Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 9:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game Crash when CC are used together, Not a GUID conflict
I'm pulling my hair out at the recent crash issue I'm having. I completely deleted my download folder and redownloaded a bunch of CCs. A problem i'm getting now is that everytime I click on a recliner in the comfort section of Buy Mode, the game would crash.

After doing a 50/50, I found that it was due to some Living Room Set I've downloaded. The problem is, they're not corrupted. After removing half of all the living sets from game, the game don't crash. When I tested the other half, they work. As long as they're not together. When I did a GUID conflict check, there wasn't a problem. Even more, when i put both in game but removed a bunch of other CCs instead, it works together fine.

Anyone have any idea?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 11:20 PM
I think GUID conflict is irrelevent here. A GUID is only the identifying number for something in the game. You can have GUID conflicts all the time - the symptom is the game using the last loaded item with the same GUID in preference to anything else (with the same GUID). It's how defaults work.

What you seem to have is some conflicting CC - possibly two items trying to use the same BHAVs at the same time (though it might not be that). One of the issues you might consider is whether some items or items of the CC is properly updated for the EPs you have. Sometimes crashes occur with CC that doesn't have the correct coding for your EPs (though I admit it wounds unlikely from what you are describing). When you have two things that are causing issues, it's sometimes easier to try to deduce what the issue might be rather than dividing your CC into ever smaller groups trying to find where the point of conflict occurs though this is an option too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I think GUID conflict is irrelevent here. A GUID is only the identifying number for something in the game. You can have GUID conflicts all the time - the symptom is the game using the last loaded item with the same GUID in preference to anything else (with the same GUID). It's how defaults work.

What you seem to have is some conflicting CC - possibly two items trying to use the same BHAVs at the same time (though it might not be that). One of the issues you might consider is whether some items or items of the CC is properly updated for the EPs you have. Sometimes crashes occur with CC that doesn't have the correct coding for your EPs (though I admit it wounds unlikely from what you are describing). When you have two things that are causing issues, it's sometimes easier to try to deduce what the issue might be rather than dividing your CC into ever smaller groups trying to find where the point of conflict occurs though this is an option too.

Hmm.. you might be correct to point out that it might be EPs issue despite the fact that I have all EPs and SPs. 50/50 don't seem to be working because the files seems to work without one another or if I removed some other CCs from the game instead. That's what really bothers me.

I just went through my folder with Clean Installer and disabled anything that's a behavior or defaults and hopefully it might help.

If anyone else have any suggestions, please let me know.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 10:47 PM
There are a bunch of other issues which could cause this; dodgy repositorying comes to mind because I spend a lot of time making dodgy repository sets. Your best bet will probably be, alas, to contact the creator.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
There are a bunch of other issues which could cause this; dodgy repositorying comes to mind because I spend a lot of time making dodgy repository sets. Your best bet will probably be, alas, to contact the creator.

So does this mean I have to remove the repository stuff? or keep them and see if I accidentally kept the originals?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 3:05 PM
I still can't seem to fix the issue. I went in and removed all the master/slaved objects and the game still crash in buy mode and only at the recliner section. I also removed all the custom recliners too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 8:07 AM
I'm still having trouble trying to find the problem. Now, even after removing more than half my CCs content, the game would still crash, in the Recliner section of Buy Mode. Therefore, I don't think it's my CCs anymore. I'm thinking it might be my game instead and that something might be corrupted.

When I looked at the error Log, what I kept on seeing is an Exception Code: "Access_Violation"

Code:
Exception time: 08/31/2015, at 02:41:26.
Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.
Current thread ID: 6284 (0x0000188c).
Version information:
Application/module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe
Application/module version name: The Sims 2 EP9
Application/module version: 1.17.0.66
System version: Windows NT 5.1
System memory: 1024 Megabytes total, 1024 Megabytes free.
Application/module configuration: ReleaseSRT

Extra Exception Data:

Shutdown: 0
HostName: SORIYA-SKY
MemoryUsage: 885452K
Neighborhood Name: Housebuilder & Testing
Neighborhood Prefix: N001
Lot Name: Aelflaed's RL 1x1 - Based on MaryLou's and Andi8104's one
Extra Exception Data End:

Exception module:  C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe.
Exception address: 0x0081101d. Section:Offset: 0x01:0x0041001d.

