Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 1:02 AM
Default Avoiding Certain Townies
Prior to inserting my no-townie regen mod, my neighborhood created around 15 Maxis townies, who, in my opinion, pail in comparison to my originally made townies. I dislike interacting with these Maxis townies since they aren't as unique as the ones I have made, and am wondering if there is anyway to permanently get rid of them or at least prevent them from coming around my unique little Simmies. Hopefully I don't offend anyone who likes Maxis townies. Thanks for any suggestions!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 1:08 AM
You can use Sim Surgery in SimPE and give them a new unique look.

You can make a graveyard lot and a graveyard keeper and use a teleporter to bring them to the lot and move them in and use the cow plant to take care of them for you.

Same as above but use Rodney Death Creator and kill them off that way.

Make a swimming pool, teleport them in and ask them all to get in and take away the ladders.

This is only a few ways and there are more you could do.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 1:12 AM
Thanks marka93. Does the Death Creator actually kill townies? And is it safe to use?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 1:13 AM
Sim Surgery sounds like a good option. You can Deleted 2 them (Pescado's method) but that's a fiddle and I think it's probably better to overwrite them instead.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yungspitta
Thanks marka93. Does the Death Creator actually kill townies? And is it safe to use?

If i remember right you have to move them in otherwise they are protected from death.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 1:39 AM
The Death Creator will kill them if you add them to the household for the thirty seconds it takes you to select your preferred manner of death. You can add them to the family with any number of mods. I would kill them in preference to the Deleted 2 method, since I personally don't trust any method of deleting sims. But surgery might be your best bet if you like the personalities but not the looks.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 2:06 AM
When I kill townies with the death creator, I just make them selectable and then kill them. They don't even need to actually move in.
Theorist
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 2:09 AM
But then how can you be a crazed serial killer, coldly profiting off the lives of your victims?

Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 4:03 AM
I often take the townies I don't like and move them into a house using Inge's teleporter cat (SimLogical). Then I create townie families, if I want teens and children in my neighborhood, and use the teleporter to have the townies adopt these children. Then I let the townies die. Running with scissors works, but any method will do. The parent townies are the added to the neighborhood graveyard and the newly orphaned teens and children are sent to be part of the neighborhood (again, using the teleporter). These orphans now have a sort of "back story" of coming from "somewhere". The adults I created with the Sim children are now single and without children. I typically send them into the townie pool, too.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
But then how can you be a crazed serial killer, coldly profiting off the lives of your victims?

LOL!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 4:35 AM
LMAO Every community have Townies, I see them everyday in real life, I am a townie when I go to a neighborhood where I do not live. One time in real life a friend and I went to a different part of the city, we was just looking at the many beautiful homes, at one of the stop a very nice elderly lady ask us did we live near by, for she knew mostly everyone that our faces was new. We smile and told her " oh we are just townies" she laugh and said join the club we are all townies here.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 10:29 AM
If you don't like them, teleport and move them in with the SimBlender and shoot 'em down!
This is what i do when they are spawned in one of my custom neighborhoods. I need some graves for the graveyard. *cough*
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 3:02 PM
I usually take someone out of the family bin, (I don't like), and move them in a house. Have them get a townie to move in. Kill off the family bin sims. Have the townie ask another townie to move in. Kill off first townie. And keep repeating until I'm down to one townie. Invite the Undertaker to move in. Kill off the last townie. This way the Undertaker don't have memories of all of them dying. I use Rodney Death Creator to kill them in different ways so the ghost will be different colors. Then move all the headstones to the Cemetery.
Scholar
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 6:35 PM
Is it just me, or do certain 'ugly' townies regenerate after killing them, even if you have notownieregen? Like the guy in the slobby outfit/sweatpants? I feel like I've killed him so many times.
Theorist
#15 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 7:18 PM
The guy who walks around in the horrible tshirt and sweat pants is The Slob. The game is coded to always have one, and will generate a new one if the old one becomes playable or dies.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 8:46 PM
Actually, if you have empty templates and notownie regen, you don't get the slob - Little Carping has never had one, or a Diva or Mr Big.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Is it just me, or do certain 'ugly' townies regenerate after killing them, even if you have notownieregen? Like the guy in the slobby outfit/sweatpants? I feel like I've killed him so many times.

The Slob is a special as is Mr Big and the Diva, the game is coded to replace them but they should look different every time and the Slob can be male or female.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 10:08 PM
It's not to do with empty templates - those townies are special Nightlife townies and appear if you add a Downtown, even an empty/custom one. If you don't add a Downtown, they won't appear.

You could probably find a default replacement outfit for the slob which makes him less slobby!

Edit:
http://olivespecter.co.vu/post/9425...mbs-baggy-plaid

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#19 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 8:57 AM
Went shopping yesterday and saw a ton of slobs lurking around. There are indeed default replacements for the slob outfit.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 1:52 PM
You don't actually have to kill sims to never see them again. Adults and elders can be made playable, deprived of jobs, and shipped to the family bin. Only employed and child-age sims are ever seen outside the family bin.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Went shopping yesterday and saw a ton of slobs lurking around. There are indeed default replacements for the slob outfit.

The game should only produce one or two, not sure which, but no more than two. They will belch and fart, were PJ's and slouch. http://cdn.wikimg.net/strategywiki/...S2_The_Slob.jpg

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#22 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 6:40 PM
Thanks for all the helpful responses regarding The Slobs. I didn't know they were in their own special category (or that it existed at all).
Scholar
#23 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I often take the townies I don't like and move them into a house using Inge's teleporter cat (SimLogical). Then I create townie families, if I want teens and children in my neighborhood, and use the teleporter to have the townies adopt these children. Then I let the townies die. Running with scissors works, but any method will do. The parent townies are the added to the neighborhood graveyard and the newly orphaned teens and children are sent to be part of the neighborhood (again, using the teleporter). These orphans now have a sort of "back story" of coming from "somewhere". The adults I created with the Sim children are now single and without children. I typically send them into the townie pool, too.

So you have a breeding programme
Meet Me In My Next Life
#24 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Actually, if you have empty templates and notownie regen, you don't get the slob - Little Carping has never had one, or a Diva or Mr Big.

@ maxon So let me get a bit clear, are you saying if you have "notownie regen" and an empty templates non of the characters you name will show up?
I have Tarlia's clean template so I do get the Diva, Mr. Big, The Slob all those characters I like.
When I first read what you said maxon I had to think twice as to what Templates I have. lol

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#25 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 8:36 AM
No that's not true. Diva/Mr. Big are Nightlife townies. They come with a downtown - any downtown. It doesn't matter what templates you have in. No downtown = no nightlife special townies (this also includes grand vampires).

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Page 1 of 2