Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 5:15 PM
I rarely watch TV these days... maybe one show once a week (two when "Once Upon A Time" is in-season). I like "Idiotest" (I'm quite good at that one) and "The Science of Stupid," when they're on.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 5:36 PM
This last year, the only time I've actually watched my TV was to see Inspector Lewis and Downton Abbey, both on PBS.

However, I have watched streaming video of Castle, Foyle's War, Midsomer Murders, George Gently, and Line of Duty.
I sorta meant to watch NCIS: LA and Elementary, but after missing a few episodes,
got over my addiction to following the Deeks/Kensi and Sherlock/Watson relationships.

If they start streaming Halt and Catch Fire somewhere, I'm sure I'll watch that 'cuz Lee Pace. <insert smiley swooning>
Scholar
#28 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 11:12 PM
Yeah I watch TV!
There are the news channels- CNN is avoided at all costs because BLEH (unless Quest is on)
The usual channels- movies start at 20:30, sometimes 20:00 or 18:45. Day time tv is strange. Most things after 15:00 are normal tv shows, not the weird ass teleshopping *cringes*
The extra channels- ALL the BBCs because Entertainment and Three are the best in the evenings
The cartoons- types of cartoons depend on time- the later it is the better ie.Ed, Edd n Eddy, I Am Weasel, Power Puff Girls etc.
Music channels- has come in handy many times when wondering what else can be added to the already large playlist
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#29 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 11:36 PM
Since the cast of Supernatural isn't going to film each episode in my house any time soon - yes I still watch television. And how else am I expected to watch Ash vs Evil Dead starting on Halloween?

But I really don't watch much TV. If I'm home alone, it's on but it's more for background noise than anything else. The kids will walk in and ask me what I'm watching, my answer is almost always "I have no idea".
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
If they start streaming Halt and Catch Fire somewhere, I'm sure I'll watch that 'cuz Lee Pace. <insert smiley swooning>
Ha! I have corrupted you entirely! My work here is done!
Theorist
#31 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 1:04 AM
Just for cnn, excluding that smug anthony bourdain. For other shows with potential to be good to watch there's way too many cutting to advertisement breaks. I especially hate coming back to the program to a short message "(this show) will be back" only to throw me back to another wave of advertising. If someone is visiting I make it a point to hit mute and encourage criticism of the commercial.

For me, watching television for 30 minutes is good for clearing my head. Entertainment can be found everywhere, but not all of it involves the pleasure of posting on a comfortable couch and turning into a vegetable for half an hour.
Theorist
#32 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 3:30 PM
I watch TV all the time and I love it. I probably should be embarrassed, but I admit I love reality TV. Those are the only shows I'm willing to watch on network TV.

The rest of the time, I just watch serial TV shows. Those are pretty much the only fiction I'll watch. Though I don't watch them on my TV, usually watch them on my work PC during my lunch break.

Resident wet blanket.
#33 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 4:20 AM
? What is TV?

Is that some kind of ancient technology from planet Earth?

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
#34 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 4:30 AM
I'm seriously thinking of dropping TV. Wife wants it for that gawd awful "Walking Dead" series. How is that entertainment?
Mad Poster
#35 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 1:14 PM
The only time I watch anything else...

...is because my mother is the type my father and I are dragging kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.

She and dad are the main watchers of TV. My mother watches a few things: supernatural dramas and documentaries, cartoons with intellectual heft (like Gravity Falls) and "old lady period pieces" (that term was from Gravity Falls) like Larkrise to Candleford and Call the Midwife. She prefers British series and show with decently executed writing over the American trash on TV today.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#36 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 12:20 AM
Only really the news and programs after that.

6-11ish with a movie at the end.
6-9 no movie.

My parents are the biggest TV watchers
dad can't stand or understand the Internet.

I really watch tv only though. I actually hate watching stuff online. It doesn't feel as cosy as a TV viewing I do enjoy almost anything except for reality shows, broken aerials and ads.

