Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 30th May 2015 at 9:50 PM
When mine get too large, I let sims only have 1 baby each. Seeing as in my game I have a rule - every sim must have a biological offspring. I just love seeing how genetics pass on. 1 baby each (which includes if sims divorce, unless their new partner doesn't have an offspring) takes a bit of time to work because it's not that noticable until they're older - but eventually you start having loads of empty houses that were once filled as sims move in with their husband/wife, leaving their parents alone in the house and eventually leading to an empty house when they pass.

I also managed to accidentally decrease my population dramatically by accidental plague... erm.... that wasn't that fun... Literally all sims died of sickness at least once and had to be saved from the grim reaper. It was terrible. Probably not as terrible if I hadn't had been playing with mine and all my friends' simselves, and the reason everyone was ill was because one sim had accidentally made the mystery disease and spread it to everyone - that sim was my boyfriends simself, oopsie.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 30th May 2015 at 10:37 PM Last edited by Magnolia : 30th May 2015 at 11:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Those of us who use tiny lots need more roads not less, that would work well for large lots. It's very hard to find terrain with tiny grids.

I love building on small lots as well and I absolutely adore the Grizzly Hills neighborhood by Nepheris. The streets are mostly a max of 3 squares apart and it has several great little sections for different types of lots, like a downtown, a quiet residential area, and couple bigger areas for farms and strip malls and what not. It's a small neighborhood but if you build small you can cram a LOT of lots in there. I'm getting ready to set it up as my new main hood myself.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 30th May 2015 at 10:42 PM
Thanks for the link, that terrain looks rather nice.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#29 Old 30th May 2015 at 11:51 PM
I currently have just the base game.

tweaked the file that controls neighborhood camera; so that more of each neighborhood could be accessed.
path of file:: My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Cameras\NeighborhoodCamera.txt

planning 2 children for most couples (1 each of both genders).

plan to get the "ultimate collection" sometime after it becomes available to the public.
after getting it, would be adding apartments and sub-neighborhoods to each neighborhood.
Theorist
#30 Old 30th May 2015 at 11:57 PM
Ulitmate collection is available now -- you just have to ask, maybe more than once. Check out this thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=555674

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Page 2 of 2