Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 3:12 PM
Default More columns in CAS
elelunicy posted this on /r/thesims and I thought it was a really nifty idea that some people here might find interesting as well!

Here's a link to the specific comment where OP explains how it was done:

Quote:
The UI files actually contain GP/EP specific codes so they're going to be updated when the next patch rolls out. Better to do it yourself and here's how.

1. Extract .gfx files from Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client\UI.package using S4PE. The resource that controls the number of columns is in S4_62ECC59A_00000000_DF09D526F4C77B95%%+_GFX.gfx
  2. Use a hex editor to change the file header from GFX to FWS so the file can be read with a Flash decompiler
  3. Decompile the file with a Flash decompiler
  4. Now you can edit the source files. The codes for the number of columns is in found in scripts\widgets\CAS\Customizer\CASCustomizerTunables.as
  5. Compile the source files you edited back to a Flash file
  6. Change the file type back to GFX with the hex editor
  7. Repackge the file you modded with S4PE
  8. Put the package file in your Mods folder
  9. Done!

Screenshots

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 11:08 AM
Hi all!
I found out how to do this without step number 5. Here you can download JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler which can edit flash files. After installing this program we will need PlayerGlobal (.swc) which you can find here. After downloading need to put this file to C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\JPEXS\FFDec\flashlib folder. Here <user_name> it's your user name windows. With this editor you don't need decompile and compile resources again. Tha'ts why i so much like it. Also i attached file which i edited with this editor so you can check how it's working. I didn't converted to gfx format because i havent sims game anyway and cant check it. So you can test if you wish. Enjoy
Attached files:
File Type: rar  S4_62ECC59A_00000000_DF09D526F4C77B95%%+_GFX.rar (158.8 KB, 225 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 5:38 PM
Everything worked fine and then i did something wrong which lead to an interesting thing... More UI elements appeared...

This appeared on clothing and tattoos... Didn't check other categories tho
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 6:00 PM
I checked through the UI files a long time ago and saw code related to the UI elements you have discovered above.

They were apparently working on an in-game micro-transaction system as we have seen in The Sims 3. Obviously they scrapped the idea a while before releasing the game, and I hope they do not resume work on it. I much more prefer the way they are handling content right now (game packs are neat).
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th May 2015 at 4:03 PM