Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 11:00 AM
Default CTU exports only CASP files
I have been having a problem where CTU exports only the casp files of packages it has been editing / has newly created, and does not export any of the texture files / meshes / morphs / VPXYs.

This problem happened, coincidentally or not, after I attempted to export only the casp file (not the casp file within a package, the casp file itself) from CTU, when I was trying to make a default replacement for a BG item. Thereafter, all files touched by CTU get imported as packages, but packages with only the CASP and _KEY resource.

I have tried "uninstalling" and "reinstalling CTU, to no avail: whatever settings got messed up, they remain. Does anyone know what could be the matter here?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 6:58 AM
When I used CTU it always created packages with only the CASP. You have to create the cloned package first, save it, then open it again and import your custom textures, meshes, etc. at which point they will be included. At least that's the way it's always worked for me. (But it's been quite a while since I used it.) Are you opening an existing package, importing resources, and they're not being included in the package?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 3:26 PM
Hello CMar, my eternal sims hero! Just want to say I have been using your Mesh Toolkit and I don't know what I would do without it!

Back to the topic at hand... I have tried CTU again, and it seems I can clone BG items new, then import resources (without saving first) and save as an entirely "fresh" package. That works. What does not work is opening existing packages and saving them after altering, whether the change involves importing of resources, a preset/design edit, or even a simple category change. It doesn't matter whether I save or save as.

I gather CTU performs rather irregularly, with different people having different problems. I use it personally because, as TSRW does not work on my installation, it is the only way I can put together new packages. However, this way I can't edit presets of my creations, which is very frustrating.