Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2015 at 7:11 PM
Default discolored clothes?
I'm converting some clothes for adults to kids, and I got one done, and then on the second one there's a weird discoloration. The vest, jeans, and shoes are all this bright shade of purple. All three of the items are greyish, so that could be it, but I don't know how to fix it.
Screenshots

My life needs editing
My tumblr
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th May 2015 at 8:02 PM
Moved to Bodyshop forum.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2015 at 10:23 PM
You're using The GIMP, right? This is a well-known problem. That program doesn't (by default) save bitmaps in a way that works with Body Shop. The fix can be found here (post #15).

If that doesn't work, you can either open your texture in another program and resave it as a bitmap there, or just use another program for editing altogether.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th May 2015 at 5:43 AM
I use Gimp for doing clothing recolors/making new textures, and the process I use is simple, though rather tedious:
1. Do your work in Gimp until you get to where you need to see it in Bodyshop
2. Open up the file you'll be changing from your Sims 2 projects folder and find the specific image you need
3. Paste in the newly changed image and go to file->overwrite
4. Open that same image in your computer's default paint program and click save
5. Refresh bodyshop

You'll have to do that every time you make changes, whether to the alpha or the texture, but it works