Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No autonomous watch TV

by Tanja1986 Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 9:03 PM

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 9:16 PM
Not later than today, I tried a new bar that I made in Newcrest. There was ONE television placed above the bar.
10 sims pop on the lot, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF 'EM goes to the TV and starts using their remote frantically.
Needless to say this mod seems very welcome to me !

Thank you.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 10:18 PM
Tysm this mod is what I've been waiting for my Sims watch TV way to much.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 11:21 PM
thank you so much for the lovely comments! Yeah it was going on my nerves as well, that the only thing that Sims are truly interested in is watching TV... O.o... really? Well I am glad I could help you guys out!

The Truth is out there!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 11:51 PM
Thank you !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 1:56 AM
Thank you so much. I hate when my sims are tired and for some reason they feel the need to come home and watch TV and leave it on all night.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 2:25 AM
Thanks for this mod I now can have a TV now (it would be great if you did one for drinks?) thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 2:30 AM Last edited by SpiderTre : 16th Jun 2015 at 4:53 AM.
woo, thanks!! could you possibly make the same for stereos? my sims autonomously dance more than watch tv lol. i love listening to my music in game but not when my sims stop whatever they're doing just to dance
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 5:55 AM
I will check into the Stereo dance thing. I am not sure about the drink mod. Because I think I remember that I saw this mod already someplace. I will check into it, if I do not find it, I will make it.

The Truth is out there!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 7:58 AM
still watch alien channel
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 8:05 AM
Thanks so much for this mod. It was driving me crazy all the TV watching just like my Hubby in real life...LOL
There is a mod for no autonomous dancing to the stereo it over at Simsasylum you need to make a membership buts its free and easy to do. The mod is by JustAnotherSimFan (JASF)

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...m/307-mods-ts4/
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 8:13 AM
Default drink
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
I will check into the Stereo dance thing. I am not sure about the drink mod. Because I think I remember that I saw this mod already someplace. I will check into it, if I do not find it, I will make it.

I seen this No More Autonomous 'Get Drink'... by onigirichan93 3rd Oct 2014 at 01:50 AM But it could work because it looks out of date there as been patches since then
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 12:37 PM
Thank you for this!! I probably won't have to lock every bedroom doors now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 3:33 PM
In TS3 all you had to do was put a sprinkler in the garden. The rich families would forget all about their huge pools, expensive TV sets, fancy entertainment objects, and head outside to run around the sprinkler.
Well, this mod will have to do... for now
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 4:15 PM
Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 6:06 PM
I saw this and thought, hmmm. I don't think I need this. Then I played my game today. Sim and I went back and forth turning tv on and off four times!! OK! I DEFINITELY need this. LOL. Thank you!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by potmagi
still watch alien channel

That should not happen though. Is the Sim who does watch the Alien channel an Alien? Or a normal Sim? Can you please take the mod out, delete your localthumbcache.package and there various other cache files? After that place the mod back in and check it. The Alien TV channel is included so it should not happen that sims still use it. Unless you have another Autonomy mod installed which has these interactions in it set to autonomy, like webl_101 autonomous interaction mod. They will conflict, as all interactions are turned to Autonomy in that mod.

The Truth is out there!
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 6:31 PM
Okay so I won't create another NO dancing to Stereo, since it's already existing. I can however take a look at the outdated no more drink mod.

The Truth is out there!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 9:14 PM
Yay, thanks so much for this - it was much needed!! Any chance you could take a look at the No Autonomous PC mod that's outdated? I think it's on this site... my Sims drive me crazy playing the PC all the time, and trolling teh forums when I don't want them to, lol... Thanks for this again!
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Yay, thanks so much for this - it was much needed!! Any chance you could take a look at the No Autonomous PC mod that's outdated? I think it's on this site... my Sims drive me crazy playing the PC all the time, and trolling teh forums when I don't want them to, lol... Thanks for this again!

Hi Enjoji,

The No longer Troll The forums mod already exists. MadameButterfly created it. You will need to register here: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/

And you can find the mod here: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...oll-teh-forums/

I hope that helps!

However I am not sure if a No auto play games mod already exists. If it's outdated I can surely update it for the newest patch. That is not a problem as long as it is way behind like 2014 or so.

best,
Tanja

The Truth is out there!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 12:45 AM
Hi Enjoji,

The No longer Troll The forums mod already exists. MadameButterfly created it. You will need to register here: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/

And you can find the mod here: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...oll-teh-forums/

I hope that helps!

However I am not sure if a No auto play games mod already exists. If it's outdated I can surely update it for the newest patch. That is not a problem as long as it is way behind like 2014 or so.

best,
Tanja

Yes, please make a mod to stop sims interacting with the computer (or just playing games on it since the MB forums one exists)! That would be amazing! Lodakai made a "No Auto PC" mod that hasn't been updated since early October
Scholar
#22 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 7:25 AM
Hi Enjoji,

I hope that helps!

best,
Tanja

Thanks Tanja! I'll take a look at that now; you're so helpful - thank you

Quote: Originally posted by Emily_HH_19
Yes, please make a mod to stop sims interacting with the computer (or just playing games on it since the MB forums one exists)! That would be amazing! Lodakai made a "No Auto PC" mod that hasn't been updated since early October
Yes, that was the mod I was referring to, lol. I will download the mod Tanja has just pointed me to in the meantime until a No Auto PC mod comes around

...Titanium white...
Theorist
THANKS POST
#23 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 3:32 PM
Thank you so much for making this :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 3:44 PM
Great!! Thank you. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 7:00 PM