Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 12:03 AM
Default What page do you get when you click a tag?
Whenever I click one of the search tags at the bottom of the downloads page, it brings me to downloads from Sims2. That's it. Just Sims2.
Even when I click a tag in someone's upload that is made for Sims 3 or Sims 4, I am directed to a page with only Sims 2 downloads.

I took this problem to the Site Questions and Issues forum. But guess what. One member has already written that she only gets Sims 4 downloads,
and two more say they get ALL of the Sims downloads.

Could y'all go to the Sims 3 download page, and click on one of the search tags at the bottom of the page?
And then post which page you get? Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4 or all three?

It will say near the top of the page.

Here's what I got when I clicked the tag, Victorian:

If people are not all getting the same thing, then I'm wondering if there's some kind of glitch.
Advertisement
#2 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 12:09 AM
Any Sims 3 tag I click on takes me to a Sims 2 download .. strange, but true ...
Theorist
#3 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 12:12 AM
The same goes for download page via the mobile website, you automatically go to TS2 downloads.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 12:15 AM
When I brought it to the Sites Questions and Issues forum, I just figured it was some default thing. Kind of an all roads lead to Sims 2, since MTS started as a Sims 2 site?.

But three posters have written that they are not directed to the Sims 2 downloads page. So now I'm thinking there's something else going on.
Maybe it's an actual glitch.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 1:09 AM Last edited by tsyokawe : 18th Sep 2015 at 1:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
I clicked several sims3 downloads and they all took me to sims4. I know you can personalize which download section you see, in control panel. I did not specify which section I am sent to, yet it seems to be always sims4. Also, your Agatha's Apothecary (love this lot) keeps disappearing for me. I can only get to it from your page.

You can? I looked for that. What is the option called?

edited to add: I'm really bummed. I don't have that option.

p.s. On the downloads pages, there is a spot for filtering the downloads.
My keeps reverting back to compatable...meaning it will only show downloads with EPs that I have.
Might it be that? That my Agatha's Apothecary has objects from an EP that you don't use? Nevermind. I can see that you use more EPs that I do.

Another glitch, I guess...
#6 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 3:49 AM
I get Sims 2
Theorist
#7 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 7:14 AM
Every time anyone clicks a tag, I'm supposed to kill a kitten. Please click tags responsibly.
#8 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mistermook
Every time anyone clicks a tag, I'm supposed to kill a kitten. Please click tags responsibly.

spoilsport.
Inventor
#9 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 9:14 AM

Im hoping ull die from their cuteness overload. :p

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 3:59 PM
Default This problem is now resolved!
In the days before Bootstrap, you could choose where your links sent you.
If you didn't choose, the default was Sims 2.

The feature has been resurrected. We can choose where the tags direct us:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...998#post4872998

Thank you, Delphy!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
I clicked several sims3 downloads and they all took me to sims4. I know you can personalize which download section you see, in control panel. I did not specify which section I am sent to, yet it seems to be always sims4. Also, your Agatha's Apothecary (love this lot) keeps disappearing for me. I can only get to it from your page.

Me too. I didn't know it was there at first. And I didn't enable any filtering.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 4:06 PM
@RoseCity
@attuned

I'm tempted to ask them about that, too, but I don't know any other examples to give them - other hidden uploads?
I've always assumed that when I didn't see something, but then found it later, that it was because my filter kept defaulting back to 'compatible' downloads.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 4:55 PM
What is 'compatible'?
Theorist
#14 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 5:01 PM
Clicking the tag industrial brings up only Sims 2 items.

SIMS 2 RULEZ!

WOOT!
Theorist
#15 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
What is 'compatible'?

That you only see downloads usable for the games you possess according to your own profile.

Or was it rhetorical?

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
That you only see downloads usable for the games you possess according to your own profile.

Or was it rhetorical?

Oh, okay. So I checked and the Apothecary has something(s) from the Outdoor Living SP and I don't have that SP, so that must be why. I only have High End Loft and then I never got any of the others.
Theorist
#17 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stitch_too
Im hoping ull die from their cuteness overload. :p

I've had my cuteness shots. I watched a little girl turn into a teenager.
#18 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 6:55 AM
I've had my cuteness shots. I watched a little girl turn into a teenager.

Hey tell me about it, with my son .. one day it was 'I want to help Dad! Let me help Yay! I can help!!' ..
then almost overnight ..
'godcantyouseeimwatchingyoutube ffsdad goawwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay'
Mad Poster
#19 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
In the days before Bootstrap, you could choose where your links sent you.
If you didn't choose, the default was Sims 2.

The feature has been resurrected. We can choose where the tags direct us:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...998#post4872998

Thank you, Delphy!

Well, now I'm super annoyed about not being able to see things that aren't 'compatible' with my game.
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 8:15 PM
@RoseCity

You can click "all downloads" in the filter. But, as I've learned all too well, it doesn't always stick.

I'd prefer that seeing "all downloads" was the default, and that we should have to deliberately select "compatible downloads."

I wonder how many downloads out there are invisible to a good portion of the members here?

I'm tempted to say I own ever SP and EP, just to make sure I'm seeing all the downloads out there.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
@RoseCity

You can click "all downloads" in the filter. But, as I've learned all too well, it doesn't always stick.

I'd prefer that seeing "all downloads" was the default, and that we should have to deliberately select "compatible downloads."

I wonder how many downloads out there are invisible to a good portion of the members here?

I'm tempted to say I own ever SP and EP, just to make sure I'm seeing all the downloads out there.

Yeah, I guess I'll just click all the SPs.