Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 4:10 AM Last edited by Enki : 4th Mar 2015 at 9:27 PM. Reason: fixed some textbreaks
Default Private Hospital Challenge
Challenge goal: Succesfully run a private hospital while rotating patients in and out
Suitable for: Storytellers, Micromanagers
Similar challenges: Hotel challenges,prison challenges, perhaps Asylum challenges

Setup:
Create your doctor in CAS. Pick any trait you want. You can be a benevolent, unmoved, jerk or even evil doctor, it doesn´t matter as long as you meet the challenge goal.
For aspiration Master Mixologist (make believe he´s creating medicine), Friend of the World, or Freelance Botanist come to mind. Serial Romancer if you want to go with a good old TV stereotype. But you are free to pick any other.

Build your private hospital using starting funds only. You need seperate living quarters for your doctor (a bedroom, bathroom and one other room), an office (needs at least one computer, desk and two chairs), a room for at least one patient (needs one bed, one nightstand and one dresser per patient), a kitchen and small a park or garden. This can be strain with only starting funds, but later you can upgrade any of those areas and add new ones.

Getting in the money:
- You cannot hold a job, but pretty much everything else is fine.
- You can also move in one helper via regular gameplay (befriend and invite). The helper is there to assist you, he/she cannot pursue a traditional career. If the helper ends up chained to an easel 24/7 I won´t judge you ;-)
- You mayy have romantic interactions with townies or the helper, but not with the patients. At least not as long as they stay in your care, afterwards it is allowed.
- You and/or your helper can ask for loans if your charisma is high enough.
- For every patient cured you recieve money from their family: 1000 simoleons for every household member (no, you are not allowed to merge townie households for this purpose – let them spawn as they do naturally, depending on the townie management mods you have, of course)

How to treat and cure a patient:
- Every sim passing your home lot is a potential patient.
- Invite a sim in and order them to „sit together“ in the office
- Now take note of the first speech bubble your patient produces after taking a seat. This is their ailment. However crazy, roll with it!
- Actual traits the patients have do not matter. They seek help for their specific problem only and ore otherwise perfectly functional and happy.
- Take a picture of the moment for future reference (camera options: capture UI)
- Save and go to Manage Worlds to take note which household your patient belongs to.
- If you are cruel (must not have the good trait), you may reject the patient at this point (if they are from a single household for instance)
- Move in the patient now and take away all money they might bring with them
- Assign the patient their own bed (have them sleep in it or use a mod) so they remember it later
- For a greater challenge you can rule that you are not allowed to play the patients, though you are allowed to cancel immersion breaking
actions (like your patient playing computer games in your office). A good rule of thumb is that the patients may only enter the park, their
room, the kitchen and a common room if you have one.
- Roll a die and add +1 for elders and children: this is how many days the patient has to stay in your hospital. Cancel every attempt they make
to leave the lot!
- Patients must stay an additonal day for the cure (see below) to be applied
- Depending on the disease in question your patients require specific therapy. Choose whatever you like within the following limitations: No two
patients in your household may require the same therapy AND a therapy may only chosen again after every other option has been used.
- Therapies have two components, morning (between 5 am and 12 am) and afternoon (between 1 pm and 10 pm)
- Example therapies (but feel free to make your own) are shown below, every action should last at least 1 hour.
1 = Aqua Gymnastics (swimming)/ Dance to the stereo
2 = Do not leave a 3x3 doorless, lightless and windowless empty room/Healthy walk in the garden
3 = Read a book/Write something
4 = Refrain from social interaction/have deep and meaningful talk with therapist
5 = Play chess or do some other serious/sophisticated activity/Play with children´s toys or read kids book
6 = Nap or sleep all morning/ Workout on the treadmill
7 = Experience extreme emotion (any „very…“ or perhaps „Dazed“ if you feel like electroshocking your patients/Experience peace of mind (the neutral okay emotion)
- If you play with the optional no controlling the patients rule, one or more patients may miss therapy sometimes, however hard you try to
coerce them. If both modules
are missed for a day, the patient´s stay is lengthened by another full day.
- To help therapy along, you may utilize emotional paintings, potions and the like at no penalty
- In addition to the therapy, medicine neds to be taken at a specific time every day. You have a two-hour window, so if a patient requires
medicine at 5 am, the actual time can be anytime between 4 am and 6 am.
- No two patients can be sheduled at the same hour. Sheduling one for 4 am and another for 5 am is fine, though, and both could take their
medicine at 4 am (because it is within both their windows).
- What counts as medicine is for you to decide, but it should be an uncommon and clearly defined food, for example flirty cookies or a specific
drink. Just a drink or just
an emotional recipe is not sufficient enough. You may, of course, preapre and store medicine in advance.
- No two patients who are in your hospital at the same time may require the same medicine. (You guessed it, right?)
- If you managed all this, you still need to apply the cure. For this you must consult an expert. By default the expert is Don Lothario (who
worked as a doctor in TS2), but if he isn´t in your game anymore, create your own expert. Consult this person either by visiting them or
inviting them over. Take note of the first speech bubble after sitting down together again – this is the cure. If the icon indicates a trip into
space, then a trip into space it will be. Or perhaps looking at a space print would suffice? If it is Tyrannosaurus rex, getting chewed by a
cowplant feels like a good substitute…. or have the patient play with a toy dinosaur instead. As you can see, anthing goes as long as you find
a good justification.
- The challenge is over once you reach Adulthood.

