Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I think there's only one way this could have happened, so this should be fixed now in 0.1.3. If that doesn't fix your issue let me know more details about the exception.

I overlooked the fact that two packages could have precisely identical file modification timestamps if one is a copy of the other. I modified the sorting process to handle this so it's no longer key-based. Kind of a stupid oversight, sorry, so thanks for the bug report!

I keep hoping to see this released as a download. Any plans in that direction?

I use it pretty often. And I suggest it pretty often.

And pretty much anybody who's taken my suggestion to use it, has later thanked me for pointing them to it. :lovestruc
Advertisement
Deceased
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by egwarhammer
I keep hoping to see this released as a download. Any plans in that direction?

Possibly yet I may get around to that. I wanted to do some things to it yet before making it official, although for the life of me I can't remember what they were - I think mainly I still wasn't 100% satisfied with the user interface. I haven't been coding lately for Sims 4 stuff at all, just trying to keep mods updated and help out some others with their stuff. I'll probably get back into the swing one day and this might get some additions and changes.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Possibly yet I may get around to that. I wanted to do some things to it yet before making it official, although for the life of me I can't remember what they were - I think mainly I still wasn't 100% satisfied with the user interface. I haven't been coding lately for Sims 4 stuff at all, just trying to keep mods updated and help out some others with their stuff. I'll probably get back into the swing one day and this might get some additions and changes.

Works fine as is. I'm a fan of the KISS principle. UI spiffiness can be an updated version. LOL!!

Pleeeeeeeeeeease drop it into downloads!! I recommend this so much, I can almost type its (ridiculously long) link by memory. (Funnier because my memory is so lousy...) And MY copy lives on my desktop, I use it any time I add something new. :lovestruc

Thanks for the reply... great to hear from you!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 11:57 AM Last edited by nautica187 : 16th Oct 2015 at 12:07 PM.
Tried this on a folder with many subfolders and ran into this error message. I clicked "continue", all seems fine at first, but the program froze (scanning) at about 90%. (but was reponsive when i clicked on the trees)

I was originally running it from my documents folder regularly. then closed it with task manager. Moved it to my desktop and ran it as administrator and it produced the same error.

the error message (photo)

the copy paste of the actual error

I tried scanning just a single folder and it threw no errors and the UI looked the same so i assume that's displaying correctly.

The UI I see when the program works correctly

My folder I scanned that caused the error (i know it says 29 in the bottom left, I don't know why. there are 30 folders and 78 files in there)

Each of the folders withing this folder (30 of them) had all my files that conflicted. I used the DmitryMalfatto's Mod conflict detector to find out which package files conflicted and put them in separate folders. Each folder had between 2 and 20 files in it. I thought this issue was related to the folder names, maybe the spaces or the brackets so i numbered the folders like this..

Still produced the same error so it isn't the folder names....30 subfolders is too much would be my guess. considering the way it displays the conflicts, i assume it's only meant to scan a couple conflicting mods at a time not entire folders and certainly not many many folders within a folder. but i like trying to break things

My system specs.
lenovo Z575 laptop
64 bit windows 7 ultimate
APU A8-3520M Quad Core 1.6ghz
Radeon HD 6620G 512VRAM (directx 11)
8GB ddr3 @1333mhz
.net 4.5 i think was the last one i installed.

probably not an issue to worry about since i was using it completely wrong , but I figured it was worth reporting back to you in case you were planning on expanding it to scan entire mod folders and people had 30 sub folders in their mods directory.
Deceased
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nautica187
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.InvalidDataException: Block length does not match with its complement.
at....
at TS4_Package_Conflict_Detector.clsTS4Resource.DecompressData(Byte[] data)

@nautica187 - Thanks for the bug report. I can't view the images for some reason, but don't really need to as the exception text above indicates two problems - first, that you have a package which has a resource that isn't compressed properly - and second that the program isn't trapping that error and giving you a nice neat error message indicating what file is bad.

I'll keep it in mind that error needs to be trapped and get that fixed one day.

The number of folders you have shouldn't be an issue, I have nearly 100 folders in my mods folder, nested several deep in places.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 1:11 PM
Wandering by again to check on this (I hope upcoming) mod... I added this thread's link to my officials sig.

How 'bout that download? IOW, <poke>.

Yeah, I'm gonna be THAT bug in your ear. Play with me!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#32 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 12:40 AM
When people have issues with "not compressed properly" files (as mentioned in post #30), one package to watch out for would be the "simsmodsquad-novelist.package" that was distributed with the Maxis CC documentation. Since that was one of the earliest mods available at all, it might have been distributed quite a lot -- and I was told by Maxis that they created it manually using a different compression than the game packages.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#33 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 2:09 AM
You're a life saver!!! Thank you
Test Subject
#34 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 4:54 PM
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TS4_Package_Conflict_Detector.clsResourceIndex.IndexPackage(clsTS4Package Package)
at TS4_Package_Conflict_Detector.frmMain.btnScanAll_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TS4 Package Conflict Detector
Assembly Version: 0.0.2.0
Win32 Version: 0.0.2.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Leslie/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa0.606/TS4%20Package%20Conflict%20Detector.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I get this message and it stops on the same mod is it the mod? Looks like a great conflict finder though
Keep up the good work and I think this should really go in to the downloads section I would of never of known about it if someone hadn't posted it on sims4studio site. It would be awesome conflict finder . I like how easy it feels
Test Subject
#35 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 9:49 PM
Works like a charm! And to think it was the one package that I overlooked... I was so close to just never playing ever again and going back to Sims 3. Thanks sooooo much!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#36 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:39 AM
/me pokes @scumbumbo again about moving this to Uploads ..

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Deceased
Original Poster
#37 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
/me pokes @scumbumbo again about moving this to Uploads ..

Patience, patience! I'm pretty close to doing so, finally making those user interface changes I'd planned on doing...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#38 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 11:37 AM
/me prepares the confetti

Deceased
Original Poster
#39 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 5:36 PM
A few screenshots of the "coming soon" update. Comments welcome...
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#40 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 5:42 PM
The "Duplicate" vs. "Conflicting" screens from the first post would also be good, will you be including those?

Deceased
Original Poster
#41 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
The "Duplicate" vs. "Conflicting" screens from the first post would also be good, will you be including those?
Duplicates and conflicts are on separate tabs, basically four tabs, two (dups and conflicts) grouped by package filename, and two grouped by resource ID. Then one last tab for packages that have unreadable resources.

ETA - The screens below show the "new and improved" versions of that old view.
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#42 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 5:55 PM
Ah cool, yeah that makes sense! =)

Deceased
Original Poster
#43 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 6:07 AM
Version 1.0.0 is released and ready for consumption. Get it here. Further suggestions and comments should go to the feedback thread for the download.

Thanks to everyone for their testing, ideas and encouragement!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#44 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 9:59 AM
/me throws confetti

Thanks! Closing this thread, then.

Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: Upload is in Uploads now.
Page 2 of 2