I am also a recipient of an extremely ancient form of human entertainment. I listen to the radio.
Theorist
#37 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 5:24 AM
I only listen radio at my workplace, but I've one major problem with it: regardless which listening to which more general music station, you hear the same limited amount of songs on every of those networks, with sometimes a few new hits, but still in the same annoying repeat mode. Your only option is with or without a dj.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 5:41 AM
Default I detest Tv
I use the w3 consortium for almost all my needs .
TV News is not "news" it is pablum for the masses. It is sit still and shut up for a few minutes til we get to the real point, selling you stuff...Programming the wee minds of the masses.
I refuse.
Cooking shows make me hungry. and I am poor.. sigh
I watch movies generally documentaries online.
Reality shows are my dirty filthy pleasure.......
I admit
I love them
Sick I know. I watch them online, commercial free.
It's awesome

Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
I don't watch television anymore. I read the news online from a perspective of my choosing not the perspective of a broadcasting company, and I can also choose not to get into the gory details about murders or people being cruel to each other because I find it gets to the point where I can become too emotionally invested in situations I can do nothing about. So if I *have* to read about cruelty, murder and mans general inhumanity to man and beast, I can take it in portions that don't overwhelm me whilst remaining informed.

I am not interested in reality shows of any kind - I find them puerile and vapid. I feel that the people who appear on them, for the most part, are the froth on the cappuccino of life. I am sure that there are some totally genuine and real people who appear on them too - but they don't make 'good TV', which is a shame because I'd like to see them.

I don't watch cooking shows anymore because the shows generally focus on the cook and his/her ego, and not the food - so one really learns nothing from them of value; except how to be a complete egomaniac in the kitchen (and I can already do that ) I miss cooking shows that actually teach you how to create a new dish.

I like movies and documentaries, but for the most part I can find them online or I can go to the movies.

I could happily put the television out for recycling - my partner would kill me in my sleep - but I don't care if I never see one again.

What about you?
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 5:43 AM
Default awwww
poor you
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
I'm seriously thinking of dropping TV. Wife wants it for that gawd awful "Walking Dead" series. How is that entertainment?
Banned
#40 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 7:09 AM
I love TV I mean I really REALLY really love TV, but I rarley get to watch it, why, WHY because those people in the TV won't let me. They are always interrupting me and whatnot!!
Instructor
#41 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 9:02 AM
The only channel I watch is called Fine Living (it's a mashup of american shows from the Food Network, Travel Channel and stuff like that) because it was all about recipes, home decor, people wanting to buy a house abroad and so on, but lately all the air is Bizzarre foods, Man vs Food and shitty stuff like Hotel Impossible and Restaurant impossible which I hate.
I watch plenty of movies and tv shows but never from actual tv channels.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 5:57 AM
Yes, but it's getting harder and harder to find anything decent on tv.
I like to watch some programs on HGTV: Fixer Upper, Property Brothers, Lakefront & Beachfront Bargain Hunt, Caribbean Life, etc., etc.

Sugah's Place
... Providing quality Sims 2 downloads in a fun, friendly forum setting ...
Specializing in gorgeous Sim models, CC recolors, custom walls, prime real estate, original challenges & more!
Forum Resident
#43 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 3:08 PM
I rarely ever watch tv because so much of it is stupid junk. In other words, (NO I DONT WANNA KEEP UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS! GO AWAY!)

Last time I tried to watch tv was attempting to watch the GOP debates for America's 2016 election. But our living room tv hasn't been used in so long that it didn't work. So I gave up and decided to look the stuff up online the next day.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
#44 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 6:18 PM Last edited by stuart-grey : 8th Aug 2015 at 9:02 PM.
Okay, I was reading a news story about AI and robots, and ran across a reference to this "Humans" television series.

It's British, and hard to understand, and Amazon only has 6 episodes.

Edit: ... hard for me to understand...

No slight of the British was intended.

I'm hard of hearing, and have issues with language (I cannot hear my own speech impediment unless someone plays a recording of it back to me), so it is especially difficult for me to understand when the euphemisms and colloquialisms are unfamiliar. I can "fill in the blanks" if what is being said is a common phrase, but British usage is not that familiar to me.

I kinda need subtitles.
Scholar
#45 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 6:36 PM
I watched First Blood on thursday. It was after dinner, I was bored, zapping through the channels for something interesting (but all the interesting things seem to be during pre exam and exam time, highly inconvenient ) and then RAMBO, and I was like, "Hi Rambo dude, long time no see, let's watch you get bloody and sweaty because 1980s action movies"
Alchemist
#46 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 8:09 PM
Nope, I watch everything online now. The only reason I even still have a TV is for console gaming and DVDs/videos.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Instructor
#47 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 8:19 PM
We only watch television or movies at night, and only on-demand type viewing (HBO/Netfix/Amazon, etc.). An hour a day or the time spent watching one movie is enough. Right now we're watching "Peaky Blinders" Series (Season) 2. <3

But, I have to admit that once in a blue moon, we go on a binge when a show we really like has all the new episodes available right away.
Page 2 of 2