Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 7:55 PM
Looks great! The only thing I noticed is that there seem to be some "floating" trees in the distance over the lake.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 8:09 PM
I`ll try to fix them when making final save file as EIG is useless for DT decoration.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:22 PM
I really hope people wont`t have been dropped Sims 3 for Sims 4 by the time I finish my world. Becouse A LOT of work is ahead of me.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 6:47 PM
I need your guys help. This problem is old as world but I can`t find a sollution to my situation even if a bunch of threads regarding this issue have been created. I can`t save EIG after placing or even moving a lot.

I tried all suggestions - cleaned cache, checked for streets overlapping, closed CAW while in EIG... Still same issue. I was saving just fine until some point yesterday or the day before. Unfortunatelly I delete backup files when a lot of them appears and keep just recent. So I have no backup until issue started. Sure I can simply use CAW only for lots placing but I can`t see lots size and there is no precision. I will attach my CAW world files so someone who has spare time would check if it`s world file error or my computer issue. Thanx.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  VentingotnTest.rar (41.93 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 4:23 PM
Ok, I can`t fix my problem, I`ll just put lots via CAW. They won`t stick to roads that well, but I`ll adjust them when I`ll make safe files.
Anyway, if anyone is interested in my world, here are some more screens (I make progress every day). However, GTA V came on PC, so I might be doing something else instead of TS3 CAW...
Ventington will have areas: industrial, farm, garden lots (in my country people own small lots only for growing stuff if one lives in an apartment or needs more space for gardening - your sims will be able to own additional lot for farming), apartments, poor neighborhoods, rich ones and so on. I started working on farm area.

Scholar
#31 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 2:55 PM
I'd be willing to test the world in CAW for you, but before I do, I was just wondering which EPs and SPs you have installed?
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 3:06 PM
Have you checked the specific layers mentioned in the error?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
I'd be willing to test the world in CAW for you, but before I do, I was just wondering which EPs and SPs you have installed?

All EPs and all SPs except Katy`s Treats. I`m a guy for god sake... Sims is girly enough, but Katy`s Treats are too much.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baskerwil
Have you checked the specific layers mentioned in the error?

I found no gliches, roads are fine too. But it is too hard to trace what couses this as there are literally thousands of objects.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by exlibrisas
I found no gliches, roads are fine too. But it is too hard to trace what couses this as there are literally thousands of objects.

Aye, what about lots being made just before the error happened? Just to be sure. But yes, it's a pain to troubleshoot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baskerwil
Aye, what about lots being made just before the error happened? Just to be sure. But yes, it's a pain to troubleshoot.

I deletet those.
Scholar
#37 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 5:28 PM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 27th Apr 2015 at 12:44 PM.
Sorry it took me so long to get around to testing. I had no trouble placing new lots in CAW, however, in-game the lots wouldn't snap to the road edges like they do in EA worlds. The world is so much bigger than it appears in your pictures. I really like what you've done so far. One I thought I had was that the large, currently clear, flat section seemed unnaturally flat. Maybe you could have a couple of slight hills/raised areas dotted about in the flat section on which to build different neighbourhoods? Other than that, you've done a very good job of the world edges so far. You've even given me a few ideas for the edges of my own world too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
Sorry it took me so long to get around to testing. I had no trouble placing new lots in CAW, however, in-game the lots wouldn't snap to the road edges like they do in EA worlds. The world is so much bigger than it appears in your pictures. I really like what you've done so far. One I thought I had was that the large, currently clear, flat section seemed unnaturally flat. Maybe you could have a couple of slight hills/raised areas dotted about in the flat section on which to build different neighbourhoods? Other than that, you've done a very good job of the world edges so far. You've even given me a few ideas for the edges of my own world too.

Oh, thanx sooo much for your effort. I really appreciate it!
I haven`t touched CAW for a few weeks, becouse I destroy Los Santos (GTA V) instead of building Ventington. And for a gamer guy GTA is is like religion.
About flat area, I haven`t touched it yet. There will be some stuff, I`ll see when I start working seriously on it.
I have a lot of plans about my world including stories about each household. I hope I`ll finish it.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 2:26 PM
The farm area looks lovely, I'm curious to see this one develop.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer..

Grandpa Joost 1996 †
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 2nd May 2015 at 4:58 PM
I went back on business. I don`t know if anyone is interested in this world but I`ll try to do my best on it.

Instructor
#41 Old 2nd May 2015 at 6:02 PM
I think it looks beautiful. You're showing tremendous attention to detail. Great work.

I'm scared of what it will do to my computer. But it sure is pretty.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 2nd May 2015 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigerdyhr
I think it looks beautiful. You're showing tremendous attention to detail. Great work.

I'm scared of what it will do to my computer. But it sure is pretty.

I clutter objets to one and my frame rate never drops bellow 45, it ussually works wayy higher. Big performance issue will be lots. I`m sure dedicated graphic card with at least 1 gig of vRAM and quad core processer will handle this without lots. What Sims3 needs is fast HDD. If you have SSD and Sims installed on it - you are lucky. Of course, don`t play my world on cheap laptop...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 7th May 2015 at 4:27 PM
Hounted woods.

Is there any way to put glowy eyes or specters or ghostly figures? Game effects don`t seem to work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 10th May 2015 at 3:16 PM
So many objects and lots, but I don`t care - I`ll try to finish my world.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#45 Old 10th May 2015 at 4:31 PM
No, not connected lines is not just a visual thing. If they "disappear" it's usually because the terrain is steeper than the routing can show and they may be connected under it. In CAW, go to View, Layers and uncheck Terrain. You'll be able to see around the terrain to make sure all points are connected. If you have any lines or dots that do not connect to something, then it will cause routing problems.

This is what I mean by disappearing - it may or may not actually connect:

Turn off terrain and you can see they do all connect:

This is an example of bad routing: (it's the edges of my world - I painted some sections non camera-routable already but have not finished doing the routing yet) Having unconnected dots and lines is very bad.

As for your saving error, I've had that previously because I named layers in a way that CAW does not like (special characters or / or stuff like that).

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:33 PM
I am very demotivated, depressed and I probably not going to finish this. I might come back to it later, but my world is gonna be buggy, ugly, tastless waste of CAW anyway. And I lost interest in sims and everyone will be playing Sims 4 soon anyway.
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 13th May 2015 at 7:21 PM
3 days ago, you were determined to finihs it...

Your world looks beautiful, and I have never seen so detailed world. TS3 has a tendency to make you frustrated, especially because of routing. Don't give up because of that, OK?
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 13th May 2015 at 7:44 PM
As long as people are making new Worlds with CAW, there is a huge non-TS4 audience for them. I have no interest in TS4, because of the lack of the open World, so I think it's a huge loss and pity if you stop your work, because you think no one will play it.
Instructor
#49 Old 14th May 2015 at 7:48 AM
Yeah, I understand that, even as a normal Simmer + modder, sometimes you just get lost and then say "I AM GOING TO STOP!" at once abruptly, sometimes the fun seem to go away all at a sudden.

But still I want to encourage you! This project looks fab!
Instructor
#50 Old 20th May 2015 at 10:28 AM
Look, I might not be getting your world (because I've got strict preferences regarding the very few worlds I download - only 2 so far), but it looks wonderful and I can assure you many of us don't have the least interest in Sims 4. For me, the lack of CAS etc. is a dealbreaker and I don't see why I should go do that, when there's clearly still years of entertainment to be had from no. 3. So I get, that you've hit a rough patch, but keep it up
Page 2 of 5