much too big and clunky, and this makes the chair nice and realistic. Much appreciated.