Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 5:15 AM
Default The Cult of Grim Challenge
Story: Your sim is the prophet of death. They must collect souls to appease death, and in the process take over the town.

Steps:

1: Make a sim with the ability to kill people. Since I don't have murder mods, I usually pick a witch since they can set people on fire and freeze them to death. This sim should also have the kleptomania trait. I'd also recommend the Brave, Evil, and Charismatic traits, but you don't need those. Make sure to start the game in a town that has a grim reaper statue in the graveyard.

2: Place sim on an empty lot. It is here you will build the church.

3: Steal the grim reaper statue from the graveyard. This will be the focal point of your church. When you've got it, build an altar to the statue, and the rest of the church too. Don't forget an apartment for your sim to live!

4: Steal graves from the graveyard and people's houses. Place the stolen graves around the altar to grim.

5: Get your sim a job as the ghost hunter. When you've collected eight spirits of the same type, you can use the largest display to combine the spirits and make a new grave. This grave will be placed by the altar.

6: Befriend everyone in town. Invite your favorites to move in with you. Those that move in are the cult members. They cannot socialize with anyone outside the cult and they can't make money off the lot. Only the "Prophet" can have a job off the home lot. You can choose a uniform for the cult members or not. Try to be as self-sufficient as possible. Also, Try to make your cult members have babies with the prophet. These babies will be the new generation of the cult and can recruit new members from school and work. Descendants of the prophet are allowed to have off-site jobs as well.

7: If there's a sim you just can't get along with, kill them and put the grave on grim's altar.

8: Buy up the properties around town. All owned properties become property of the church. Try to own every building and lot in town.

9: The "Prophet" sim must master the following traits: Charisma, Logic, Writing, and Alchemy.

10: You can get pets too if you want, but It's not necessary. The horses are allowed to be used for races, but cats and dogs must collect things for the cult.

11: Every time a sim in town dies (without your intervention) collect the grave and place it near the altar. Befriend any new sim that is born, and keep the town under your thumb.

12: Make the Prophet immortal so you can keep the cult going for multiple generations. If you choose to make the prophet step down, the new prophet must be a descendant of the original prophet.

13: collect as many ghosts as you can.

14: There is no official end, so keep the game going for as long as you like. Since Sims was basically "Micromanaging: the Game" you can keep it up for as long as you'd like.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 9:12 PM
damn this is a cool idea. I really want to do this now.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 3:30 AM
I really like it, but i;m not sire mine is going to know everybody, more like almost no one knows about the cult. (like most cults) and she slowly brings people into the cult ect i think it be a bit easier on myself then trying to be friendly with everyone while keeping her in character

I chose to disregard the charisma skill the challenge itself is going great so far but i find i make lots of little tweaks to prefrence my own style so probably not the standard thing you invisioned as she keeps it low key

delivered by my carrier pigeon, Jim Geom.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mon1496
I really like it, but i;m not sire mine is going to know everybody, more like almost no one knows about the cult. (like most cults) and she slowly brings people into the cult ect i think it be a bit easier on myself then trying to be friendly with everyone while keeping her in character

I chose to disregard the charisma skill the challenge itself is going great so far but i find i make lots of little tweaks to prefrence my own style so probably not the standard thing you invisioned as she keeps it low key

That's fine. I just put the charismatic thing in there because most cult leaders (Or any leaders for that matter) are extremely charismatic.

I'm just starting up this challenge myself. I've got the prophet and a big empty lot. I need to build a church and some other buildings for cult members to live in.