Scoring:
10 points for every patient you cured and released
+5 for being best friends with a patient on release
+1 for every picture of an ailment or cure
+1 for each day you have 3 or more patients in your hospital
- 10 for every patient rejected
- 5 for every love affair with a patient during their stay (as soon as the pink bar appears it counts as an affair)
- 5 points for every loan not repayed after one week
- 5 for being enemies with a patient at the time of release
-2 every time a patient misses one module of therapy
-1 every time medicine is given at the wrong time or if it is spoiled, -2 if not given at all for that day

Please let me know if this is do-able and be sure to share your unique diseases/cures!
Suggestions about expanding/improving are welcome!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 12:36 PM
This sounds really fun, might give it a go!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd May 2015 at 12:19 AM
Ok, so I'm doing your challenge. My very first patient had a speech bubble of me. so I diagnosed him with "white Coat Syndrome", which is the fear of doctors. Lol -Having fun already.
I had one question when a patient is cured I assume we move him back to his house. What if he was homeless? Can I just throw him anywhere? :-) Thanks
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd May 2015 at 3:07 AM
Here are pictures from my 1st day of play: Dr. Pearce writing diagnoses.; Her Oderly, Tylor. The 1st few patient rooms (up-graded my starter hospital already).; and the common room with kitchen pass through.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd May 2015 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ribbonista
This sounds really fun, might give it a go!

If you decided to try this, Ribbonista, you should post pics so we can see.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th May 2015 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
Ok, so I'm doing your challenge. My very first patient had a speech bubble of me. so I diagnosed him with "white Coat Syndrome", which is the fear of doctors. Lol -Having fun already.

Aw, the poor guy But now that he´s admitted it, he´s taken the first step to (hopefully) getting cured.
I had one question when a patient is cured I assume we move him back to his house. What if he was homeless? Can I just throw him anywhere? :-) Thanks

The patients rejoin their original households, so the homeless would go back into the not-in-world bin. However, if you are attached to those sims after having played them for some time, I´d suggest moving them into a house to keep them save from the culler (unless you have the No culling mod, of course).
Thank you for for playing!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th May 2015 at 10:30 PM
This sounds like so much fun! I'm currently playing the prison challenge and do not own get to work for all the neat
objects (even if they're just decorative) so I won't do it just yet but I've bookmarked the thread and will read and look at pictures

@mama_tex your hospital looks awesome, I wish my prison was this clean and organized. Also the white coat
disease because of doctor speech bubble is the most hillarious thing I've heard today :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 2:05 AM
Totally Trying!!
I might be able to post pictures... We'll see if my computer is nice.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 6:03 PM
Ok got get to work, will try this today or tomorrow after I've redone the prison
Of course I'll share pictures.

