Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 7:56 PM
@SuicidiaParasidia the mantis is so cute! And it's refreshing to see someone who is this at ease with bugs and spiders. They are just as cute as pets if we only give them the chance to be so.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#77 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
@SuicidiaParasidia the mantis is so cute! And it's refreshing to see someone who is this at ease with bugs and spiders. They are just as cute as pets if we only give them the chance to be so.

IMO baby mantises are the most adorable baby insect out there. They're just so tiny and delicate and funny looking. I was introduced to mantises when I was a kid, one of my older brothers used to keep them. Sometimes the big ones would freak me out if they climbed up my hair or something, but I could always feel better knowing they don't bite. Also, they're funny to watch eating a cricket skewered on a sewing needle, like a cob of corn. :D
But generally speaking, I hate most spiders. I've had too many bad experiences with them*, much the same with dogs. But my exceptions are black widows and jumping spiders.... black widows because I can relate to their hermit, leave-me-alone-don't-touch-me lifestyle (And they're not aggressive unless you deliberately screw with them, so it's easy to admire them without getting hurt), and jumping spiders because they are funny. Both in the way that they hop around and the shapes of their bodies, I just can't take them seriously, so they get a free pass on the shoe/spray treatment.
Oh, and of course, they both eat other spiders. Win/win.
And I mean, like, seriously. Who can watch this and not laugh?

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Instructor
#78 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 9:10 PM
Oh, I didn't know that spiders who deliberately bite you out of nowhere even existed. Spiders where I live are innocuous and as you said for black widows, they don't bite you unless you really ask for it!

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Scholar
#79 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 10:05 PM
*screeches* Bitey spiders!?
I don't think I could deal with that. I generally freakout when I see the average garden spider. Yeah I'm a wuss, but its ok. Sometimes I like to live dangerously, without insects and stuff
Mad Poster
#80 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 12:54 PM
I got a photo of dorayaki (a pancake filled with red beans paste) with Doraemon. The "Enjoy Doraemon's Yummy Buns" made me giggle.

The other is a shot at the tourist trap with a bit of everything and the ducks were landing in the ponds.
Screenshots

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Alchemist
#81 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 4:11 AM
Oh, I didn't know that spiders who deliberately bite you out of nowhere even existed. Spiders where I live are innocuous and as you said for black widows, they don't bite you unless you really ask for it!

I'm not certain it was "out of nowhere". That is, it makes more sense to waste little energy taking the occasional sip from a napping meat sack than it does to go out and spend time hunting bugs that may or may not fall into your web. I think I was just a convenient source of food for them, unfortunately for me. I've since then moved to a place with MUCH better insulation and far fewer cracks (And no attic or basement), and zero spider bites to show for it.

Top Secret Researcher
#82 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 10:07 PM
Default South Island, New Zealand
Pictures taken by me on a recent trip:
Lake Wakatipu

Lord of the Rings country - Mavora lakes

Reefton

A weka

Scholar
#83 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 12:48 AM
Some photos I really like of some views from some places;

And some cat pictures, because at least 85% of the pictures I take are cat pictures;

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Theorist
#84 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crowkeeper

Wow, where is that? It's stunning.
Instructor
#85 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
I uploaded some photos I took to the Deep Dream Generator -

I don't want this to come across the wrong way but I think your post will give me nightmares forever

Mad Poster
#86 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 6:59 PM
I didn't think these were too bad - I had some that were much worse such that I wouldn't post them. But I'll spoiler these.
Actually on second thought, I'll just delete them.
Alchemist
#87 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 6:16 AM

I visited the California Academy of Sciences earlier today. It was all kinds of awesome.

Top Secret Researcher
#88 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 6:09 PM
@VerDeTerre, These are the photos I were telling you about

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Mad Poster
#89 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 6:29 PM
Those are beautiful, coolsim22! Thanks so much for sharing them. I want to go there, now! The first few reminded me a little of the place where Doc Martin is filmed. The train one is especially awe-inspiring.
Top Secret Researcher
#90 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Those are beautiful, coolsim22! Thanks so much for sharing them. I want to go there, now! The first few reminded me a little of the place where Doc Martin is filmed. The train one is especially awe-inspiring.

Thankyou, I have a few more but I didn't want to make a massive post, might share them sometime in the future though

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Mad Poster
#91 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 3:06 PM

Outside my window...I love fall; Sacramento has lots of trees, but not dramatic fall color.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#92 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 1:42 PM
I took a shit ton of pics in Disney last week so I'm only posting a few:

I had the best time everrrrr! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

#93 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 1:50 PM
Is that the Disneyland in Paris?
Instructor
#94 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
Is that the Disneyland in Paris?

Yup

#95 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 4:33 PM
Yup

It's beautiful. :lovestruc

And sorry. Your good memories are kinda spoiled by some horrific events.
Instructor
#96 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
It's beautiful. :lovestruc

And sorry. Your good memories are kinda spoiled by some horrific events.

Thank God those pics are from a week earlier... But yes, there's some bittersweet taste in them.
I read that the park is going to be closed until Tuesday for national mourning.

Page 4 of 4