Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th May 2015 at 1:29 AM
Well parrdon me for being sick for a few days and not being able to log on ..and thank you people who have decided that I am just looking to start trouble for YOUR support. Its not needed . As for the rest of you who did give me advice and for mustluvcatz for her advice, I thank you and I will try again until I get it right. I was good and frustrated that day because I DID work hard on the two latest uploads that I submitted and now know I will have to rework them. I will just look through a few tutorials and see what I can do to improve.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 25th May 2015 at 1:32 AM
The thread started less than a day ago. How did you create it if you weren't logged on for a few days?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th May 2015 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
The thread started less than a day ago. How did you create it if you weren't logged on for a few days?

Well doesn't that prove I've been sick if I don't even remember when I started it? You know what...just forget it, I knew I made mistake trying to get something off my chest that was bothering me. Mods, please delete this thread and I'll just leave you all to yourselves.
#29 Old 25th May 2015 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simtastic72
Well doesn't that prove I've been sick if I don't even remember when I started it? You know what...just forget it, I knew I made mistake trying to get something off my chest that was bothering me. Mods, please delete this thread and I'll just leave you all to yourselves.

I think the reason you were 'jumped' over this issue was what came across as entitlement issues - so it peed off a lot of people who worked very hard to get their uploads accepted. All of us have had Changes Required - it's the way you learn to keep raising your personal bar - If those perceived entitlement issues were not your intention, well I for one am sorry for reacting the way I did.

Quitting is taking the easy way out. Personally I'd love to see your work and I know you'd get a lot of support on creators Feedback Forum because that's what it's for. Don't give in. You won't get anywhere by quitting.
Quote: Originally posted by simtastic72
I will just look through a few tutorials and see what I can do to improve.
you don't need them - you need
creator feedback forum No tutorial can better the advice of people who consistently get uploads accepted and in many cases Starred or Featured here on MTS.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 25th May 2015 at 3:44 AM
I had my Lion Twins rejected for having faces too similar to the default CAS faces although I thought they were fine. Seriously though, don't give up creating. Find something you're particularly good at in the Sims' graphics and work on it.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
#31 Old 25th May 2015 at 7:10 AM
Some of you find it pretty easy to justify throwing stones.

I donno. Maybe I've been on the stone end of it too often. People get frustrated. That's just human.
Scholar
#32 Old 25th May 2015 at 7:35 AM

God I love drama and stupidity. Thank you OP.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Mad Poster
#33 Old 25th May 2015 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
Some of you find it pretty easy to justify throwing stones.

I donno. Maybe I've been on the stone end of it too often. People get frustrated. That's just human.
I agree with you... and ridiculing someone when they are being emotional is not helpful. It's mean.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#34 Old 25th May 2015 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I agree with you... and ridiculing someone when they are being emotional is not helpful. It's mean.

I completely agree too, I find it unnecessary.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 25th May 2015 at 10:31 AM Last edited by TheOriginalFive : 25th May 2015 at 2:57 PM.
Default Clarifications...
I used to get all emotional and defensive if my ideas didn't hold up to snuff. I was made fun of for being defensive too. Eventually, I realized that criticism is necessary, even if it comes in the form of your peers laughing at them. They're not laughing at you, the person.

So, I can understand the OP's feelings and I'm not making fun of them. I sincerely hope you don't give up creating, but take criticism in stride.

Edit: Back in my immature stage, I used to snap rudely at anyone giving me advice or ignore it outright; and the way I phrased my "apologies" came out awkwardly like I was trying to manipulate others.

Yes, I did behave much like what hugbug described because I didn't understand how to handle criticism nor realized that one doesn't become hot stuff right away.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Mad Poster
#36 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
Look at what's actually there, not your projections of your own feelings.
I would turn this back to you. Be careful of your assumptions.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 25th May 2015 at 3:21 PM
Uh huh. Is that why you came up with a concrete refutation of my post instead of repeating a platitude with no point or details to back it up?
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: buh-bye then
Page 2 of 2