Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 12:14 PM
Default The Sims 4 Xenophilia Challenge
The Xenophilia Challenge

Originally written for sims 2 by: Skuld Lunrix
Adapted for Sims 4 by: MissChevus

This Challenge Requires Get To Work!

Backstory:
After having acquired a very strange satellite dish from a local junkyard in your town, you, a male sim just beginning his young adult life, decide to kick off the first night in your new house by doing a bit of tinkering with it. However, after only a minute or two of seeing what button does what, you realize just why said satellite dish was abandoned. In the haze of memory that follows, you are only able to pick out three bits of information- “perfectly compatible DNA strain”, “high potential”, and “release the first”. You’re not sure what to make of it at first, and for the first month or two, you try to put it behind you. That is, until you start throwing up in toilets and growing out of your shirts. As you eventually find and figure out, you, a “docile specimen of competently sentient life”, have been chosen as a “nurture point” for the excess population of a dangerously overcrowded alien homeworld. In accordance with the species’ fundamental pillar of protection of life at all costs, the unwanted unborn are farmed and implanted into said nurture points, members of other races who can stand to carry the foreign body without severe consequence. Basically, you’re pregnant with an extraterrestrial, and according to your potential, they plan to “nurture” seven alien children in your open womb, or rather the steel one they’ve implanted in your abdomen, one right after the other. Good solution for them. Nightmarish for you.
A dazed and fearful nine months later, you find yourself giving birth to a child with odd colored skin. Later that night, in a process that repeats itself six times, you walk outside against your will, enter another memory haze, and come back pregnant once again. The children are not the horrid monsters you expected to see. Moved with pity, you become determined to raise them well, as if they were human children. However, it soon becomes apparent that this is quite a daunting task, and as everyone in town is afraid of them, no one wants to move in with you and help you. Can you take on an ever-increasing number of alien children alone…while under the constant hormonal throes of pregnancy with the next one?

Challenge Setup:
First, make a young adult or adult male sim. You can make him any way you want, with any sort of custom content, as long as it’s all purely decorative. You can choose his aspiration and his traits freely. After he’s made, plunk him down on a lot. You may make or choose any type of house you can afford. You may cheat for money, but only up to $70,000- a single motherlode cheat, or 50 kaching cheats if you like typing that word. You are allowed a $1000 advance in your budget each week, with which to buy food and pay bills. This continues even after teens/your elder self get jobs.

The only item you are absolutely required to have, by nature of the challenge, is a mod that increases the chances of alien abductions. I recommend this one. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=554490

Now, play your sim through the first day in his new house. Have some fun. Make him some friends. Cook him some food. Don’t give him a job- this Sim can’t have one, as he’s either pregnant or looking after small children most of the time. At some time between 9 pm and 3 am that night you have to take him out into the yard for a little one-on-one alien contact with his satellite dish. Surprise, he’ll be abducted and come back pregnant. Now, wait until your little alien bundle of joy is born. Then, the next time that 9pm-3am rolls around (the next night), repeat the abduction process. And on and on and on. What makes this really challenging is not only does the guy have to care for all these kids, he has to do it while constantly pregnant- his needs are dropping very quickly, and when they finally balance out, woops, there’s another baby, and you have to go out again the next night.

