Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 8:37 PM
Well....I somehow forgot about board games in the context of a game thread on a fansite for a computer game, but if we're bringing up those, I'm a huge fan of the games pizza just mentioned (well, maybe not Monopoly as much) and also cribbage, another card game (that I've forgotten the name of involving two decks and 21 cards down, a play pile and a number of discard piles that can be used), spit, apples to apples, Chinese checkers, and porch and party games such as ghost, ghost! kick the can, statues, charades, and twenty-one questions.

*Edit - forgot console games: Supermario 64, Pokemon Snap, and...ERrg! Forgot the game, I think it's Galaxy Star Online?, also Mario Sunshine, and Donkey Kong.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 8:37 PM
Oh, god. I loved playing Clue when I was a kid. I haven't played in soooo long. I couldn't find anyone who'd play it.

My mom and her mom used to play Scrabble all the time. They're the ones who pulled me in. I fell in love
with the game. My late husband would play, but only one game - never a repeat. He just wasn't into words...

I should've mentioned Risk. When my husband was in the Corps (Marines), we used to have marathon games with friends.
Whole weekends spent conquering the world!
#28 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 8:47 PM
I like Monopoly but I cheat ..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#29 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion

I like Monopoly but I turn into a rampant capitalist.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#30 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 11:03 PM
Oops, I too was not even thinking about board games...probably due to the fact that I can get pretty intense when playing them. I am not a gracious loser when it comes to board games. I'm talking will knock your pieces or tiles off the board...looking at you Scrabble and Monopoly.

Other board game favorites are Twilight Struggle, Trivial Pursuit (10th & 20th Anniversary Editions) and Risk.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#31 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 11:05 PM
Wow, all these people liking Monopoly. I remember feeling beat down and a little depressed when playing it as a young teen!
Forum Resident
#32 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 12:39 AM
I really like simulation games - Cities Skylines and The Movies are the only two other than the Sims that come to mind. I really want to grab the complete TS1 collection, too, and perhaps Castaway as well. I was much too young to remember much from TS1, so maybe I'll pick it up as a birthday gift to myself!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#33 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Wow, all these people liking Monopoly. I remember feeling beat down and a little depressed when playing it as a young teen!

Probably because you played with someone like me.

I also like Chinese Checkers - I have a knack of being able to see long complex moves which send all my checkers right over the board.

You note I only like games I'm good at. Mind you I like Mahjong too though I'm not so good at that. It's a very social game. My Chinese students think I'm impossibly old-fashioned but then they also tell me Tai Chi is for 'elders' and anyone doing it under the age of 70 is funny.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#34 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 11:18 AM
my partner and I just got Settlers of Catan but we've yet to play it (we need to move the living room around to make room on the floor, as we have no surfaces large enough)
I'm thinking this weekend! I can't wait!

I always win against my partner, I don't know why, he has a pretty strategic mind. Sometimes I wonder if he lets me win.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 2:06 PM
I hear it's good. People tend to bring that one to the gaming parties. Also, Cards Against Humanity is making the rounds. I've yet to try either game.

Ah! I remembered the name of the video game my son and I used to play: Phantasy Star Online, but we would play it offline together.

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Probably because you played with someone like me.
lol. My friends and I weren't competitive, it was just that the game would go on forever and, if you weren't winning, it was all about losing and worrying about money which seemed way too heavy for us back then.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 6:51 PM
Default Mouse Trap LOVE this !
Mouse Trap is a board game for 2 to 4 players.

Over the course of the game, players at first cooperate to build a working Rube Goldberg-like mouse trap

.Once the mouse trap has been built, players turn against each other, attempting to trap opponents' mouse-shaped game pieces,
its so fun !

(and Scrabble of course with my English Granny, such an English game !)

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
Screenshots
Test Subject
#37 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 2:27 PM
My favorites other than constant Sims 2 are: Minecraft, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Bejeweled, any Mario Kart or Super Mario game, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Monopoly, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Runescape, Yahtzee and Slender: The Eight Pages.

Wow. I'm more of a gamer than I thought!
Theorist
#38 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 5:42 AM
I almost forgot, I had a lot of fun playing an assassin in Hitman.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Scholar
#39 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 5:54 AM
Saints Row 3 and 4, the Roller Coaster Tycoon series and Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (nostalgia! <3)

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
#40 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 9:47 PM
Still Skyrim. I'm sorry, but that game is awesome!

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Field Researcher
#41 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 9:54 PM
Smite, I was never a fan of MOBAs, but Smite is different because it's in 3rd person and I do like action based games and killing people (virtually).
Scholar
#42 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 11:10 PM
Yo OP you didn't specify what kind of game! So I could say "invaders" which we played occasionally during frisbee.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 11:12 PM
I have been playing Simcity 4 lately, even though it's related to sims so it doesn't count. This will be the first time I have played sims in a few days.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Instructor
#44 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 12:08 AM
Lately I've been playing a lot of Star Trek Online. You can make a character from practically every species in the Star Trek universe (now including Talaxians!), huge in-game universe to explore, beautifully rendered starships, and a character customization tool second only to the Sims...

And of course, Ferengi dance moves:

Inventor
#45 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion

how do you cheat at monopoly? i didn't think that was possible.

i also like monopoly. i buy the four stations and fleece whoever (usually my friend) i'm playing with. :D

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Mad Poster
#46 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 11:07 PM
Video Games: Pokémon, Sonic the Hedgehog, Harvest Moon, Katamari Damacy

Board Games: Scrabble, Chess (I suck at it so if you say "Checkmate", you may be beaten senseless with the board) Monopoly

Card Games: Go Fish, Memory, Penny Poker (the maximum bet is 25¢)

Outdoor Games: Croquet, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, American Football, Tennis.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 10:15 PM
Grand Theft Auto series;
Settlers of Catan
#48 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stitch_too
how do you cheat at monopoly? i didn't think that was possible.

I'm not giving away my secrets

*mysterious face*
Theorist
#49 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 12:26 AM
Just bend the rules, so they're always in your favour.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Instructor
#50 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 12:33 AM
Sims 3 and TSM are the only gaming-games I play. I've tried to play Doom and Call of Duty games but I suck at all of them so I don't even try anymore. My partner looked at me and shook his head when I couldn't even get my character up three stairs. "Use the stairs dammit!" doesn't work.

So, instead I like to play:
Jeopardy (on son's game system, IDK which one)
Backgammon, Scrabble
Computer games (Free Cell, Spider Solitaire, Mahjong)
Word games (Anagrams, Crosswords, any 'break the code' type games)
Speedminton (faster than badminton, more enjoyable too IMO)
Page 2 of 4