Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 12:55 PM
Default Only one bedding for custom mesh?
So I've made a mesh of a bed frame and got it in the game (yay). It looks nice and all but now it only has the "standard" light blue bedding to choose. Being a bit inexperienced with SimPE, I assumed I was copying the original bed and just replacing the frame mesh, which in my idea would cause the other bedsheets to still be available as recolors since I didn't change the bedding at all. So now I'm a bit confused as to whether or not this is supposed to happen and I have to recolor in the other bedsheets, or if I perhaps did something wrong? I figured maybe it'd be wise to ask here first, before I start recoloring in all the other bedsheets the slow way!
(Also, not quite sure which cathegory this question should be put in, so apologies if it's in the wrong forum!)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by penumbra
So I've made a mesh of a bed frame and got it in the game (yay). It looks nice and all but now it only has the "standard" light blue bedding to choose. Being a bit inexperienced with SimPE, I assumed I was copying the original bed and just replacing the frame mesh, which in my idea would cause the other bedsheets to still be available as recolors since I didn't change the bedding at all. So now I'm a bit confused as to whether or not this is supposed to happen and I have to recolor in the other bedsheets, or if I perhaps did something wrong? I figured maybe it'd be wise to ask here first, before I start recoloring in all the other bedsheets the slow way!
(Also, not quite sure which cathegory this question should be put in, so apologies if it's in the wrong forum!)

Hi penumbra Congrats on doing the hard part -- getting your mesh in the game! In order for all of the bedding options to show up you need to "slave" the bedding in your package to the Maxis "master" bedding. There's a tutorial by IgnorantBliss that will walk you step-by-step through the process: Slave Object Tutorial - Repository Textures From Maxis Objects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 8:36 AM
Thank you! Although I run into some issues with the tutorial ... I've made this new bed from the Colonial Ironwood Bed, and the new package seems to have a bunch of arrays for other beddings already inside the tsMeshMaterials section I made. I went through with the tutorial anyway and now my game crashes when it tries to load the new bed, so I'm guessing that was not the correct thing to do? x__x
Theorist
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 2:40 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 22nd Jun 2015 at 4:42 PM.
If your game is crashing there's a mistake in the edits to the GMND -- usually a line you've added hasn't been enabled -- but your package should have already had a tsMaterialsMeshName block so you should have skipped that step and edited what was already there? If you want to attach your package I'd be happy to take a look if you can't find your mistake.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 4:25 PM
It's tsMaterialsMeshName - not tsMeshMaterialsName.
Also - are you sure you -added- a new line? There shouldn't have been anything in the items box if you added a new line. The only line that would have "a bunch of arrays for other beddings" is the bedding line.
Theorist
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 4:43 PM
Thanks, MLC. I edited my post -- that would have been confusing for sure.