Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 12:47 AM Last edited by AyeeItzZoe : 29th Jul 2015 at 10:48 PM.
Default The Elderly Living Challenge
I PUT THIS UNDER RAISING KIDS BUT ITS RAISING ELDERS cx

BACKSTORY: (female sim name) always had a dream of helping people. But, she always had a knack for the elderly simmies. When (female sim) was young she always cared for her grandma. She wanted to start a senior care center when she was older. When she was a teen she realized she couldn't do it all by herself and dropped school and got married to a sim that cared for everyone...

GOAL: To raise as many elderly Sims as possible.

You might be like how the plum are you supposed to do that?! Well plummers I have a plan for everything..

Start with 2 YA sims and 6 elder simmies. (3 female 3 male)

Female YA: Nuturing
Family orientated
Good
Neat
Friendly

Male YA: Evil
brave
REST HAVE TO BE RANDOM

They don't have to be married, you can change the backstory to make them brother and sister or just friends...

The elders can be whatever you like.

You might ask why someone so nice would marry someone so... evil. The reason why is because once elders start to go to Sim heaven. You'll need more...

CONTINUING THE CHALLENGE

EDIT: Edit as of 7/29/15: I decided the challenge needed some spice. I decided that each elder has to master one skill before they die. And this means all elders you kidnap. If its a townie you kidnapped go into CAS via testingcheats set their age to adult and then go back out. Then go back into CAS and set them back to an elder. This will reset their age.

This is when your male sim comes into play. He's the evil sim who kidnaps all the elder sims in the town. Depending on how long you went without a sim dying you might need to place some elders around the town.

You are not really kidnaping them just making them join your household. xDDDD

You can build your house with cheats or without its your choice. You just need to have 7 bedrooms, a kitchen, and 4 bathrooms.If using cheats set family funds to 1000 when done. With this rule I would say don't go to large with the house. (bills)

In my opinion, I would not let my YA sims have childern til when you decide the challenge is completely over. You can use cheats to take off the moodlet of greiving. (It'll happen way to often.)

The challenge ends when your female YA sim dies of old age. You fail if one of your caretakers die.

As of 07/29/15 there is now a scoring system.

+500 For every elder that died mastering 1+ skill.
-450 For every elder that dies without mastering any skills.
+300 For each skill mastered by a caretaker.

Honestly the point system just adds a bit more

Let me know any questions because so far I have had only 1 elder die. If anything doesn't make since allow me to explain. IF there is a challenge like this let me know and i'll check it to see if it is to similar. I would love to blogs or some of your sims! :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 4:27 PM
Im making my sims for this challenge right now! im just wondering if your sims can get jobs. I cant wait to play the challenge thanks!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maemac14
Im making my sims for this challenge right now! im just wondering if your sims can get jobs. I cant wait to play the challenge thanks!!

Only your male caretaker as the main character is focused on the elders. But he still has to manage kidnapping new sims.
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 9:07 PM Last edited by River Sun : 5th Aug 2015 at 3:26 PM.
I am doing a twisted version of this.

You have a mom and her child.The mom is part of a no single(they have no one pregers or are not pregnant with a husband/wife)The group kills them.The mom doesn't like killing them.She gives them all a chance.She tries for a baby with them all(bad luck for single girls).

If woohoos with male:The mom has one try to get pregnant or else she ages the guy and take care of him till he dies(marrying him in the process.The group lets the victim have a feel for being married)

If with a female:The mom woohoos with her and then ages her.She them proceeds to marry and take care of the girl till the girls death.

The mom can be a rebel against her job(mine is) and tries to find the elder a wife/husband before she is forced to marry them(she has 3 days to find them a lover).

This is how I am playing it.Also in my game when I add tods or kids to the active family they for some reason age up.But YA and Adults don't.I wonder why.

I have so many challenge bloopers of this...
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by River Sun
I am doing a twisted version of this.

You have a mom and her child.The mom is part of a no single(they have no one pregers or are not pregnant with a husband/wife)The group kills them.The mom doesn't like killing them.She gives them all a chance.She tries for a baby with them all(bad luck for single girls).

If woohoos with male:The mom has one try to get pregnant or else she ages the guy and take care of him till he dies(marrying him in the process.The group lets the victim have a feel for being married)

If with a female:The mom woohoos with her and then ages her.She them proceeds to marry and take care of the girl till the girls death.

The mom can be a rebel against her job(mine is) and tries to find the elder a wife/husband before she is forced to marry them(she has 3 days to find them a lover).

This is how I am playing it.Also in my game when I add tods or kids to the active family they for some reason age up.But YA and Adults don't.I wonder why.

I have so many challenge bloopers of this...

This is awesome! It is a lot different than the challenge! It sounds like an awesome challenge on its own. Hope you have fun! :D
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 9:47 PM
So I like your challenge, but I think i'll play it in Sims 4-I don't think it will need much if any editing-(the only thing I going to change is the evil trait-I just don't like it. so instead of kidnapping elders-my male sim is more charismatic cult leader type convincing all the elders to come live at his place.

is it ok if I post pics here-even if they're from sims 4?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 2:36 PM Last edited by AyeeItzZoe : 7th Aug 2015 at 5:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
So I like your challenge, but I think i'll play it in Sims 4-I don't think it will need much if any editing-(the only thing I going to change is the evil trait-I just don't like it. so instead of kidnapping elders-my male sim is more charismatic cult leader type convincing all the elders to come live at his place.

is it ok if I post pics here-even if they're from sims 4?

That's fine! It would be cool to see this challenge in the sims 4! Have fun!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 11:24 PM
Welcome to Magnolia Place. Here at Magnolia Place you can live out your golden years in happiness. Korey and Lena Hammond will take care of your every need. (seniors who can't pay for their room and broad may be required to sell craft items to off set their expenses.)

Take a look at our picture Gallery. I'm sure you will discover that Magnolia Place is Your Place to belong.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
Welcome to Magnolia Place. Here at Magnolia Place you can live out your golden years in happiness. Korey and Lena Hammond will take care of your every need. (seniors who can't pay for their room and broad may be required to sell craft items to off set their expenses.)

Take a look at our picture Gallery. I'm sure you will discover that Magnolia Place is Your Place to belong.

I absolutely love it! I love seeing this challenge in TS4. Lovely pictures!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AyeeItzZoe
I absolutely love it! I love seeing this challenge in TS4. Lovely pictures!

thanks I'm having a lot of fun with this challenge, thanks again for posting it.