What is the quickest and easiest way to bring back a sim to his or her original household?
Also is it supposed to be a mental hospital or is any kind of hospital okay?

Call me Sukie please :)
My simblr: Paperheart Sims
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusanneKa
What is the quickest and easiest way to bring back a sim to his or her original household?

Pause game, go to Manage Worlds, go to Manage Households, select your hospital, then select "split household", find the household you need and move the cured patient there.
Also is it supposed to be a mental hospital or is any kind of hospital okay?

Whatever you feel more comfortable with. Since everything depends on your interpretations of the thought bubbles, it´s totally up to you. You can also have different wards, one for mental and one for physical illnesses, if you so desire. I´m not the most realism-inclined player, so I´d just mix and match.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 2:33 PM Last edited by mama_tex : 4th Jun 2015 at 2:43 PM.
@mama_tex your hospital looks awesome, I wish my prison was this clean and organized. Also the white coat
disease because of doctor speech bubble is the most hillarious thing I've heard today :D[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I have a couple challenges going at the same time but I am having so much fun with this one. I went with the Therapy clinic Idea, because it seemed easier. My lastest patients suffer from Motion sickness and Caffeine Addiction. Can't wait to see your pics. Have you posted your prison pics anywhere-I haven't tried that challenge yet.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
Whatever you feel more comfortable with. Since everything depends on your interpretations of the thought bubbles, it´s totally up to you. You can also have different wards, one for mental and one for physical illnesses, if you so desire. I´m not the most realism-inclined player, so I´d just mix and match.

I think I'm going with a mental and physical ward in the end but I might just start up with one for general medical issues instead of separating them from
the beginning. I might give myself some more starting funds so I can decorate a bit and use medical beds instead of just the bare minimum.

Thank you, I have a couple challenges going at the same time but I am having so much fun with this one. I went with the Therapy clinic Idea, because it seemed easier. My lastest patients suffer from Motion sickness and Caffeine Addiction. Can't wait to see your pics. Have you posted your prison pics anywhere-I haven't tried that challenge yet.

Ohh, caffeine addiction... I can empathize with that patient for sure! I'm wondering though, what speech bubble did the patient with motion sickness have?
I just finished rebuilding my prison so I think I'll go ahead and start this challenge now. Pictures from my prison are in the respective challenge thread and
also on my tumblr although here I only post what I feel is essential because I don't want to spam the mod the sims threads The link is in my signature.

Call me Sukie please :)
My simblr: Paperheart Sims
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 11:31 PM
I think I'm going with a mental and physical ward in the end but I might just start up with one for general medical issues instead of separating them from
the beginning. I might give myself some more starting funds so I can decorate a bit and use medical beds instead of just the bare minimum.

Ohh, caffeine addiction... I can empathize with that patient for sure! I'm wondering though, what speech bubble did the patient with motion sickness have?
I just finished rebuilding my prison so I think I'll go ahead and start this challenge now. Pictures from my prison are in the respective challenge thread and
also on my tumblr although here I only post what I feel is essential because I don't want to spam the mod the sims threads The link is in my signature.

The speech bubble was of a car-I get car sick all the time so that's what popped into my head. Silly I know but It's fun.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 2:03 AM
Do speech bubbles count or just thought?
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 1:42 AM
Speech bubbles count.

When I played this challenge, I'd have the sims sit together and then wait what the patient would say or think. So, no choosing conversation topics for my doctor as that could be interpreted as influencing the patient.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
Speech bubbles count.

When I played this challenge, I'd have the sims sit together and then wait what the patient would say or think. So, no choosing conversation topics for my doctor as that could be interpreted as influencing the patient.

Thanks ! I will do it how you did though!