Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Where's the first place you'd look to download Sims 4 rooms?
Lots & Housing section
1055 43.01%
Build section
588 23.97%
Somewhere else - comment below!
99 4.04%
I'm not interested in sims 4 rooms, I just wanted to answer a poll
711 28.98%
Voters: 2453. You may not vote on this poll

Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 7:17 PM
Default Sims 4 Download Poll
We've had a few custom rooms for Sims 4 uploaded, so we want to know: Which part of the Downloads section do you think they should be in?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 8:29 PM
I don't entirely get the point of rooms. Shouldn't they just be uploaded to the Gallery? I can imagine Lots being on here, just for the vastly superior documentation and the ability to link to CC et cetera, but since rooms are here, I'm indecisive.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 9:39 PM
I think they should be put under lots in a sub section.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 10:29 PM
In my opinion "Build" is for all the parts that I can use to build with, and "Lots & Housing" is for finished projects, so I´d look in the Lots & Housing section first.
Site Helper
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 10:34 PM
I don't play Sims 4 so my opinion is probably meaningless, but it seems to me that rooms could be considered as subsections of the lot that they are on. It would make sense to me to look for uploaded individual rooms in a subsection of Lots and Housing.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 12:15 AM
Lots & housing, because rooms are important and finished parts of houses and other buildings. Build mode is for the unfinished phase before completing rooms and houses: floor, roof and wall paintings, flowers, trees and other plants et cetera. Thus, smaller and specified items, comparable with CAS items and stuff from buy modes.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 12:58 AM
I don't understand the question.

I want to be able to find Sims 2 content, Sims 3 content, and inner peace over the disappointment and grief of Sims 4 and the bleak future for simming. :-(
Theorist
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 1:08 AM
I think it should be it's own sub-category under Lots & Housing > Rooms
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 1:33 AM
I'd look in Build, as it's part of a build ...
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 1:42 AM
I think it should be it's own sub-category under Lots & Housing > Rooms
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 2:10 AM
In my opinion, the most logical place to put a room, which in itself is a completed project, would be Lots & Housing. Build, as mentioned before, is for items to build with...floors, walls, etc, whereas Lots & Housing is more for a completed project. It's own sub-category is a good idea, to make it even easier to find the individual rooms.
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 2:32 AM
Build, because they're in Build/Buy in the game. They're NOT completed projects, just prefabricated parts of one - it takes several rooms to make a Lot, so a sub-category in Build is the right place. Go with EA's placement. They're the equivalent of the pre-made styles in CAS.
Instructor
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 2:43 AM
I would agree with putting custom rooms in Build Mode. They're not a whole house so it doesn't fit in Lots/Housing

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 6:11 AM
clothing, hair, not alot in buy but i do download from there.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 9:02 AM
A room is NOT a lot and is useless without a lot to put it on; rooms are in build mode in the game - so in the Build section of downloads makes more sense to me.
dodgy builder
#16 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 10:34 AM
A house has several rooms in it, and the end result can still be good or bad if two persons made a house from the same rooms. It's not a finished product, it can't stand on it's own. I agree it belongs in build section.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#17 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 11:24 AM
If the installation procedure for rooms is the same as for lots (I think this is so, but not sure -- a bunch of files to put in /Tray, rather than a package that goes in /Mods), I believe it might be better to have them in Lots rather than Build Mode. Otherwise, it could be very confusing for downloaders when there are two completely different sorts of files for things that are in the same section.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
dodgy builder
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
If the installation procedure for rooms is the same as for lots (I think this is so, but not sure -- a bunch of files to put in /Tray, rather than a package that goes in /Mods), I believe it might be better to have them in Lots rather than Build Mode. Otherwise, it could be very confusing for downloaders when there are two completely different sorts of files for things that are in the same section.

That is a good point. It can be quite confusing and a lot to explain sometimes. Downloaders are easily confused, but then I get confused quite easily as well

it's easier for you to put up instructions as well probably, if it's organized like that.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 3:02 PM
I mostly download house lots and Sims CC.. I am still learning how to build so having other lots download by other players really peaks me cause how it was built and how it looks..
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 6:08 PM
I voted "somewhere else", because I'd actually look for them in a sub section of lots and houses. Build mode is a DIY shop (in my opinion), and that's why I love it. I go there for timber and materials, that sort of thing. Lots and houses are like an estate agent's... you leave with the keys ready to move in. Rooms would be a nuisance there. So I think they definitely belong to their own sub section (I'd hire an architect if I wanted to add a new room to my house - not a DIY shop or an estate agent).
Scholar
#21 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 6:30 PM
Lots and housing. Or maybe create a sub section.
Test Subject
#22 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 6:38 PM
Just purchased The Sims 4 this month. Had time to build on one lot recently. So far until they give us bigger lots to build on and make it easier to maneuver the camera better. I don't see much of a chance I would be downloading a lot or room for a lot soon from the site.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 8:49 PM
I agree with the points made by TMBrandon and plasticbox. That said, I don't often download rooms.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 1:38 AM
I didn't buy The Sims 4. I invested alot of money with The Sims 3 and can't afford The Sims 4.
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 6:17 AM
I'd personally put them in a subsection of build but a subsection of lots would also work. I'm more inclined to either build the room from scratch myself or download an entire house/lot.
Page 1 of 4