Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 5:40 PM
Default Creating Wallpaper with coven-need help please
Hi
I have spent all afternoon trying to figure out how to make new wallpaper image but keeping the maxis coven (think that's the name, its the bit that goes around the top usually coloured white), plus keeping the kicker at the bottom. If I try to place the wallpaper image onto the wall image it looks badly stretched, even in Sims4Studio. If I try pattern overlay it just covers the whole wall image. Does anyone know the best way to achieve wallpaper with the wood at bottom and top? Any and all replies much appreciated as I am still trying to learn to use Adobe Photoshop and although I have tried to google for the answer I really don't have much of an idea what to even put in the search box
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 6:09 PM
You don't mention which wallpaper this is, but for the “Basic” walls (with white top/bottom bits) I posted PDS/PNG files in Resources: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=541705

The PDN has mask layers for the actual wallpaper part, maybe that helps you .. paste your picture in a new layer, select the empty part of the mask layer with the “magic wand” selection tool, and cut out the selected parts from your wallpaper layer.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
You don't mention which wallpaper this is, but for the “Basic” walls (with white top/bottom bits) I posted PDS/PNG files in Resources: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=541705

The PDN has mask layers for the actual wallpaper part, maybe that helps you .. paste your picture in a new layer, select the empty part of the mask layer with the “magic wand” selection tool, and cut out the selected parts from your wallpaper layer.

Hi Plasticbox. Thanks for the help. I finally found a way of doing it, don't know if its the best way or not but I found that if I use marquee tool and then bucket fill that I get the proper result but I will try your way too.