Rules:
*No one else can move in, ever. You can have visitors, but their stay must be temporary.
*The children cannot age any time before their designated birthday.
*The alien children must wear their disguises every time they leave the house - even when they go to school.
*When your children grow up to be teens, they can then help out with the children you keep on having. They can be employed, but for each job tree that is available, you must roll a die- if you get an even number, they will accept your employment, but if you get an odd number, they will not, on the basis of them being aliens.
*Teens can go out and go to jobs, and both children and teens have to go to school, but your father cannot leave the lot unless he’s being abducted.
*Once the kids become young adults, they must move off the lot. No exceptions. After this, you are free to do whatever you want with them. They are, strictly speaking, out of the challenge.
*You cannot hire a maid to clean up after you or any other service NPCs.
*Once your first sim becomes an elder, he can’t have children anymore. (I’m not sure if this is true in the game code, but for the sake of the challenge, he can’t.) Your Elder sim still can’t get a job, unless all his children have become teens.
*Your main sim may buy the potion of youth reward to keep them from turning into into an elder before he has all seven kids. Unfortunately, he is limited to only five of these miracle potions.
*The game goes on until all the alien children age up and leave the house, so if your first sim dies, too bad. If this happens, the teens must raise the younger ones as per usual, and move out when they become young adults.
*You can go on dates, and fall in love for that matter, you just can’t move anyone else in or get married.
*You can hire caterers and all for parties, but I’d be pretty impressed if you threw a party at all.
*Because you cannot work, you cannot open a retail store, though the alien children can open one once they leave the house.

+2 for every alien child born.
+3 for every alien child successfully aged to Teen.
+5 for every alien child successfully aged to Young Adult and moved out.
+5 every time an alien child ages up in a good mood.
+3 when a child gets their first A+,
+3 if they age to Teen at A+
+1 for every two skill points earned in the family
-3 any time a child is uncomfortable
-10 if a child ages up in a bad mood
Friendship:
+4 for every friend you have and keep
+2 for every friend your child has and keeps
+8 for every love you have
+3 for every love your child has
+2 for every alien child that becomes friends with a sibling
+1 for every alien child that becomes friends with you
+2 for every alien child that is friends with a sibling when they move out
+1 for every alien child that is friends with you when they move out
-5 for every loss of friendship
-7 for every child that becomes enemies with you
Miscellaneous/Silliness:
+10 if your Sim has a Romance or Fortune Aspiration
+10 for every set of twins. (no cheating)
+1 for every alien child with black eyes
-10 for every sim who discovers that your children are aliens
-4 for every time your children go out of the house undisguised
-5 every time someone misses the bathroom
-5 every time someone passes out. Sleeping in food is no penalty.
-10 for every fire
-10 for every alien child that is an enemy of their sibling
-4 for any other need in the red
-8 if a teen/elder is fired
+20 for every handicap used (see below).
+5 if you do not use the advantage.
+20 for every Woohoo your first sim performs between the first and seventh births.
+10 more points if he has three kids or more when the Woohoo occurs.
+15 for every maxed skill on a Sim
+20 for every Gold Medal Date the first Sim has between the first and seventh births
+30 for every Gold Medal party held in the house between the first and seventh births
-20 if your first sim dies of any cause besides old age as an Elder
-15 for every child rescued by the socialworkinator
-50 if your first sim dies of any cause in Adulthood, leaving the kids in a Party of Five situation. All points earned after this happens are given a +1 gratuity, including negative points.

Handicaps

Immortality is a Crapshot
Use of the Youth Potion is not allowed, meaning that your man will inevitably reach Elder stage while his youngest is a mere newborn. Because of Daddy’s enfeebled state, the teenage children of the household must all take jobs to support their family. Upon hearing of their situation, any employer will take them, regardless of species. You do not need to do the die roll to determine what job an alien teen can have.

Aliens Are Not Humans
This should be fairly obvious to anyone with half a brain- they’re green, for chrissakes! Because aliens are not humans, they have very different traits than we do. They are extremely sensitive to high temperatures, so they cannot cook anything on the stove or eat anything that has been cooked on a stove. If there is a fire, they must stay inside the house for 24 hours to recuperate. That means no work or school. Beyond the baby stage, they cannot sleep before 11 pm, and must sleep (or relax on their beds) until at least 7 am. They cannot lock whims. Their “mating season” takes place on Saturdays and Sundays, during which they will be irritable to members of their own sex, including family, and overtly romantic towards members of the opposite sex, not including family (or reversed, if you want a little gay alien :3). Finally, aliens cannot use the bookshelf or the cooking channel to learn skills- they must learn from experience. However, aliens do have one advantage over humans- they can puzzle out the technology that their father cannot. When they become teens, they have the option of “growing out of” one of these eccentricities. However, when they do reach adulthood, they can grow out of one more eccentricity- and must keep the rest for the rest of their lives, no matter what happens outside the lot.

