Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 5:37 PM
Default Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black clones)
After thinking a lot about "simify her" or not, I've decided to create Tatiana Maslany and the main Orphan Black clones in TS3.

And after a lot of tweaking, opening the game several times, etc etc this was the result, and that feel of "something still need to be tweaked but I don't know what" has come...

And, looking to the opacity comparison pic, it seems that Maslany has a asymmetric jaw...

Screenshots

I'm bad at finding CC on my own
My simblr
I'm shy and so I might take longer to reply you '-'
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 12:05 AM
Good start! I'd suggest bringing the bottom eyelids up closer to the iris to make a more smooth curve (the model's eyes look more horizontal than the sim's); make the nostrils wider; maybe raise the nose up / shorten it just a tiny bit; raise the mouth up a little. The upper lip needs a little more V in the center. It's hard to tell because of the lipstick/skin you are using but the bottom lip looks a bit too square. From the side, bring the eyes forward and/or decrease the nasal bridge indent, pull the under lip depth back more, and pull the chin forward a little.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2015 at 7:26 AM
Hi Simmy, thank you for your help
I've made the changes you suggested (as soften the lower lip and make a V in the upper lip, and enlarging the nostrils and raising up them), now it seems that I'm getting closer to Maslany's face

The only thing that seems untouched is the chin, I moved it forward and it got a weird look, then I've changed the chin scale and it seems the same it was before...

Screenshots

My simblr
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd May 2015 at 6:35 PM
Very nice! If possible, make the nose above the nostrils a bit wider to make the nose more triangular in shape when viewed from the front. If you can lower the ears on the sim a little, it would help. I think the upper eyelid is a bit too "droopy" also. Getting closer - good job!
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd May 2015 at 5:54 AM
It's not that I don't want to give you feedback, but Simmy's beating me to it, and I agree completely

Great project
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 3rd May 2015 at 9:30 AM

I highligted both faces and fixed some contours on your sim. Face proportions are a perfect match, however, some parts still need tweaking.

You have probably already tried to make her as close as possible, and I know that game is limiting, but you could still change this:

- Tweak the eyes a bit. Those are the most important thing that decides if your sim looks like someone or not. Lids should go a bit up and upper lid has a bit different shape.
Also, try to rotate them just a bit down. Outer corners should be rotated up.

- Mouth can be still worked on. Upper lip is nicely done, and I guess that game won't allow you to tweak it more, however, lover lid should be a bit thinner, and corners
should be rotated upwards. Underlip (that little gap beneath the lover lip) should also be placed lower.

- Profile. Profile is done really good. What you should do is pull the face just a bit out. You could tweak the nose further, for a better look.

- You could scale her chin a bit down.

Hope this helps a bit. I'd like to see the final result.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th May 2015 at 4:57 PM
Sorry for not replying, I had a problem with my internet
And Hi @mixa97sr , thank you *so much* for your help!

So, I've tweaked all that I could, as the eyes (rotate them down, then moved up a bit the inner corner), the nose (tried to make the lower bridge bigger than the upper bridge increasing a bit the nose tip scale), the lips and the ears (which ones I just lowered a bit, since it got a weird result with the hair).

And in the profile pics things seems to be the same since I would mess all her front looks if I tweaked some things. And I just couldn't fix the nostril shape (not with the sliders I have), I've tried the "nostril definition" but it looked *very* different from the reference pic.

Screenshots

My simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 5th May 2015 at 5:40 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 5th May 2015 at 6:03 PM.
I like the results, it is close to the final one. Now, there are less things to tweak.

You can still shape the nose by using "nose mass", "nose definition" and "bridge width" sliders. Try with those.

It also seems that the jaw got a bith narrow. She has a square face, not a V shaped one, but she has a V shaped chin. Try widening the jaw, and bringing chin just a bit up. Chin is too big, making face look longer than the original. Scale of the chin is good, but the position is not.

Eyes have a perfect shape now, but stuipd Sims 3 skin makes them look way off.

Also try rotating the brows just a tiny (but tiny) bit down, and if that makes nose bridge too wide, narrow the bridge down.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th May 2015 at 7:28 PM
This time I think I got the right nose :D

Btw, I've tested other skins to see if the eyelid texture would change, but it looked the same, or worse :P

And are the eyebrows better now?

Screenshots

My simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 6th May 2015 at 11:01 PM
She looks much, much better now. If you are using some of the CC skins, you could also use some of the custom sliders or eyeshadow to make the eyes look nice.

Also, nostrills look bigger than before, try changing their definition and scale. They looked better in the first posts.

General TS3 sliders usually change the look that you previously set with detailed sliders. That's why, once you use general sliders, you need to use detail sliders again, to return sim to it's original look.

And this time try to post those blend pictures. Next one might be the final one.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th May 2015 at 4:04 AM
First of all, I love Tatiana and Orphan Black, so I'm thrilled to see someone recreating her!

Looking through your posts, you've made great progress, but something about the nose just looks off. I want to say that it looked more accurate, in proportion and shape, in your original post. I think what's throwing me off is the low-hanging, large columella. Tatiana's real-life nose is very much the opposite. Your nose sculpt in the original post has this part almost perfect. The bridge of her nose looks correct in profile, but the tip needs to be slightly upturned.

