Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 7:11 PM Last edited by Letcupcake : 3rd Feb 2016 at 4:04 PM. Reason: Rules fixed :P
The Princess Challenge (Sims 3 Version)
The Princess Challenge

This is an ADAPTATION for the sims 3! Original sims 4 version here (By Aislynne)

Goals
The goal of this challenge is to make the prince fall in love with you and to become a princess. Will you be a conniving schemer or a kind-hearted do-gooder? The choice is yours and you can win either way. Your decisions will have an impact on your reputation, your traits and your future, however, so choose carefully!

Setting up
-Create six candidates in CAS and move them in. They need to be young adults. Pick their traits randomly (Randomize Everyone's traits). One of the princess will be "you" meaning, you control them and their actions.
-You may build the castle yourself or use a premade one. Also make sure that there are enough skilling objects for everybody: a couple of easels, different instruments, chess tables, skill books and so on. You need to use a money cheat to be able to afford everything. You may also freely use money during the challenge. It’s recommended not to have other fun-building items than skilling objects and skill books on the lot, because the princess candidates would then probably use them too often. (I recomend to put just one TV or none if you wish)
-Create the royal family in CAS: the king, the queen and the prince, who is their only child. You may choose their looks and traits or randomize them. Put them in another lot (They aren't playable). You won’t be visiting them during the challenge.
-Set lifespan to long.
-In the beginning, take your sim to visit the royal family and introduce yourself to them and control the others (but don’t try to become friends with them etc.). That way you’ll know them and be able to invite them to your parties.

Rules and instructions
-The challenge lasts three weeks. You need to consult the schedule at six a.m. every day to know what happens that day.
-You may not check how much skill level a candidade has, unless the daily challenge says so.
-You cannot control the other candidates unless it says so in the daily schedule or the random events. Exception: You may occasionally make them clean or repair objects, but you also have to take part in those activities yourself.
-When you’re required to roll a random event, use random.org or roll dice. If it’s an event you’ve already rolled during the challenge, roll again until you get one that you haven’t had already.
-You may not call the prince, the queen or the king, chat with them or to invite them over unless it says so in the daily schedule or the random events. You are also not allowed to interact with anybody else in the world except your own household.
-Cheats and mods that give you an advantage over a person who doesn't use them are not recommended.
-One random event cannot be done twice
-You can't hire a maid, but you can have a Bonehilda (If supernatural)
-Free will always at maximum (unless you find too hard to make the princess do something in the daily schedule, then you may turn it off for the moment).

The number of points you have at the end of the challenge will determine your sim’s fate and whether you’ve completed the challenge successfully. You will gain and lose points during the challenge. You should keep track of your points manually on a piece of paper. Just remember that the number of points at the end of the challenge determines whether you've been successful!

Schemer / Kind-Hearted points
These are the other points you will get during the challenge. Every time you get one, keep count of how many you’ve already got. You can have both Schemer and Kind-Hearted points at the same time.

Tips
-All skills are useful, but the following are the ones you’ll especially need to be successful in the challenge: Cooking, Gardening, Charisma, Musical (Any instrument), Painting, Logic, Mixology.
-It's a good idea to buy expensive furniture. The most expensive bed is helpful, for example, because you won't need to sleep that long every night.

Observation
You know when someone has won in chess when a sim clap. If a sim clap, the other one is victorious.

You can stop reading now if you want and go start the challenge (Challenge will be harder). Just remember to check the daily schedule (below) every day at 6 a.m! You can also keep reading if you wish (Challenge will be easier). I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have!

THE DAILY SCHEDULE

The challenge is over! See the section THE RESULTS AND THE DESTINIES below.

RANDOM EVENTS
When the daily schedule asks you to roll a random event, use random.org or roll dice. You need numbers 1 to 14. If it’s an event you’ve already rolled during the challenge, roll again until you get one that you haven’t had already.

THE RESULTS AND THE DESTINIES

When the challenge is over, check how many points you have as well as how many Schemer and Kind-Hearted points you have. Then find your corresponding destiny below.

