Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 1:29 AM
Default sugr.swf ?????
when ever iam at the site i keep getting sugr.swf downloaded so what the hell are this is it kinda of an virus
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 2:33 AM
Try googling it to find out. I'm fairly certain that it has nothing to do with this site.
Instructor
#3 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 3:25 AM
Are you running OS X? Does it happen here on MTS? Or on another site? It could be malware. OS X is very vulnerable due to a lack of dedicated security software.
The files are downloaded automatically?

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 3:50 AM
go download spyhunter 4

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 9:28 AM
Instructor
#6 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 3:56 PM
Spyhunter by Enigma Software Group is often deemed as rogue and unsafe. I would recommend running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware just for good measure. Its never failed me, and it's available for Mac since recently: https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I found this:
https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/16673

that might be the case but i have windows 10 not mac
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 7:59 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 18th Sep 2015 at 8:27 PM.
swf is a shockwave flash file extension. It stands for small web format.
SWF files can contain video and vector based animations and sound and are designed for efficient delivery over the web.
Apparently, sugr.swf is an advert that was badly coded so instead of being shown in your browser it gets downloaded every time it's accessed, so if it downloads a second, third, fourth time (etc) it will have 2, 3 and 4 (and so on) appended to it's name (assuming you haven't cleared out the others).
Instructor
#9 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
swf is a shockwave flash file extension. It stands for small web format.
SWF files can contain video and vector based animations and sound and are designed for efficient delivery over the web.
Apparently, sugr.swf is an advert that was badly coded so instead of being shown in your browser it gets downloaded every time it's accessed, so if it downloads a second, third, fourth time (etc) it will have 2, 3 and 4 (and so on) appended to it's name (assuming you haven't cleared out the others).

This doesn't mean it can't be harmful though. It could be malware that disguises itself, or uses the files to sneak into your system. None of this should happen unless you visit sketchy websites. But then again I run Firefox with Noscript and Adblock, so there are no ads or scripts that can possibly be executed/displayed. It's the the safest you can get in terms of browsing the web. Especially with good Antivirus software with intrusion protection, manually configured firewall and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware premium (or free, if you don't find real time malware and malicious website protection necessary).

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 2:18 AM
Moving to Tech Support. Please use this forum for random computer questions, the Sims forums are for *game* discussion.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#11 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 4:14 AM
*.swf files are flash files like stated previously. They are also prime targets for viruses and hacks.

Even windows 10 the original poster's results are not normal. I'd suggest downloading the Free version of Malwarebytes (https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/), and using an anti-virus. I recommend ESET's Nod32 (http://www.eset.com/us/products/nod32-antivirus/).