Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 29th May 2015 at 4:46 AM
So much of what I would like has been said before. Baby, toddler, and child interaction closer to sims 2, as well as the dating interactions and attraction system more like sims 2, open for business type stuff, open restaurants, Basically I want more depth of features like in sims 2 in an open world like Sims 3.. but that has all been gone over soooooo many times

But there are lots of little things.

I was thinking the other day how much I would have liked it if the age setting in options was SAVED with the game... and not global for whatever game you load next. I use different age settings for different saves and if I forget to change it is really messes things up... I do love that in sims 3 they gave us the age setting options and I love to use them. So if i set aging to off then save... load up my other hood I play one epic it would load up with aging on... then the hood i play on normal would load up that way.. and when i went back to my aging off game aging would be off like when i saved it and I would not mess up my game by forgetting to change the ages.

I also think it would be great if the duration for pregnancy adjusted with the age options. It would require a fix to keep pregnancies from get stuck if duration is changed when a sim is pregnant in game.

And while they are at it make sure that cats dogs and horses pregnancy length can be adjusted separately. Dog and cats are not bad as they are about the same in real life if i remember, but horse are significantly different. BUT so love they gave us horses I will deal with it.

more clothing categories... like costume... so it is not all mix in with the REAL clothes

ability to delete CC from with in the game

there is a biggie... I would make it a 64 bit game so it could use more memory... so all these great idea listed above and all the great modes and open world and CASt would have the memory they need.

okay... back to reality before I start pouting about the game that could have been and stop enjoying the game I have.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 29th May 2015 at 9:53 PM
Why do I have to call in a babysitter just to go jogging 12 feet out of my yard? I am not that far from the house!
Scholar
#28 Old 29th May 2015 at 10:53 PM
Maybe it's not so far for you but for these little feet?

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 29th May 2015 at 11:07 PM
Most of the things I would like to change have already been mentioned. These are little things:

Sims should get wet when it rains and they use a bicycle/motorcycle.
Rain should water outdoor plants.
Of course, better routing. My pet peeve is when they use a taxi to get to the subway. At least, use a bicycle if it's too far to walk.
Maybe we should have bicycle rentals like in many cities. Instead of spawning these ugly cars for inactives, have bicycles parked everywhere and active and inactive sims can use them if they don't own a vehicle.
A better system for dressing inactives.
Alchemist
#30 Old 30th May 2015 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Sims should get wet when it rains and they use a bicycle/motorcycle.

Ohh yes, this is so stupid. But I guess the game counts sims as "inside" any vehicle.

Quote: Originally posted by 310175
A better system for dressing inactives.

What, you don't like it when your NPCs spawn with tuxedo tops, swim shorts and flippers?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 30th May 2015 at 6:43 PM
Traits And Romance:

I was a little disappointed when the inclusion of traits didn't include a beefed up TS2-style attraction system that instead relied on traits and lifetime wishes. You would think that would be a natural progression of the games, but it didn't happen.

If this were the case, you could make a sim is consistently attracted to sims with traits that are incompatible with them, and that's their whole personality flaw. Or someone who only dates people with the exact same traits as them. Or a sim who only likes Insane sims. Or a sim who hates dating geeky sims and only wants to date the sims that would be super popular and sporty. Even sims with the same exact traits as each other wouldn't always be attracted to the same exact types of people.

Trait Intensities:

I really do find it weird you can't tweak how strong you want your traits to be. It would add some more variation in the gameplay. It should be a number from [1] to [10], with [1] being only slightly more noticeable than a sim without that trait, and [10] which would be really noticeable affect their lives even more. I would imagine EA's traits as is are a [5] on this scale.

Back to the sim who likes people with incompatible traits example in the "Traits And Romance" section (who I will call Larry), if the traits of his love interest are almost all set to below [5], Larry should be uncomfortable but not miserable. If almost all are set above [5], Larry will have a terrible time. Despite this, he'll still adore his love interest anyways, even if it hurts him. This adds more realistic drama into the game, and also emphasize that being like Larry sucks.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 30th May 2015 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Salamancer
Traits And Romance:

I was a little disappointed when the inclusion of traits didn't include a beefed up TS2-style attraction system that instead relied on traits and lifetime wishes. You would think that would be a natural progression of the games, but it didn't happen.

If this were the case, you could make a sim is consistently attracted to sims with traits that are incompatible with them, and that's their whole personality flaw. Or someone who only dates people with the exact same traits as them. Or a sim who only likes Insane sims. Or a sim who hates dating geeky sims and only wants to date the sims that would be super popular and sporty. Even sims with the same exact traits as each other wouldn't always be attracted to the same exact types of people.

Trait Intensities:

I really do find it weird you can't tweak how strong you want your traits to be. It would add some more variation in the gameplay. It should be a number from [1] to [10], with [1] being only slightly more noticeable than a sim without that trait, and [10] which would be really noticeable affect their lives even more. I would imagine EA's traits as is are a [5] on this scale.

