Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:06 PM
This is severely unacceptable!!!!!
WHAT DO YOU NEED MTS?

I am going to get a VIRUS from using your site, everytime I click ANYTHING theres a popup for asian datin, comcast, some crap with indiand IDK!

WHAT DO YOU NEED. DO YOU NEED MONEY. DO YOU NEED AN AIDS VACCINE. LIKE WHAT THE EFF IS THE DEAL. THIS IS SEVERELY UNACCEPTABLE AND WE SHOULD ALL GET AN EMAIL WARNING US WE SHOULD DONATE. CUS GUESS WHAT. NOW IM READY TO THROW LIKE ALL MY MONEY AT YOU I CANT UPDATE ALL MY MODS AGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIX THIS CRAP FIX THIS CRAP FIX THIS CRAP
WHOS WITH ME?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:29 PM
I'm not getting any of those. I'd suggest you install an adblocker as it should stop these.

Additionally, it may be your own computer with an infection which has modified your browser to cause this popups. :-).
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:41 PM Last edited by Stefanina : 15th May 2015 at 4:41 PM. Reason: corrections
I have never gotten any of those things from MTS. I think your computer has already gotten a virus, with a click-jacker. You will need to update your anti-virus AND do a boot-scan as these suckers like to load themselves into memory. A program called Malwarebytes will be your friend, too. It will identify ad-ware and other unwanted programs that do not qualify as viruses.
Theorist
#4 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:47 PM
I think the best thing for you to do is to turn off your computer and never turn it back on again.
#5 Old 15th May 2015 at 5:06 PM
You have adware on your web browser. I've never seen a pop up, much less an ad pop up, on MTS.
Alchemist
#6 Old 15th May 2015 at 5:36 PM
Holy cow, OP. ( wipes eyes - recovers carefully)... You had really better listen to Stefanina!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th May 2015 at 5:49 PM
We have a ban on popup ads with our ad provider. They do sometimes let bad ads slip through - when that happens, it's exceedingly helpful if people can grab the url of the ad (not the url of the page they were on) or a screenshot of the ad, so we can ask the ad provider to remove that ad. However, given the number of popups the OP is seeing, it definitely sounds like they've picked up some adware in this case.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Banned
#8 Old 15th May 2015 at 6:07 PM
I AM NOT WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never got a virus from this site. Must be your computer.
Alchemist
#9 Old 15th May 2015 at 6:51 PM
Everything on this site is fake so you'll think you're on a real and trustworthy forum, but instead the members here are either bots with standard programmed texts they post every now and then and the rest are hackers.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#10 Old 15th May 2015 at 8:02 PM
I had that problem here a few times, but after I installed AdblockPlus on the browsers I use a while ago, I've barely seen any ads. I haven't gotten any viruses from here a far as I know, but the occasional popup ads were more than annoying enough. I didn't want to take any chances, so Adblock stays on all the time. It blocks nearly all ads, particularly popups and flashy ones.

You might also want to check your popup settings in the browser(s) you use. I've got mine set to no popups.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th May 2015 at 9:13 PM
there was something called dragon branch installed on here, i was already mad because everytime this dumb game patches I have to take allll my mods out of my folder and look them all up an see if they need updates and then it was ads and ads ands ads. It is fixed now. I am looking up my mods. Coolthxkbye.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th May 2015 at 9:15 PM
You might also want to get an antivirus/antimalware program.
#13 Old 15th May 2015 at 9:38 PM
Point 1. We are not blind - why post in caps?
POINT 2. IN CASE YOU ARE BLIND
Point 3. Your double standards are amazing! You mention Aids in a childish way but won't say fuck.
Point 4. Are you sure you're not mistaking this site for TSR?
Point 5. I have no clue what you're talking about. Never seen a pop up here.
#14 Old 15th May 2015 at 9:46 PM
I don't think there have been any ads on this site, much less pop-ups.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Field Researcher
#15 Old 15th May 2015 at 10:10 PM
I've been on here since November 2013. I've only had "a run in the background, behind my browser ad pop up" maybe 5 times. I always know it's behind my tabs because everything starts running slower. I think I drive trackers nuts. I am always emptying cookies & history while doing my thing online-lol :-)

Kindnesses from our heart goes much farther than we shall ever know :-)

The best things in life are all the little things
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th May 2015 at 10:37 PM
Never had any problems... soo....

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Inventor
#17 Old 15th May 2015 at 11:08 PM
Ok, listen and listen carefully. You probably have adware/spyware.

Step 1-Calm the fuck down.
Step 2-Get some anit-malware program. There are free ones.
Step 3-Get AdwCleaner. It's free and it'll clear those nasty little popups you got.
Step 4-You probably have hidden chrome extensions (or for whatever browser you're using), so get rid of those. I believe AdwCleaner does it for you, but be sure to double check.
Step 5-Get an ad blocking extension just to be safe, but get the one where the ad thinks it's being displayed so the sites still get money (someone help me out on the name here)
Step 6, purely optional-Donate. It can be a dollar, it can be 30, but any amount helps.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 16th May 2015 at 12:25 AM
I don't use Adblocker on this site because I know Delphy needs the money to help run the site - I only ever see the one ad on the home page.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
#19 Old 16th May 2015 at 12:36 AM
Nysha I'm surprised you didn't move this to Derpy McWTF

Anyway I think the OP has gotten a virus from some other site and it screwed their browser over. I'd suggest getting Opera, it's usually immune to that crap
Alchemist
#20 Old 16th May 2015 at 1:01 AM
For next time: take three deep breaths before you post, just a friendly note
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#21 Old 16th May 2015 at 1:24 AM
I reported something slightly similar once in Site Issues. I was offered Chinese girls and Flashplayer updates constantly. People assumed, too, back then that my browser had been hijacked. But it wasn't. After a while it simply stopped. I still think that it was due to some dodgy ads.
Theorist
#22 Old 16th May 2015 at 2:56 PM
Avast boot time scan
Mad Poster
#23 Old 16th May 2015 at 4:40 PM
I get some weird ads myself, but I'm not sure that it's this site. I think it's somehow Google trying to guess what I want. I was able to find an option once to "choose my ads" and that took care of the type of ads for a while. Now they're back and I think they're aimed at a different demographic than I am because I have no interest in playing games with little busty female cartoon characters who are about to loose their tops or smash & kill games with lots of graphic blood. Some are pretty offensive and others are just stupid.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#24 Old 16th May 2015 at 4:46 PM
I think that's so VerdeTerre - the ads on this site do have some sort of tracking thing like the ones on Amazon. I notice it when I've been browsing or buying games, films or books - the same ones keep popping up in the ads (follow me round the Internet AAMOF). What that says about The Don, IDK.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#25 Old 16th May 2015 at 5:48 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 16th May 2015 at 6:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
(...)What that says about The Don, IDK.

Edit: Link to my Issues thread
Page 1 of 2