Some of my favorite custom sliders are the brow sliders. If you have any installed, I would increase the distance between her brows. If not, I would hunt down another pair of eyebrows. Either way, I would also work on the arch of her brow. Right now they appear too straight.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th May 2015 at 9:00 PM
I've fixed a bit her nose, reduced a bit the nose scale, and tweaked a bit the septum and the nostrils.
And I've found these eyebrows, tweaked them a bit with the eyebrows sliders...

In the profile I've found a nostril depth slider and tried to bring them backwards, and I looked for a underlip slider but I didn't find it :P

Screenshots

My simblr
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th May 2015 at 9:39 PM Last edited by ameenah.n.y : 10th May 2015 at 4:04 PM.
Ah, wonderful, her nose looks so much better! I'm with mixa97sr in that an eyeshadow may improve the look of her lids. Sometimes I use eyeshadow like a concealer - set it to a flesh tone and bump down the opacity so it just eliminates some of the stretched textures/shadows in the area. The base game eyeshadows work well for this. I think a more textured/less glossy lip would suit her better.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:39 PM
I didn't tried the eyeshadow thing yet, but I was trying other custom skins and I thought that this one doesn't have weird eyelids, and found a new lipstick more textured...

Screenshots

My simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:43 PM
This is great progress... nose is almost perfect... I still wonder if you read our instructions right... nose tip should be rotated up, not down.

That custom lipstic is awesome, too.

That custom skin is doing bad job with her face... it has far less shading, much higher eyelids and is darker, wich makes her look even more pudding than original TS3 skin. I prefer the first skin. Try eyeshadow trick, it will somewhat fix that problem.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th May 2015 at 4:42 AM
Hm, did you switch to an Ephemera skin? Or is that by Praline? I can't quite tell. I agree that the previous skin looked a bit better. The original skin you used was by Navetsea, yes?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th May 2015 at 5:32 PM
Yep,the previous skin was by Navetsea, and I've tried one by Praline but it was too shiny, then I've switched to that one by Ephemera.
Now I've switched back to the Navetsea one, and tried the eyeshadow trick, but it got a weird shine in the lids, no matter how dark was the color and the opacity...
And I've rotated the nose tip a just a bit up, it's almost unnoticeable...

Screenshots

My simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 12th May 2015 at 9:19 PM
I can't choose which one, 75% or 50% opacity... 50% has more details and fixes the issue a bit, so you should go with that one. It looks much better.

I noticed something regarding eyes... actress has eyes lowered a bit down... just a tiny bit, so you should lower the eyes on your sim too.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th May 2015 at 5:12 AM
Ok, I just moved her eyes down a bit, it's almost unnoticeable too but now it seems to fit better, huh?

Screenshots

My simblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:55 PM
Since it seems that she's almost finished, I've been trying some hairs on her, since my plans was to make the Orphan Black clones. I know that the hair colors aren't correct, but I was just testing the hairstyles itself...

Screenshots

My simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 15th May 2015 at 7:59 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 15th May 2015 at 8:17 PM.
OMG... when I look at her like that, it really looks like her... except those cheekbones that make her look older. Cheeks are too sunken. Play around with cheeks and cheekbones. Those will make her look perfect. And eyes should be a bit pulled out.

See!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th May 2015 at 9:23 PM Last edited by bellakenobi : 18th May 2015 at 10:35 PM.
Well I confess that I didn't touch the cheeks area before, but sometimes I got that "dunno if I need to change something there". Now I've added a bit more of cheek fullness, touched on the height of cheeks too, and moved the eyes a bit forward.
And I think I found a good hair for Sarah, even that her hair is more curly, this one remembers her hairstyle from the first episode...
(and sorry for only replying now, this weekend was very busy to me )

EDIT: I found this hair for Alison, I thought I should give it a try too

Screenshots

My simblr
Scholar
#23 Old 19th May 2015 at 2:54 PM
I'm so happy to see that someone's making a Tatiana sim! I've really wanted one for a while now but I'm hopeless at face sculpting

That's a great hair for ep 1 Sarah! Good find! She's looking very recognisable in that picture.

And I know that this isn't your focus at the moment, but I do think darkening her hair a bit and fiddling with her eye colour would really help with the instant recognition factor.

As for the Alison hair choices, I prefer the first one. This new one sits very high on the head and makes her skull look longer, if that makes sense? It really changes the perceived face shape. The earlier one sits at a much more natural height.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Inventor
#24 Old 19th May 2015 at 6:56 PM
The instant thing I see is her eye color. It needs to be darker with a tint of green in. Here's a good reference photo: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1744739/i...CK-facebook.jpg The sculpting on the other hand is coming along great!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th May 2015 at 8:54 PM
I have to second the eye color change, and I think that will give her eyes the contrast they need. Her face looks much much better with fuller cheeks. I'm also not digging the hairstyle with bangs - I've never been able to use that style myself because it's simply too big. I like the original banged hairstyle. Otherwise, not too much to say. Not sure what you are using in the blush category, but if you may want to experiment with a nose-defining blush. I think Sk-Sim's nosemask might work well. You'll have to experiment with color and opacity to get it to blend nicely, but I think it's worth a try if you have a free blush slot.
Page 1 of 3