Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 3:26 AM
Grinding for simpoints (Handy store "cheat")
Since the release of the sims 4, the sims 3 store has lifted it's view limit for those "get free simpoints" videos. So naturally, I've been grinding the videos to get as many simpoints as I can before someone at EA notices or cares. Anyone else doing this? I estimated I've made several thousand simpoints this way.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 11:32 AM Last edited by varpunen : 29th Jul 2015 at 12:06 PM.
I did yesterday. I haven't played for awhile and noticed that I had small amount of simpoints left but not enough for the Surf Station. So yesterday I spent an hour looking at those adds and got the points I needed. I just only hate that travel add because it requires you to log-in to Facebook to finish and I hate Facebook. It's the one add I don't watch. And too bad those adds are only worth 5 points, instead of 10. Takes forever.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 9:19 PM
Ooh, I can do that?

Aurora Skies, here I come!
Alchemist
#4 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OpelSpeedster
Ooh, I can do that?

Aurora Skies, here I come!

You can do it a bit faster if you have the Store open on two different pages. While the add runs on the other page, you can set the other page ready and click it's add when the other is done. And then vice versa.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 9:49 PM
Where at the store do you find the videos?
Alchemist
#6 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Where at the store do you find the videos?

Instructor
#7 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 11:53 PM
Why i don't have such a thing??

I need a cigarette
Instructor
#8 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 12:07 AM Last edited by lindali365 : 30th Jul 2015 at 12:25 AM.
The ads seem endless now. I racked up about 1000 pts. a few nights ago, with multiple store tabs open, all of them running ads. When I had to shut down, they were still coming.

I'm just going to use the points for gifting, and I'll hold onto some in case they come out with limited stuffs in the future (like Dr. Pepper).

ETA: I think that the ads are targeted to specific regions. I'm in NE USA and most of the ads are for products/locations/services available in my area. I used to get some ads in the middle of the night from Sweden, they were the best
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer4eveer
Why i don't have such a thing??

Same thing for me.

Could any of you who have acess to the button give a direct link to see if we can acess it? (Or gift it to us?.... :P)
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 12:14 AM
Yeah, I've I don't see the ads either. Perhaps they're not available to the same people all the time?
Scholar
#11 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 12:34 AM
They are scattered randomly throughout the store site, and move around a lot. When I'm in the mood I open every page until I find enough--the "worlds" pages, the "venues" pages, the "sets" pages, and the "build/buy" pages, as well as the sale, daily deal, and "make me an offer" pages. Then I just go at it till they slow down too much or I get bored or tired.
Alchemist
#12 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 12:58 AM
Well, when it comes to regions, they definitely show up in Europe. And yeah, they do show up randomly at random menu pages; some times almost constanly one after another and sometimes in a slower pace. The time of day made no difference in my case.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 3:18 AM
I found something out. The "earn simpoints" doesn't appear if you have ads blocked.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:08 AM
Well, now I see an opportunity, but the video won't play.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Well, now I see an opportunity, but the video won't play.
Sometimes there are glitched videos in the mix, unfortunately. If it won't play, just refresh the page and try for a new one.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:51 AM
Well, one has played now, but I've gotten credit for several where I saw nothing! I'll take it. LOL
Instructor
#17 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 5:01 AM Last edited by lindali365 : 30th Jul 2015 at 5:36 AM.
If you get one of those smaller ads in the black box, and it doesn't play properly after you click on the play button: Do a double click on the play button when it shows again, wait as the time bar near the bottom fills, then you should get the OK button that gives you your SimPoints.
Ignore Play Again when that pops up, the verification will follow that message.

Also, some ads seem to take forever before they start to play. If the black box is completely blank, give it a little time to start to play. Same goes for the time between the end of the ad and the OK/verification box (some take longer than others).

Something else to check if you're not getting ads, make sure that your Java and related are up to date.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 5:12 AM
I keep getting 3 second non-existent ads xD
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 5:24 PM
So, now I'm getting a plethora of ads, but unfortunately with my awful internet connection they take almost four times their intended duration to end, because they insist in stopping to continue buffering the video.

And one permanently froze at 0:27/0:30 and thus lost the opportunity to get the SimPoints.... Ugh.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 5:49 PM
I don't know why you guys are getting many of them...I get one a day...lol
I have 5 windows open..let's see if more pops in.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#21 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 6:10 PM
Ugh, I managed to nab 100 simpoints when my browser gave up and shut down completely. I guess ten videos running at once is too much. Now I can't watch anymore
Mad Poster
#22 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 6:13 PM
Hey..I only get 5 points per vid..why you get 10? lol

Scholar
#23 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 6:24 PM
Rosebine, two things that might help: I do find that the time of day matters. I suspect that it's not the specific time of day, but that the gates open wider on a 24-hour rhythm, so the fact that I discovered this at night the first time seems to mean that I find the most of them at night going forwards. The other thing is that they pop up all over the place. It's a ploy to keep your eyes on the pages, and to get you to look at things you otherwise wouldn't look at. I find that the pages that produce the most repeats of the little button are never the same as the ones that did it the night before. So one night it might be "worlds"-- not just the main menu, but the individual pages for the worlds--and the next night it might be "buy" or "sets" Also purely informational pages like the one that tells you about "complete your set" might produce the button sometimes. I kinda think the button is less likely to appear on the page for something I already possess, though.

I tried multiple tabs and it slowed the whole process down, and also I don't want to just sit there and farm my little points-- I keep it going while I'm doing something else, so I am content with having the one tab going.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 6:33 PM
I am now at 65 points...5 points each vids, and I was previously at 35. Since the button does not appear in my own country, Canada..I decided that I would become a south African....this works too. I was just tired of being a USA english speaking person.

Alchemist
#25 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Hey..I only get 5 points per vid..why you get 10? lol

I get only five per each add, as well. Why does others get 10, I wonder?
Page 1 of 5