Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 6:41 AM
Default Question about Greek house and pregnancy in college.
When it comes to moving other sims into the Greek house I know that they have to be friends with one of the members and I read that you have to wait a certain amount of hours until they move in and are no longer pledges. I believe it's 72hrs but I had a sim of a house ask a sim to become a pledge so they can influence all they want ect but after I had them write the paper they were sent home. My question is that does the pledge I want moved in have to be on the lot for 72 hrs to join the house or is it just 72hrs of gameplay with me using the main sim?

Also when getting a college sim pregnant using the sim blender what happens to the baby who's at the dorm with their mom/dad after the sim graduates college? Will it work without using inteen because inteen conflicts with mods I have.

I hope it's not too big of an issue that this was posted in gen and not the uni category. I just don't think as many people look there.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 8:16 AM
After the 72 hours they become a member of the fraternity/sorority and you can ask them to move in. They don't move in automatically though. Not every member has to live in the greek house.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:11 AM
There's only one category as far as I know. Uni just appears in the post description as what it's about.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 10:45 AM
They don't pick up the baby when they graduate. If both parents are on same dorm graduate one and set in the main hood. Then use teleporter to move in baby and after that graduate second parent.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:16 AM
Is it 72 hours? That seems very long. Anyway, the pledge has to spend that time, whatever it is, on the lot. Influence is free but the pledge's distraction bar still took a major hit from writing the paper, so he left.
Just invite him again and again if he leaves. A message will let you know when he's been there long enough and they will cheer in celebration, so you can't miss it
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 1:27 PM
I don't know how long it is, but I'm sure it's not 72 hours! That's as long as the grace period at the end of University, which is longer than a semester! Invite the dormie over every day till you get the pop-up saying they've spent enough time there.

If you've asked a playable to pledge, or if you have a playable you want to join who doesn't yet have friends in a Greek, open their residence and click the phone. Choose Greek/Join. Select the desired house (Tri-Var and Tri-Fruhm are the sororities, Urele-Oresha-Cham and Oresha-Hoh-Var are the fraternities) from the pie menu. The members will come over in their togas and run around the residence. You'll get a pop-up telling you what the existing relationship is with each member, what the relationship needs to be in order for that member to accept you, and how much time you have to accomplish this. This will be anywhere from 10 to 25 and the time is about 5 hours. Pick a member and focus interactions on that member until the relationship matches or exceeds the desired number, then move on to the next one. If you're in a dorm, and you can't find somebody, go into buy mode so you can see into the dormies' rooms - they hide in there sometimes. Once you've got the requisite relationship, you'll get a notice and everyone will run out again. You can then pick up the phone again and choose Move To, the taxi will come for you, and the next time you open the Greek House the new member will be standing at the curb.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 2:20 PM
Thanks for that clarification Peni. This thread had me all confused, because I've never seen anything about pledges and 72 hours. I was wondering if all my Sims I thought were members weren't actually, but I see now that it's because I've only ever tried with playables and this is for non-playable Sims

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 2:26 PM
No it works for all YAs, playables and NPCs equally.
The playables can also request the frat/sorority to visit them and then the acceptance scenario begins, but that's a different process.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 2:41 PM
I find it a lot easier to go through the telephone if they're playable. Then they don't have to be friends to ask them to pledge. I use to just move them in via teleporters, but that doesn't actually make them a member, just moves them into the house, and then when they ask to pledge they have to befriend themselves which obviously the can't do.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#10 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 3:45 PM
I didn't even know that there was the option of pledging to get into a Greek House. I always thought they had to use the telephone, which does sound a lot easier in my opinion. And, since it's so similar to the Headmaster scenario, it's easy to use cheats to automatically raise the relationship bar for each sim.

Yay, instant friends!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:03 PM
Quote:
Also when getting a college sim pregnant using the sim blender what happens to the baby who's at the dorm with their mom/dad after the sim graduates college? Will it work without using inteen because inteen conflicts with mods I have.

Its not a very good idea to have babies at the Uni. hoods without InTeen for things can happen to relationship with the baby plus other things as well.

Most of the time you will be ok but over time you may get one that will screw up your hood and have to start over again.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#12 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:42 PM
I tried it one time, but since sims leave the college individually when they finish or drop out/expelled, I couldn't figure out how to get the baby to move out, too. I ended up just moving the lot into the lot bin, which is a VBT.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#13 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:47 PM
The easiest way I found to join Greek House and Secret Society is using the college phone book. Call the sim and chat to get enough relationship points with each sim (I think it's 3 required?). Once the relationships are done, call the Greek House and apply for membership. The members show up at your sim's house, dances around, etc. if relationships are high enough, then they leave. You can now call the Greek House and request to move in and that's it. There can only be 8 sims per house though. Usually I start a Greek House with the first neighborhood sims sent to uni. Since they're already friends, they can applied to make their place a Greek House and add more neighborhood friends as they arrive.