Back to the sim who likes people with incompatible traits example in the "Traits And Romance" section (who I will call Larry), if the traits of his love interest are almost all set to below [5], Larry should be uncomfortable but not miserable. If almost all are set above [5], Larry will have a terrible time. Despite this, he'll still adore his love interest anyways, even if it hurts him. This adds more realistic drama into the game, and also emphasize that being like Larry sucks.

Love it! So much more interesting than the constant emotions. It seems "natural progression" in the games is a no. Instead of improving and expanding on existing and good ideas, we get a "vision" now.
Test Subject
#33 Old 30th May 2015 at 9:23 PM
I wish that my teenager who can't drive a car wouldn't drive her dad's motorcycle around Sunset Valley. >.>
Alchemist
#34 Old 31st May 2015 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by youngvulcanoes
I wish that my teenager who can't drive a car wouldn't drive her dad's motorcycle around Sunset Valley. >.>

Well it's not like there's a problem, sims pass through cars, houses and other sims all the time and they're fine

I'd make it so that irrational wishes wouldn't show up (as often) anymore. I doubt a Grumpy sim wants to pillow fight everyone they meet. And I hate how sims will constantly roll the wish to buy a drier, even with two clotheslines on the lot. Not to mention rolling a wish to do something after they just did it. Teenage sims will roll the wish to "stop being friends with x" and "become best friends with x" simultaneously and at least once a day

And does anyone else wish that those "exercise for x hours" counted the previous hours as well? I'll have a sim exercising and fulfilling their "exercise for 4 hours" wish, when another "exercise for 6 hours" wish and the timer is reset instead of the sim needing to exercise for two more hours. Or maybe I'm just lazy
Instructor
#35 Old 31st May 2015 at 3:54 PM
I wish you could live on a community lot. Like upstairs of a laundry or cafe. Sometimes I make fake cafes on my sims lot an pretend like they are. Or sometimes I have my sims fake live on community lot. Sounds kinda sad now that I'm saying it out loud lol.
Scholar
#36 Old 31st May 2015 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Teenage sims will roll the wish to "stop being friends with x" and "become best friends with x" simultaneously and at least once a day

it's perfectly normal for a teen

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Forum Resident
#37 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 2:59 PM
I wish more was invested into the console version and less flack came from the community toward those of us who do not have a PC readily available to play this game. Being nagged/yelled at by TS3 players all the time to leave my Xbox and get the game for PC made me very sad. I want to be respected for playing a game vanilla even if the version was not to your liking.
Instructor
Original Poster
#38 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:10 PM
Well I guess that is what I get for trying to help.

Look it sounded like your computer had some problems that needed to be fixed to keep it running long term so some of us tried to help. I also explained why I really don't like the idea of trying to play the game on a 360. That is called a friendly debate and I am sorry you thought it was more then that. I don't play Mario on the PC and I don't see playing the Sims on the 360 as that good of an option. Sorry if my not agreeing with you made you think that we are blood enemies.

By the way the offer to help still stands, I have parts that sound like they would make your PC run better and I am willing to send them to you if you will just PM me. I know what it is like to be low on cash so I am just trying help.

I hope this post doesn't upset you and if it does I am sorry. I am honestly trying to help.
Test Subject
#39 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 12:48 AM
Remove lags and errors from my game! :D
Test Subject
#40 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
I wish you could live on a community lot. Like upstairs of a laundry or cafe. Sometimes I make fake cafes on my sims lot an pretend like they are. Or sometimes I have my sims fake live on community lot. Sounds kinda sad now that I'm saying it out loud lol.

I agree..... one time I was in Roaring Heights, I saw some cafes near the beach, and I wondered if you could ever build a cafe/restaurant type of community lot then live on another room or floor. Closest thing I got was the bakery from Ambitions....
Test Subject
#41 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 6:41 PM
I think that certain actions should count as exercise. Maybe not go so far as to add to athletic skill, but at least aid in weight loss and stress relief. i.e. if your Sim's main transportation is a bicycle, or when you take your dog for a walk. In that same vein, I'd love for my Sim to be able to go jogging with my dog.

To a lesser extent, it would be nice to see a little more consistency with fatigue. After a work out my Sim is too fatigued to go jogging, but will be totally fine to play chase with pets. This isn't a big deal to me, but it would have added just a pinch more realism.
Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simian123
I agree..... one time I was in Roaring Heights, I saw some cafes near the beach, and I wondered if you could ever build a cafe/restaurant type of community lot then live on another room or floor. Closest thing I got was the bakery from Ambitions....

In SN they added cash registers for consignment stores and such, which was neat. This meant you could make your own business to a limited extent. I haven't played around with it much though.

Similarly, I haven't purchased the "Deliciously Indulgent Bakery" yet from the Sims 3 store, but with the two premium items(which you can buy separately) you are supposedly able to make your own restaurant/bakery. I want to try it out, maybe it's worth looking into for your purpose?
Instructor
#43 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylee Brielle
Similarly, I haven't purchased the "Deliciously Indulgent Bakery" yet from the Sims 3 store, but with the two premium items(which you can buy separately) you are supposedly able to make your own restaurant/bakery. I want to try it out, maybe it's worth looking into for your purpose?

