Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 12:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Too much CC?
Is there a limit of CC?

My game is crashing when I add new CC. It is loading but in build mode I can´t not open the stairs and fireplaces without crashing. In buy mode it crashes randomly.

What I have done so far:

I started the game with only the new CC - no crash.
I tried the 50/50 method. First half with new CC - no crashing. Second half with new CC - no crashing.
I reduced the amount of CC. With a certain amount of cc (downloads folder says 22.7bg) - no crashes even with the "bad" new CC.
I downloaded and added other new CC - crashing with more than 22.7gb.

For a few weeks I could add new CC if I sorted old stuff out, as long a I didn´t had more than 22.7gb.

Now I have added new CC and it was like beforee, but the limit is now 20.5gb?
50/50 and "only the new stuff" leads to the same results as before...

50/50 never leads to a specific file but only to the size of my download folder. (I have found bad CC with this method many times so I think I do it correct. It is not that hard.)
Is there simple a limit or is there something I haven´t tried yet? (in another threat some people habe much more cc an do crashing...)
Did anyone had something like that before?

I have installed all stuffpacks and expansions. I have Win7, 8gb RAM, SSD hard drive, AMD Radeon HD 6700.

I hope you understand my bad english (sorry).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 12:50 AM
People's computers are different. One computer can handle twice as much CC than another with a different system. 20-22 GB is a lot, so maybe that is your computer's limit. I've had anything from 9-35 GB depending on the computer. Maybe instead of putting in more, you should clean out stuff you don't need. That way you can add more without going over the limit.

When doing 50/50, make sure you also test stuff from the two halves together. Could be something in one half reacting to something in the other half, but everything works fine when you test them separately.

Also delete the cache files regularly, particularly when testing CC. If you add more CC, delete the cache files and see if it still crashes.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 12:59 AM
There is only a set limit if you are on a Mac.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 1:02 AM
Thank you for your answer.

It just irritates me that the limit seems not to be fix. And has gone down.
And it is strange that on my old pc this 20gb work fine. Only the loading times were 3 times longer, but I had no crash problems.

I tried the 50/50 in different combinations so these "alone fine/ together bad" files should show up.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 7:55 AM
I'm having the same problem you're having. I'm also pulling my hair out for the exact same reason. But it didn't matter how big my CC is. It will crash with full or with half, and right now, with just about a quarter of the CCs.

The problem is, I don't think it's the CC's at all. I'm starting to think my game installation files is corrupted.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 12:16 PM
In my case it seems it matters only how big my downloads folder is. But the limit fluctuates a bit. That is really annoying if one day 1gb more or less matters on antoher day not.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 3:11 AM
If your graphic card or chip isn't up to playing the game it could be high poly cc crashing your game, such as hair or jewelry, or it might happen when combined with something more taxing to the game such as high polly hair+snow or + too many sims or where a few high polly items are together. In which case a 50/50 wont work because there is nothing wrong with the cc it is just too much for your computer. You might just have to remove everything high polly and go more for recolours of maxis items.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 9:34 PM
other possibilities for crashing::
-specific content (especially if the content is incompatible with installed packs)
-low amount of free space on the computer
-other programs/processes running
Scholar
#9 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 1:13 AM
i've been trying to pin down a similar issue. how can you tell if a piece of CC is high poly?

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Field Researcher
#10 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 1:36 AM
In the 'Compressorizer' it tells you how many polys it has.
I think SimPE does too, that's what I know.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 2:00 AM
Jewellery and hair tend to be the high polly culprits. There is jewelry and hair around that is over 10,000 polys. Hair that is long and curly is often high poly. Some creators will say the poly count on the download page.

http://modthesims.info/t/227588

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Poly_Counts

~Call me Jo~