Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 4:32 PM Last edited by onomamashinee : 17th Aug 2015 at 5:00 PM. Reason: updating
Default Mod for the sims 3 supernatural witches
I know most people are probably over The SIms 3 at this point, but does anybody know how to make spellcasting duels work more like chess and sparring matches (traits such as athletic or lucky can make you more likely to win) instead of just being random? If your chances of winning would scale with the number of skillpoints you have in spellcasting, that would be awesome as well. I don't seem to find a way of doing that in any of the files I've looked, be them ITUN files or XML files. Do you guys think it would be possible at all?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by onomamashinee
I know most people are probably over The SIms 3 at this point :

False. A lot of people still playing sims 3.

Quote: Originally posted by onomamashinee
anybody know how to make

How I know such mod does not exist, and I don't know any modder who take requests, but if you have enough experience in programing and wish, here bunch of tutorials.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 5:05 PM
Well, that's great news then, I just thought people were mostly playing The Sims 4 now that it's out. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond. I hope one of these modders will like this idea, and in the meantime I'll take a look at that link you posted.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#4 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 7:33 PM
@onomamashinee, please don't send creators requests unless they have specifically stated that they actually take requests. Sending requests anyway is against the site rules.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 8:47 PM Last edited by onomamashinee : 17th Aug 2015 at 11:45 PM.
@Buzzler I'm sorry, I'm kinda new here you see, but, seriously? Wow. Didn't think there would be any harm in asking and in my defense you did state in your page that you "might even help" if asked nicely... It's ok though, I hope you or any other modder around here will help me figure out how to do that I asked about, I mean, that is what forums are for right? All I can say is that if you don't want people to ask for your help, then don't state in your page that you might help them if they ask. Have a good day sir.
Instructor
#6 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 3:48 AM
@onomamashinee I don't quite think you get the point of forum rules. I suppose you can be even nicer, judging by your underlined and bolded text. Perhapa I'm just being mean now, what I am trying to express rationally, is that it is always better to try and understand others' feelings. Buzzler, as far as we at MTS can tell, had been very busy with his real life and was away from modding for a long time. It is already very nice of him to come back as a moderator again and update all his creations to 1.63.

And asking nicely simply means you ask for practical modding advice (ie coding) but not a request. Please don't blame others.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#7 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 6:37 AM
Closing this, since it wasn't a modding discussion to begin with and is now a meta discussion.

@onomamashinee, since my profile is just a click away, I won't bother to quote it here. Let's just say you're the first to mistake the help part for a requests allowed statement.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Locked thread | Locked by: Buzzler Reason: Not a modding discussion.