I have the DIB set and I can tell you, it is almost impossible to run the bakery yourself. You have to stock it everyday becouse the display cabinet will reset itself after midnight I think. I have to used nraas cupcake to restock it.
Test Subject
#44 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
I have the DIB set and I can tell you, it is almost impossible to run the bakery yourself. You have to stock it everyday becouse the display cabinet will reset itself after midnight I think. I have to used nraas cupcake to restock it.

I noticed that there were a couple mods for it to fix some problems that people weren't happy with, but I hadn't researched it yet to find out. Thanks for mentioning that. I plan on looking into it more before deciding to buy it or not!
Test Subject
#45 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylee Brielle
In SN they added cash registers for consignment stores and such, which was neat. This meant you could make your own business to a limited extent. I haven't played around with it much though.

I tried messing around with SN items, unfortunately, cash registers can only be put in community lots (not sure what type though). But maybe changing the lot with the register into residential, then put a public room marker near the register so that other sims will go inside. I think there's also a cash register for consignment stores in Ambitions that works similarl to SN cash registers, but i still haven't tried it yet.
Alchemist
#46 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 11:23 PM
I wish fairies had more tricks/spells available. The most useful ones are Gold and Toads (because it never seems to have a negative impact) and Bloom. Bloom depletes magic fairly fast, though. It would be great if they could bless and curse sims like witches and freaking unicorns can; in fairytales, fairies are usually powerful beings that can really curse or bless someone. They just seem very underwhelming.

I'd also give witches the ability to enchant objects. Like temporarily boost/lower a bed's stats or make a couch give the Pristine Picture moodlet when sat on, lol (I think a reward object does this?). Or make a couch/bed float up and down (like when possessed by a ghost) whenever someone sits on it; Evil/Childish/Rebellious sims would have their Fun boosted and Coward/Over-Emotional sims would faint, lol.
Instructor
#47 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cc1999
I wish Sims 3 wasn't ridiculously buggy, and CAS didn't take 4 1/2 decades to load and my sim is like "OH YEAH THIS IS LOADING REALLY SLOWLY EVEN WITHOUT ANY CC, I'M JUST GONNA STAND HERE AND SMILE AND MOVE AROUND (extremely slowly) AND MAKE THIS LOADING EXPERIENCE WORSE FOR YOU."
My laptop ain't even that bad..

I think the thing I hate the most in TS3 is the CAS loading times. In TS2, CAS items only had to load once, then would pop up automatically every other time you went back into it. In TS3, it takes forever to load a clothing category in the first place, then when you try to use CASt on it it has to load every single swatch before you can choose what kind of texture you want, then it has to load all those swatches before you can choose which one you want, and once you're done in CASt it has to load the clothing category you were in... AGAIN.

Also I would add a lock and "remove all" button to the accessories category, because it takes for-freakin'-ever to keep putting accessory tattoos and piercings on each outfit.
Alchemist
#48 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cc1999
YES! Adding more outfits is just not worth it sometimes. Copies the previous outfit and if you had any accessories you don't want for the new outfit, you're done for.

TBH it's useful for when you're just too lazy to spend a day in CAS or, if your game's like mine, if CAS has a 70% chance of crashing when switching between outfits after styling too many clothes. When making NPC families I don't CARE about clothes other than Everyday or, at most, Outerwear, since I don't see them wearing anything else.

Or making superheroes and having to add their outfits AGAIN for every category. But then again, I needed this exactly ONCE in all my time playing TS3, since 2009. The rest of the time I have to spend nuking the billion alternate career outfits the game generates.

I'd have more sympathy for the basegame clothes if whoever designed those T-shirts didn't run out of fabric midway. Yea, EA, my elders look dashing with tees ending just above their bellybutton
Instructor
Original Poster
#49 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 10:02 AM
I would make the game load a lot faster.

I mean my computer can run Mass Effect 3 with all of the settings turned all the way up while in coding 1080P hd video and burning it to a Bluray disc, so why does create a sim take forever to load each and every section and how come the game some times lags to the point of crashing when I try to scroll across my home lot? That is just bad coding and while I love the game I am glad I got it used as a thrift store instead of paying full price on release.
Instructor
Original Poster
#50 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 9:42 AM
I have to say I would like to see a trait for people like me. Let me explain, I wouldn't call myself a loner as I love chatting with and hanging out with people. There is nothing I like more then talking about a good book, film, game, or history with people but I can't stand the noise or the rush rush rush of city life. In other words I like having people over but I don't like running around and I don't like leaving home much and yet almost everyone I meet likes me and thinks of me as a people person. I guess if I was a fictional character I would be either Rockmefeller Todd or Bilbo Baggins. My point is that the closest trait to what I am is Loner, but since that type of sim can get stressed out by too many people ever if it is their own family, that does not really describe me.

I would love to see a trait added for "Homebody" or "Doesn't like to leave home" for people like me who like other people but are settled in our little ways and would rather not deal with the noise of town or city life.

Does this make sense to anyone else or am I just crazy?
Page 2 of 3