Hoped you liked this challenge and please don't forget to check the original one!
Kisses,
LetCupcake

Play my sims 3 version of The Princess Challenge

Currently playing The Dynasty Challenge
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Letcupcake : 3rd Feb 2016 at 4:04 PM.
Change Log:
V.1.2 - Pontuation and Results Fixed
V.1.3 - Added Bonehilda
V.1.4 - Fixed Traits
V.2.0 - Two New Random Events
V.2.1 - Added Observation
V.2.2 - Fixed Typos
V.2.3 - Added Rule
V.2.5 - Rules Fixed

Test Subject
#3 Old 26th May 2015 at 11:15 PM
Ooooooh!! This seems very interesting, and well written! Thank you for adapting it for Sims 3, I don't have Sims 4 yet so this is quite welcome. I have a few questions before I properly start my game:

1. The Sims 4 game adds their aspiration points to the final score which is why completing whims is encouraged. Does this adaptation add Lifetime Happiness points to the overall score? I don't know how fast Sims 4 sims gain aspiration points but Lifetime Happiness points rack up pretty fast if you complete wishes which will make hitting >4000 points pretty easy. Maybe you could make it a rule to be like every 1000 LTH points = 100 game points or even just 10 game points or something. Alternatively, you could rule out adding LTH points to the game score at all. In this case, would Lifetime Rewards be legal? (The original Sims 4 challenge allows it but advises the player to be wise when buying rewards as only unspent aspiration points count towards the end.)

2. The meal/plant qualities don't have the exact same name in Sims 3 and Sims 4. When you say "better than ok", do you mean "better than normal" or "better than nice"?

3. The garden opportunity requires the plants to be of better quality than "ok". I don't know how it works in Sims 4 but in Sims 3, plants stay the same quality until they die or go barren, but they sometimes yield a harvest of higher quality than its parent plant. Do we have to keep the same plant throughout the entire garden challenge or are we allowed to replace it with the same plant of higher quality once it yield as higher quality harvest? (For example: Your sim plants a nice quality lettuce. One of the harvested lettuce is of very nice quality. Do you have to keep the original nice lettuce or are you allowed to dispose of it and plant your very nice lettuce in its place?)

4. Cheerful isn't a Sims 3 trait. Maybe we could replace with with something similar like Friendly.

5. Are we allowed only one Bonehilda? Or are we allowed many?

6. From the lets plays I've seen of Sims 4, invited sims will come over no matter what their relationship status with the sim who invited them is. In Sims 3, invited sims who don't have a green bar in their relationship tend to not want to come over when invited. In addition, they take a small hit in relationship status with the sim that invite them over if they reject. On the first day, when we bring our girls to meet with the prince and his parents, we aren't allowed to make friends with any of them. What if they refuse to come over when we invite them over for a party or for special visits? Can we use a mod to force them to come over? The relationship hit (if rejected) is kind of unfair for the sim that invites the prince/queen/king over. How do we get around this?

7. Are sims allowed to build skills before the day requires them to? Like for example: For Day 5, all princesses have to practise their Charisma. Are we allowed to direct our main sim to build their Charisma skill before Day 5 to have a better chance of reaching higher skill points?

8. We aren't allowed to control the other princesses for most of the challenge but are we allowed to access their inventory to get out an object they've placed in there? Like, instruments and books and stuff.

9. What mods are allowed in this game? I have quite a few from Nraas but they're mostly to help make my game run smoother (Error Trap & Overwatch), make my town come alive (Story Progression & Story Progression - Relationships), and Master Controller. I know Master Controller is very cheaty but I installed it for my regular games to view NPC ages and traits or to edit them out of the hideous randomised clothing and hair. Sometimes I use to force NPCs to go to lots for story telling purposes. I never use it to give my playable sims a better shot at life because I find doing things the hard way much more fulfilling. I hate removing mods because I'm quite clueless when it comes to mod instalment and removal safety (don't want it to hurt my game or computer). Although for this challenge, I might have to turn off Story Progression. We don't want the prince to move out of his parents' place or the king and queen to get divorced or the prince to start dating some random townie commoner peasant now do we?

