Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:48 PM
For me, I need simple explanations to get things working too. I'm on windows 8.1 and use Peazip with no problem opening RAR, zip or the .7z files. I just double click each download and drag the files into my chosen folder. Haven't extracted files since Sims1 and find it more steps to do so.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 3:08 PM
Duine, Can u list it in steps how u exactly drag the files to what folder? im sorry but im so confused im ready to just give up.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 4:00 PM
There is a step by step guide that I posted in post #25 but I will quote it here.

You can either read how to do it or you can watch how to do it on youtube.

Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Downloading for Fracking Idiots http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Fracking_Idiots

If you want to watch it then here but its slow to get to the goodies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEWtsYrPmvo

As for Duine way instead of hitting the extract button you can click on the package itself and hold down the left mouse button and drag it where you want it.

I always extract it and then cut and pace where I want it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 4:42 PM
I have watched it on you tube and i also read the downloading for fracking idiots and im still confused. i guess i just will have to play the game the way it is. in the past when i would click on a file i wanted to download, it would pop up and i would click open and it would go right into my game but i forget how to do that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 5:50 PM
I think i figured it out. this is what i did and the clothes i downloaded are in the game.

Click download
open
extract to sims 2 downloads
open sims 2 downloads
open Downloads
Drag and Drop from sims 2 downloads to Downloads

So will try out some more but so far so good.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dharden
WinRAR isn't expireware. If you use it past the trial period, it'll remind you that you really ought to pay for it, but it will still work.

Not if you only right click it.

Quote: Originally posted by Sandy40
I ended up downloading WinRAR instead and tried to follow the instructions but im still confused

I have sims 2 Downloads folder on desktop

When i click on an item I want to download, it downloads in left corner of my screen then i clicked open and extract to sims 2 downloads folder. when i go into the sims 2 download folder the item is there but the icon next to it is a little white paper so didnt think that was right because i seem to remember next to the listed item it should have the rar icon i think. I went in game to check and see and sure enough no CC which btw, where do i click to Enable CC?

If someone can PLEASE walk me through in steps ( i need it simple) i would appreciate it. I know im close to having this right but im doing something wrong.

I didn't say make a download folder on your desktop, but if you like to call it that, that is fine. I said make a folder for the download, for example if I go over to the Sims 2 download area and grab something, let's say those Star Earrings by 4w25, I might make a folder called StarEarrings_4w25_MTS I drag the rar into that folder and extract it. Also I didn't say click it open, I said right click and do 'extract here'. This is just my preference to do this on my desktop. Then I drag a picture into the folder and move the rar and place that folder into my Download folder.

Inside my Download folder looks like this:

Inside my Hair folder looks like this
yes I am addicted to hair
Inside one hair download

I'm certainly not perfectly organized, and I keep way too many hair shades but it's a work in progress. My files look like that due to simPE.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 1:09 AM
All i know is how im doing it now is working. ive checked several times and what ive downloaded so far is in my game. Thanks for all the help everyone
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 2:47 AM
Good. Just make sure to keep it organized. It will save you grief when you get a bad piece of cc, and if you download much at all at some point you will, even if it's just a badly made hair that you want to get rid of.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2