Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 5:43 PM Last edited by coolsim22 : 26th Oct 2015 at 5:59 PM.
I just decided to change my avatar because I wanted to change it, the profile picture is of another self-like Sim I made in the sims 3. The last time I changed it was in February 2015 so 8 months ago.

I actually like this avatar better than the previous one so I won't be changing it any time soon.
Attached Images

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 10:04 PM
It is... a slight bit more complicated than one might expect. Lol.

One day I was searching 'bassoon' on photobucket because I always like looking for more bassoon images, right? And anyway I found this little collection of mostly bassoon icons:

(I'm shocked at how easy it was to search on photobucket and find it again, this was years ago I got this icon!)

I saw the simplistic pink one and thought it was really cute, but sadly the image quality is low, and thus it wouldn't really work for an icon. I'd never seen the icon anywhere else, so I decided to attempt to remake it. And that's how I got my icon. =P

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 1:42 AM
It was time to change. The other one looked too...serene and wise.
Attached Images

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
...Anyway, don't really need to explain oneself with his current avatar choice.
lol. I think it reflects the "inner" me.
Instructor
#55 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 4:40 AM
My avatar is of my favorite in-game born Sim, Ziv Xoxxaw-Bernard. She's dead now, but Ziv was the daughter of a stereotypical scifi geek and his alien wife, and probably the prettiest Sim I've ever had in TS3. She had the Adventurous trait and when I paused the game one time, not long after she got back from a trip to the future in the Ambitions time machine, I saw that she was in the middle of that cute little 'looking around' animation that Adventurous Sims do, so I snapped a pic and it quickly became my avatar.
Attached Images

Lab Assistant
#56 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 9:19 AM
Mine should be obvious. :P

I've had this one since I joined in 2006 in High School. I find it's still relevant to college/work today.

"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin
Inventor
#57 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 2:29 PM
I'm a huge Tolkien fan... Wanted to try creating one of his characters, and thought it looked decent enough for an avatar
Forum Resident
#58 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:42 PM
It's a few sims from my favourite family. They're always dancing, so it felt fitting, and I find this picture funny since the guy in the foreground (his name is Crab and he just so happens to be one of my absolute favourites) is a) completely out of sync with everyone else and b) because his expression and pose seem a little... suspicious.
Screenshots
Banned
#59 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 6:21 PM
It's simple: Sims 3 patch 1.69.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#60 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by malfoya
I'm a huge Tolkien fan... Wanted to try creating one of his characters, and thought it looked decent enough for an avatar
I'd say you succeeded and handsomely, too.

Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
It's simple: Sims 3 patch 1.69.
Ah, but it's more and it's clever.
Attached Images

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I love cats.

And this is Chax
Attached Images

Scholar
#62 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
Mine is from a well known scene from a doujinshi, where Jessie and James, my OTP, (from Team Rocket, out of Pokemon) are kissing against a tree. Mime Junior is watching them, and then later in a battle he kisses the opposition's pokemon, because, apparently Mime Junior often mimics it's master. I used the picture of their legs because it's fairly subtle, so other Rocketshippers will get it, but it's not obviously 'Pokemony'.

I though it was a cute story, and I'm a massive Rocketshipper, so it's my avatar on 90% of the websites I use.

Just quoting my post from the old thread as I am lazy! I don't think I'll probably ever change it, I've been a Rocketshipper for about 18 years now and they are still my OTP <3
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 11:46 PM
I thought I remember you having another avatar before...?
#64 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 5:10 AM
I was sent this avatar by a friend who thought I might like to use it.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#65 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 11:32 AM
Mine is my most played sim, Sim Sample. People say he blinks at them, but it's just their imagination.

I've played Sim Sample ever since Sims 1.

Scholar
#66 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I thought I remember you having another avatar before...?

Nope, it's always been this one . I know there is another person called Dizzy in the sims community though, I think they made some mods/hacks? I'm not sure if they are still active, but I think they have been around quite a bit longer than me, so maybe you're thinking of them?

And weirdly, there is another person called 'Dizzy-noodles' on the internet, I googled my username once, a couple of years ago, and found them! I think they had put some recipes on Pinterest or something (I haven't got a Pinterest and I hate cooking). I find it weird because my username is a combination of both of my old nicknames from college (most people called me Dizzy, but my friends off the bus called me Noodles), so the chances of someone else coming up with the same name seem slim to me.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Mine is my most played sim, Sim Sample. People say he blinks at them, but it's just their imagination.

I've played Sim Sample ever since Sims 1.

He did blink at me

Are those pictures all of his styles over the years? Because the one in your avatar looks slightly different to the Sims 2 one (I'm assuming that the one in your avatar is Sims 2 aswell).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#67 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 3:31 PM
Yes, my avatar pic has him with a slightly different hair, skin and eyes (default replacements, I expect). He also looks to be sporting a lip ring. Hard to remember, since I made that avatar so long ago! Sim's basic style has stayed pretty much the same though, as well as his personality.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#68 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 4:00 PM
It's my self-sim, Rosalind. She's very happy.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
#69 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 4:19 PM
@simsample

I hope you become a happy man.

My avatar is the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I was touched by his noodly appendage.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#70 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
I hope you become a happy man.

Qapla'!

Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
My avatar is the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I was touched by his noodly appendage.

I like the full version of that image, too:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...y_Appendage.jpg
#71 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Qapla'!

I like the full version of that image, too:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...y_Appendage.jpg

Yeah... that's me he's touching... only I'm... uh.... bigger. yeah, that's the ticket. I'm bigger. And that's before my hair fell out.

And before I found the beer volcano and got fat.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#72 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 5:17 PM
You have such a whimsical expression on your face. :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Saw a drawing of this on a site and fell in love with it as it is one the best depictions of Inpw this one has seen in recent times. It only seemed fitting to create a cropped version of it for use as forum avatar.
Yeah, it's really nice!

Here are thumbs of the avatars recently posted: HarVee, simsample, sladoum, stuart-grey, and Thranduil Oropherion - all looking smart, beautiful, handsome, or creepy as needed!
Attached Images

#74 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applesauce58
I've went through many different avatars in my life on this site but the one i have currently is the queen herself Marina and the Diamonds because am a unoriginal white tumblr girl.

But, an hour ago ... am I going senile? I could have sworn your avatar was a photograph of a blond girl.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 1:22 AM
I was bored at school one day and made a spiral in paint, then after so long made it my avatar.
Page 3 of 4