With Secret Society, you need relationship points with 3 members. They will show up about 11pm and 'kidnap' a sim that met the requirements.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 5:37 PM
Duine, the relationship points required with each sim vary. I haven't been able to work out what the number's based on. For awhile I thought that upperclassmen were hardest to win over, but then I got a string of pledges where the biggest required score was for a freshman. It may be random, or maybe grouchy or shy sims are hardest to win over.

I suck at remembering numbers, but I'm positive they are all in multiples of 5 and nearly sure that 10 is the minimum. This is top score only - the daily score - lifetime scores are not considered. Calling ahead relieves the pressure if the Greek in question has a lot of members, but you've got five hours to win them over in - the starting lineups are all small enough to do the job from scratch.

If the sim phoning is already friends with all the members of that Greek, they just show up, dance around in their togas, cheer, and say: "You're in!"

If a Greek sim is rolling wants to ask someone to pledge - and Popularity sims in particular will often roll wants, either generic or for specific friends - I'll often let him ask, to get the want filled, and then have the playable go the phone route. That way I can make sure I get personal items into inventory before the move.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#15 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 5:53 PM
When I want a sim to pledge (and it's been awhile) the magic number was 25 STR with all three members of the initiation party. A good game of kicky bag with all three usually did the trick, since each successful pass gives 1 or 2 STR.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#16 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 7:02 PM
Holey cheese, that's a lot! I've never had to be 25 with everybody!

Or at least, if I have, I was already there and never saw the numbers.

I think there must be a random element to it. Anyway 25 is the max I've ever had to make.

Mad Poster
#17 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 7:53 PM
The worst is when the greek house members go off to a lecture immediately after arriving so you can't socialize with them at all >_>

Mad Poster
#18 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 8:37 PM
What? They don't! Nobody goes to class from somebody else's residence! You can invite someone at 7 in the morning and they'll hang out till 2 the next morning; and the Greeks invited over to pledge are only there to pledge you - they'll stay till the timer runs down.

I suspect that when you look around and don't see them, they're hiding in dorm rooms; in which case you just follow them in, using the "go into buy mode" trick to locate the room. Either that or it's a weird side effect of a mod. I promise you that's not vanilla behavior.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:34 PM Last edited by SayanAmanda : 30th Aug 2015 at 9:42 PM. Reason: more info
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I find it a lot easier to go through the telephone if they're playable. Then they don't have to be friends to ask them to pledge. I use to just move them in via teleporters, but that doesn't actually make them a member, just moves them into the house, and then when they ask to pledge they have to befriend themselves which obviously the can't do.

Thanks everyone! I think that's what I'll do is just move them in via teleporter. I don't care if their an "official" member or not I just want them to move in. I don't think the sim I wanted to join has STAYED on the lot for 72hrs but I do believe it's been 3 days since they joined as a pledge.

edit: According to the sims wikia the sim has to literally spend 72 (if I'm reading it right) combined hrs on the lot so I guess that's my problem. I just had them write the term papers then then sent them home and invited them back 3 days later.

I don't have use for them that long I guess I'll just have them meditate or whatever on the lot for 3 days

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Greek_house
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:08 PM
I can't find that on that page, what sentence is it exactly? And I can assure you it's not three days, it can be done in one visit if the pledge doesn't have motive failure and doesn't leave.
I really wouldn't do that teleporter thing, it's not safe for your greek house. Maxmotive the lot and invite them to join in the hot tub/bubble blower, then, rather than force-moving in the sim. But well, it's your game, you decide.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
What? They don't! Nobody goes to class from somebody else's residence!

Happens all the time in my game. And I'm sure they didn't go into a dorm room because it's been on residential lots. But if you say it's not vanilla, I believe you. Maybe I'll 50/50 it at some point, but I rarely pledge and they can always try again if they fail because of that.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 12:54 PM
In my experience it's the sims who are the most important to my storyline who are the hardest, and I think the link is that these sims have more friends and more wants fulfilled, so they have more influence. At least, that makes sense to me.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#23 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
What? They don't! Nobody goes to class from somebody else's residence!

They do in my game too :-) I have no doubt that it's not vanilla behaviour - I have a lot of mods that have an effect on college/university stuff. They come back to the lot that they were visiting after they've been to class, too, is that the same in your game, Gummilutt?
Mad Poster
#24 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 1:24 PM
I'm sure I've had to make up to 70 before!! How odd that different games can behave so differently. I'm 100% sure I have no mods affecting greek houses, too.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#25 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 3:46 PM
To get a pledge to become a member is to "Influence" them to do your bidding for 14 hours. If it takes you 3 days to do 14 hours then that how long it takes.
(If this is allowed.) Here is the complete eGuides for download http://simfil.es/8226/

Quote: Originally posted by eGuide
Because they’re Pledges, however, they are indirectly
controllable via Influence. In fact, one of the
requirements of a Pledge is that they spend their
pledgehood (14 hours after accepting the offer to
join) doing resident members’ bidding—resident
members can issue Influence To commands to Pledges
without expending their Influence points. After
spending 14 hours on the Greek house lot, Pledges
become full-fledged members and can no longer be
Influenced for free.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Page 1 of 2