Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Park Flats: a duplex apartment under a park. A flat flat, if you will.

by CatherineTCJD Posted 7th Sep 2015 at 3:38 AM - Updated 7th Sep 2015 at 10:16 PM by CatherineTCJD

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 7:40 AM
I've thought about making something like this, but didn't think the foundations would look nice. You did a good job with this though, hiding the foundation well. It's something different for a change. For some reason, the windows look particularly good.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 8:05 AM
Are both apartments furnished? The topdown image, to me, shows the right furnished, the left unfurnished. The Guidelines state that apartments must be furnished with the basics for a sim to survive with.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Instructor
#4 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 9:03 AM
I apologize because I must have overlooked it, but I don't see where the retail part is. I didn't know that apartments alone were classified as retail. It is a very nice space to live in for the Sims though, "Thank you"!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 2:48 PM
Oh wow! What an amazing idea! I love the whole park upstairs, living downstairs idea! Thank you! (:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 5:10 PM
I love your stuff!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 8:42 PM
I love this one. It is going to look pretty somewhere in my hood (I don't play apartments, but I have to have this one :)) Really charming and irresistible.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KarenLorraine
Are both apartments furnished? ...

@KarenLorraine - Yes! They are both fully furnished and exactly the same - I thought I put that in the description (if not, I will!) I took the pictures in 'live' mode so, the other apartments furnishings are not rendered by the game. The lights are out over there too *sigh* Silly EAxis

Quote: Originally posted by HeartDeco
I apologize because I must have overlooked it, but I don't see where the retail part is. I didn't know that apartments alone were classified as retail. It is a very nice space to live in for the Sims though, "Thank you"!

@HeartDeco - No need to "apologize" I was kinda surprised to see apts included too, when I first read the monthly theme. But, there it is: "All things retail is the perfect theme for community lots, apartments, careers,..." That's why I made this particular apartment to easily fit in to a busy retail-district. Every downtown needs lots of parks! IMHO

To everyone else: Thank YOU!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#9 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
@KarenLorraine - Yes! They are both fully furnished and exactly the same - I thought I put that in the description (if not, I will!) I took the pictures in 'live' mode so, the other apartments furnishings are not rendered by the game. The lights are out over there too *sigh* Silly EAxis.
Thanks for clarifying, Cat

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 1:15 AM
Beautiful presentation! Any Sim would be thrilled to live beneath this little nature sanctuary!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 1:57 AM
Thank you! I love reading comments :lovestruc

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 6:28 AM
This duplex looked intriguing. And I will admit I wanted to see how you made a garden apartment. Thanks.
Instructor
#13 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
@KarenLorraine - Yes! They are both fully furnished and exactly the same - I thought I put that in the description (if not, I will!) I took the pictures in 'live' mode so, the other apartments furnishings are not rendered by the game. The lights are out over there too *sigh* Silly EAxis

@HeartDeco - No need to "apologize" I was kinda surprised to see apts included too, when I first read the monthly theme. But, there it is: "All things retail is the perfect theme for community lots, apartments, careers,..." That's why I made this particular apartment to easily fit in to a busy retail-district. Every downtown needs lots of parks! IMHO

To everyone else: Thank YOU!

Thank you for the clarification and pointing out the 'rules' for this month's theme.
HeartDeco
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 7:20 PM
I have been looking for underground residents and apartments. This one is Great. Good job.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 10:16 PM
This is so gorgeous and unique! Very creative. It's perfect, thank you!