Registers
   EAX: 00000000
   EBX: 31bb4630
   ECX: 2c212b34
   EDX: 00000014
   ESI: 00000000
   EDI: 2c212b34
   CS:EIP: 0023:0081101d
   SS:ESP: 002b:0351f9e4  EBP:00008000
   DS:002b  ES:002b  FS:0053  GS:002b
   Flags: 00210246

Thus, I'm going to attach an error log with the Sims 2 Log Generator and hopefully someone experienced enough with TS2 can help me.

in the meanwhile, I'm going to uninstall TS2 and try reinstalling it again.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Crashing.rar (4.5 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Error Log Files
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 10:15 AM
Does it crash if you remove all your CC though?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 4:10 PM
Does it crash if you remove all your CC though?

no, it doesn't crash when the CC is removed. that's the strange part. However, I had install third party mods into the games files such as the Plasticbox's Sensible and BlueSoup's Reorganizer.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by soriya
no, it doesn't crash when the CC is removed. that's the strange part. However, I had install third party mods into the games files such as the Plasticbox's Sensible and BlueSoup's Reorganizer.

Well, if it's not crashing without CC then the problem is almost certainly in your Downloads folder. You say you have BlueSoup's reorganiser (you mean her catalogue reorganiser?) - did you put that in the right place? They don't always go in Downloads. Plasticbox's Sensible what?

Mad Poster
#11 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 6:26 PM
If it's not a recliner (and are you sure it isn't?) then maybe you have a mod that does something fishy to recliners? I don't know of any, though.

I'm also with Nysha on bad repository objects. I've had several crash on me when making/testing them. One particular bummer in the file will cause a crash, another will just make the recoloring not work properly, and lacking a proper GUID the object will just behave very strange, or even replace the original object, or take its colors with the wrong mesh. I think I've seen all of them...

There will always be that annoying object that seems innocent enough, but put in your game causes major troubles. I had a firealarm in my game for several years that would crash lots with it in, and every time I opened small electronics (the one with phones and fire alarms), my game would crash. I was down to the last folder doing a 50/50 (in my 30+ GB folder, mind) before I had a 'duh!' moment, and realized which object it was. The object in question is now demoted to a deco object, and causes no more troubles.

If your game works perfectly without CC, and if it only crashes when you do a particular thing when CC is in (like trying to click on a recliner), then it's 99% certain your problem is a CC object (0.5% is memory crash, which follows a different logic, and the other 0.5% is unknown causes). If you can't find the object by looking through your downloads and using logic, do a 50/50. Sooner or later you'll stumble upon the culprit.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If it's not a recliner (and are you sure it isn't?) then maybe you have a mod that does something fishy to recliners? I don't know of any, though.

I'm also with Nysha on bad repository objects. I've had several crash on me when making/testing them. One particular bummer in the file will cause a crash, another will just make the recoloring not work properly, and lacking a proper GUID the object will just behave very strange, or even replace the original object, or take its colors with the wrong mesh. I think I've seen all of them...

There will always be that annoying object that seems innocent enough, but put in your game causes major troubles. I had a firealarm in my game for several years that would crash lots with it in, and every time I opened small electronics (the one with phones and fire alarms), my game would crash. I was down to the last folder doing a 50/50 (in my 30+ GB folder, mind) before I had a 'duh!' moment, and realized which object it was. The object in question is now demoted to a deco object, and causes no more troubles.

If your game works perfectly without CC, and if it only crashes when you do a particular thing when CC is in (like trying to click on a recliner), then it's 99% certain your problem is a CC object (0.5% is memory crash, which follows a different logic, and the other 0.5% is unknown causes). If you can't find the object by looking through your downloads and using logic, do a 50/50. Sooner or later you'll stumble upon the culprit.

Yay in finding antoher simmer with almost the same amount of CCs as I have, LOL.

It is definitely not a recliner because I went in and removed all the recliners in my game and it still did the same thing. For for game files, i spent the whole morning reinstalling my game and load with the CCS, and it still crash. Therefore, it a definite that it is my CCs.

The problem is, I've been doing the 50/50 for the last month, almost two now, and still cannot pin point the problem. I've tested it without repository items and it still crash. I'm at wits end. I know it's not my computer specs because it's more than capable of running it.

Someone mentioned that it may be bad CC sets, so I'm currently working on those. My only issue is, it works fine one it own, but not together with the other half that was removed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 7:25 PM
Well, if it's not crashing without CC then the problem is almost certainly in your Downloads folder. You say you have BlueSoup's reorganiser (you mean her catalogue reorganiser?) - did you put that in the right place? They don't always go in Downloads. Plasticbox's Sensible what?

yes, these objects are placed in the right place. But this morning I reinstalled the game and tested the download vanilla and it still crashed. So now i know it is definitely not my game or those items. Therefore, at least we know for sure it's the CCs. The problem is, 50/50 method is not working because each half works well without the other.