Those Pollination Technicians are Good at Their Job
As it turns out, your nurturing potential is actually higher than expected- and the aliens plan to take advantage of that! Even after the seven children are born, once a child leaves, if Daddy is still nubile, he must have more children to replace them until he reaches elderhood. However, instead of going right back out and getting abducted the next night, he can wait a night before letting his hormones surge again. This can’t really be used with “Immortality is a Crapshot”. The Potion of Youth must be used, all five times.

Daddy’s Gone Mad, But It’s Not His Fault This Time
Much like the Service Animal restriction of the Apocalypse Challenge, once Daddy hits Elder, he goes senile. You can no longer control him, although you can look at his stats, and he can’t get a job. In order to keep the family stable, once this happens, the next Teen to age to young adult continues to live with the family, however, it is above the challenge rules, besides the three Aliens Are Not Humans traits they did not grow out of. Like if the parent dies, if another Teen ages up, the older young adult must leave.

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Simblr
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 9:59 PM Last edited by mama_tex : 20th Jul 2015 at 10:12 PM.
thanks for posting your challenge I love playing with aliens-This sound harder they what I like but I gonna give it a try anyway. But a quick question first:

"You are allowed a $1000 advance in your budget each week, with which to buy food and pay bills. This continues even after teens/your elder self get jobs."

Does this mean I cheat up 1000 each week of the challenge?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 11:15 PM
Yes. Just pick a simday like Monday add type "kaching" every time it's Monday at your sims' house.
You can make things harder by not giving them the advance if you want to.

Simblr
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 8:32 AM
Love this challenge! Though I do have a question, I had twins. Would they both count toward the 7 children or just count it as one child toward the goal? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 3:42 AM
If your sim has twins, both children count. So your sim only has 5 more left to go.

Simblr
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 7:19 PM
Hey, just a quick question. In the fifth rule is says that the father may not leave the lot, however in the eleventh it says you may go on dates etc.... Is this only for the teen sims or can the father go out as well?
And another question, it says you can't hire any NPCs, but can hire caterers for parties. I'm assuming this is because you can pick sims you know? And does this become invalid if the maid or whatever in question is a friend of the family beforehand?
Sorry for asking for this level of clarification....but I micromanage and its an OCD. Lol.
I've gone ahead and started the challenge and its great fun thus far. Kudos!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 5:43 PM
So glad you're giving the challenge a try. Now to answer your questions, the teens in the house can go
on dates. The father can go on dates only when all of his alien children have grown up and moved out.
I'm sorry I didn't clarify this rule further. About the caterers, you can hire any sim that your sims (the father
or any of the children) know. You can even hire sims that your main sim knew beforehand as long as the
aliens are wearing their disguises.

Simblr
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 1:07 AM
I have a question about the -3 points for every time a child is uncomfortable. I checked my teen's stats when he was about to age up to young adult and he'd been uncomfortable 77 times! I was so proud of all the skills that he'd achieved and all his points were wiped out by the number of times he woke up having to pee or was hungry because they get uncomfortable whenever that happens. I'm thinking of just not counting that as part of the score because it just doesn't make sense that they only get 1 point for every 2 skill points but -3 for that.

Sims Blog: Stormy Dayz Gamez
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 11:44 AM
Haha. I suck.

I was all set up; house was done, money was set to $2,000, and I had to wait one more hour before contacting aliens. I was super excited, my first alien pregnancy of the challenge! Before I could contact them, however, my Sim thought it would be a good idea to make a grilled cheese sandwich. Next thing I know, my Sim started a fire and proceeded to stand there and burn until he died.

I hate my life.

Anyway, who's ready for round two?