Sorry about the amount of questions, this challenge just seems very interesting and I would like to make sure I have all the kinks worked out before I go ahead and play it. I also forgot to save my castle the last time I made a medieval game and now I have to make it from scratch
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daliabean
Ooooooh!! This seems very interesting, and well written! Thank you for adapting it for Sims 3, I don't have Sims 4 yet so this is quite welcome. I have a few questions before I properly start my game:

1. The Sims 4 game adds their aspiration points to the final score which is why completing whims is encouraged. Does this adaptation add Lifetime Happiness points to the overall score? I don't know how fast Sims 4 sims gain aspiration points but Lifetime Happiness points rack up pretty fast if you complete wishes which will make hitting >4000 points pretty easy. Maybe you could make it a rule to be like every 1000 LTH points = 100 game points or even just 10 game points or something. Alternatively, you could rule out adding LTH points to the game score at all. In this case, would Lifetime Rewards be legal? (The original Sims 4 challenge allows it but advises the player to be wise when buying rewards as only unspent aspiration points count towards the end.)

2. The meal/plant qualities don't have the exact same name in Sims 3 and Sims 4. When you say "better than ok", do you mean "better than normal" or "better than nice"?

3. The garden opportunity requires the plants to be of better quality than "ok". I don't know how it works in Sims 4 but in Sims 3, plants stay the same quality until they die or go barren, but they sometimes yield a harvest of higher quality than its parent plant. Do we have to keep the same plant throughout the entire garden challenge or are we allowed to replace it with the same plant of higher quality once it yield as higher quality harvest? (For example: Your sim plants a nice quality lettuce. One of the harvested lettuce is of very nice quality. Do you have to keep the original nice lettuce or are you allowed to dispose of it and plant your very nice lettuce in its place?)

4. Cheerful isn't a Sims 3 trait. Maybe we could replace with with something similar like Friendly.

5. Are we allowed only one Bonehilda? Or are we allowed many?

6. From the lets plays I've seen of Sims 4, invited sims will come over no matter what their relationship status with the sim who invited them is. In Sims 3, invited sims who don't have a green bar in their relationship tend to not want to come over when invited. In addition, they take a small hit in relationship status with the sim that invite them over if they reject. On the first day, when we bring our girls to meet with the prince and his parents, we aren't allowed to make friends with any of them. What if they refuse to come over when we invite them over for a party or for special visits? Can we use a mod to force them to come over? The relationship hit (if rejected) is kind of unfair for the sim that invites the prince/queen/king over. How do we get around this?

7. Are sims allowed to build skills before the day requires them to? Like for example: For Day 5, all princesses have to practise their Charisma. Are we allowed to direct our main sim to build their Charisma skill before Day 5 to have a better chance of reaching higher skill points?

8. We aren't allowed to control the other princesses for most of the challenge but are we allowed to access their inventory to get out an object they've placed in there? Like, instruments and books and stuff.

9. What mods are allowed in this game? I have quite a few from Nraas but they're mostly to help make my game run smoother (Error Trap & Overwatch), make my town come alive (Story Progression & Story Progression - Relationships), and Master Controller. I know Master Controller is very cheaty but I installed it for my regular games to view NPC ages and traits or to edit them out of the hideous randomised clothing and hair. Sometimes I use to force NPCs to go to lots for story telling purposes. I never use it to give my playable sims a better shot at life because I find doing things the hard way much more fulfilling. I hate removing mods because I'm quite clueless when it comes to mod instalment and removal safety (don't want it to hurt my game or computer). Although for this challenge, I might have to turn off Story Progression. We don't want the prince to move out of his parents' place or the king and queen to get divorced or the prince to start dating some random townie commoner peasant now do we?

Sorry about the amount of questions, this challenge just seems very interesting and I would like to make sure I have all the kinks worked out before I go ahead and play it. I also forgot to save my castle the last time I made a medieval game and now I have to make it from scratch

1- Ok, Idk a mod that changes lifetime points so If you know one, post it here so I can add it.
2- Better than nice, sorry.
3- If you fertilize the plant its quality goes up
4- thanks
5- How many you want
6- You can use cheats to increase the relationship invite them and then put it back
7- You can control your sim to do anything, just not the other contestants. And you can practice before.
8- Sure. I know books get stuck there
9- I advise to change the town progress off (both mod and game). Mods -> anything that doesn't involve building skills faster

Really sorry for the long time to answer but I have school and stuff
So ya! thanks...

Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 10:54 PM
Meanie, now I wanna play this! (Sarcasm of course) I might have too much fun, you're evil!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kittenhugger
Meanie, now I wanna play this! (Sarcasm of course) I might have too much fun, you're evil!

wait what?
I'm confused. You liked it or not?

Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Letcupcake
wait what?
I'm confused. You liked it or not?

I was being sarcastic, I just started today and I'm ADDICTED. When we went over to the prince's house/castle one of the contestants went straight to their hot tub and started skinny dipping, and that was a laugh. Someone else was loop trolling on the forums nonstop, and that was funny but more in the annoying side
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kittenhugger
I was being sarcastic, I just started today and I'm ADDICTED. When we went over to the prince's house/castle one of the contestants went straight to their hot tub and started skinny dipping, and that was a laugh. Someone else was loop trolling on the forums nonstop, and that was funny but more in the annoying side

lol
Glad you liked it!

#9 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 3:00 AM
1- Ok, Idk a mod that changes lifetime points so If you know one, post it here so I can add it.
2- Better than nice, sorry.
3- If you fertilize the plant its quality goes up
4- thanks
5- How many you want
6- You can use cheats to increase the relationship invite them and then put it back
7- You can control your sim to do anything, just not the other contestants. And you can practice before.
8- Sure. I know books get stuck there
9- I advise to change the town progress off (both mod and game). Mods -> anything that doesn't involve building skills faster

Really sorry for the long time to answer but I have school and stuff
So ya! thanks...

An addon to the nrass mastercontroller mod (master controller cheats) lets you add or subtract any lifetime happiness. I belive you click intermediate and then click lifetime happiness.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 5:05 PM
This looks so awesome! I just downloaded a nice castle, so I can start trying this
One question, though - should the Royal family live in a castle as well? So, would we need two castles in our world?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MariTom
This looks so awesome! I just downloaded a nice castle, so I can start trying this
One question, though - should the Royal family live in a castle as well? So, would we need two castles in our world?

The royal family should not live in the princess castle. You can have them move to a nice a castle or any general house, it doesn't matter

Field Researcher
#12 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 4:57 PM Last edited by MariTom : 30th Jun 2015 at 7:14 PM.
The royal family should not live in the princess castle. You can have them move to a nice a castle or any general house, it doesn't matter

No, I understood that, but I was wondering if they needed to live in a specific kind of lot. Thank you for your answer!
I've got one more question: I'm just about to start day 6. My Sim reached level 3 of Charisma the day before, but it says level 2 or lower or level 4 and up. What about level three? Do I just get nothing?

Edit: Another question: how exactly do we know what Sim won/lost the chess contests? They all just seem to quit after a while, without anyone losing or winning.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 7:33 PM
No, I understood that, but I was wondering if they needed to live in a specific kind of lot. Thank you for your answer!
I've got one more question: I'm just about to start day 6. My Sim reached level 3 of Charisma the day before, but it says level 2 or lower or level 4 and up. What about level three? Do I just get nothing?

Edit: Another question: how exactly do we know what Sim won/lost the chess contests? They all just seem to quit after a while, without anyone losing or winning.

Level 3 doesn't get nothing really xP

When you put 2 sims to play togheter you need to watch very closely. You know a sim has won when the other claps.
Sorry, I'll put an observation

Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 8:17 PM
Level 3 doesn't get nothing really xP

When you put 2 sims to play togheter you need to watch very closely. You know a sim has won when the other claps.
Sorry, I'll put an observation

That's okay! Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 5:12 PM
That's okay! Thank you

Anytime

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 3:48 PM
I'm trying this when I get the Sims 3!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Astha123
I'm trying this when I get the Sims 3!

Yayyy!
Good Luck!

Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 7:59 PM
Last week of the challenge, Day 1 week 3 rn, it's gone by so quick! I might redo it and do pictures and stuff :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BubblesSims
Last week of the challenge, Day 1 week 3 rn, it's gone by so quick! I might redo it and do pictures and stuff :D

Did you win? :D
I know. This challenge is really small :c

Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 9:44 AM
I think I'll try this!
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 10:40 PM
Hey every body i just finished this challenge it is so awesome
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlove4ever
Hey every body i just finished this challenge it is so awesome

How many points did you get? :D

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scooter Dracon
I think I'll try this!

:D
Good Luck!!!!

Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 7:05 PM
Gonna do this one and then if my princess wins going to do the stolen princess challenge with the same people as well, hoping to put up some screenshots once I make all my candidates
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetsgirl
Gonna do this one and then if my princess wins going to do the stolen princess challenge with the same people as well, hoping to put up some screenshots once I make all my candidates

Awesome!

I'd love to see the pictures!

Page 1 of 2