Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 3:35 AM
If you want it fixed that is easily solved by getting him the job he wants with the sim blender, you just pick the job and the level. If you want it the way it is for story reasons I guess he keeps hunting.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 3:50 AM
@ joandsarah777 - Story reasons and challenge, cause he could go get a job from the noticeboard in the local post office. That's me me dilemia, change him or not, or work with what the game has presented me with,
Mad Poster
#28 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 7:17 AM
I look at LTW as being that big overarching dream. So I change them whenever appropriate. A sim might not reach their dream, might decide something else matters more, especially since they settle on it early in their teen years. Erin Beaker is a great example of that: her LTW was to top Show Business, which in my game can only be done if you move to Hollywood--I mean, Veronaville. But she fell in love with Vidcund Curious, who has an alien baby, and the law says all aliens must live in Strangetown. No way would Vid abandon a baby, nor would Erin ever ask him to. So she had to decide did she want to be Vid's wife, or did she want to be an Icon? She picked Vid. Careers aren't all that, especially when a girl has a family secondary. (This is also a case of 'That one, please' trumping bolts, family opinions, and common sense: all the tweaking of turn-ons I could do got them just one. Didn't matter to the sims.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 3:30 PM
You guys have a lot of interesting twists. After finding some inspiration I decided to start with my twins Bailey and Elaine - Elaine is a Romance/pop sim who wants to woohoo with twenty different people. She has high culture and travel interest, and is an extremely outgoing Libra who has proven very dogmatic in her romancing ways. She's decided to use her travel dreams - always to the mountains, probably because she lives right on the beach - to achieve her monumentally... Kind of wrong LTW. It doesn't look like much of her family approves, because even though she's "best friends forever" with everyone she only hears from her mom, twin and one brother, while the rest have stopped calling her altogether. Other than the occasional "haven't heard from ya in a while." Boxes. But Elaine made the decision for me in her mid teen years - she brought different friends home almost every day and tried using ACR on them and never rolled any job wants, not even the athletic career that usually pops up with Pop sims. So far it's looking like Elaine will never save enough money for that mountain trip, the only reason she has a job is because her sister and Twin Bailey is in the same career path. If it hadn't been for her papa's death, she wouldn't have been able to buy the lot she's on anyway, and would most likely been living at home. He left her and Baily nearly 20k between them.

Bailey is a knowledge/family sim with the LTW to make it to the top of the gamer career; and even though she's in the path, she has a conflicting and self imposed LTW to open up her own beauty salons/clothing store hybrids. Also her family wants keep popping up too - unlike Elaine, Bailey is already Married, pregnant and is always getting calls from the family. She has a strong and on going relationship with all of her siblings and her mom auto- drops in every night between 8 and 10. Bailey also has huge travel aspirations, like Elaine, and wants to go to the mountains as well. As it stands, with All of the things going on outside of work, Bailey's LTW is nothing more than a knowledge sim's overachieving goal-setting type tendencies. She sits comfortably at around level four of her job, a career path she's been in since rolling the want her first day as a teen, lol. But most likely will take the entrepreneurial route for her beauty salon after her twins are born.

Bailey's husband is also a knowledge sim, and has been with her since their teen years. However, Waylon has red engagement and marriage memories, and constantly rolls wants to interact with Bailey's twin, Elaine. He is always flipping a wolfwhistle and the "meow" toward her, which earned him a romance secondary. Waylon has low nice points and is extremely outgoing, so his LTW to max ten skills was rolled until he got one that was job related since he strikes me as the sleazy, "throw you under a bus to achieve my own goals" kind of guy. He has cheated on poor Bailey twice already and has his eyes set in Elaine. Seriously there's not a night he doesn't walk by Elaine's house and think of her with heart ps flying out of the thought bubble. As it stands he only agreed to marry Bailey because of the babies - and despite his lecherous ways, he is a fantastic actor in always ACR romancing the girl. It's kind of scary just how well he interacts with her but also turns around and does the same with another girl. I think maybe he was destined to be a romance sim after all. Lol

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 29th Oct 2015 at 8:28 AM
Sometimes my sims follow the LTW, sometimes they do not. It depends if I feel that the LTW fit their personality and idea that I have for that sim.

A question: I would like to change the LTW of a sims, which is the safer way to do so? I read about the Sim Blender: is it 100% safe? I would use it only for LTW change.
Thanks!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 29th Oct 2015 at 8:36 AM
You can random roll LTW on the Simblender or the Bat Box, either is fine. The simblender has plenty of options, all are safe. I mostly use it to check how many hours pregnant a sim is or for twins.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#32 Old 29th Oct 2015 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jojoa777
I also spent some time months ago creating a list of traits needed for all the LTWs. These traits include some combination of personality points, interests, and aspiration. So some LTWs may require a neat level of at least 5, or a meanness under 3. Some may need an interest in entertainment of 7 or higher, or an interest in politics of 7 or higher. Some may be open to all aspirations and others may be restricted.

Oooh, any chance you can publish that list? It sounds awesome, I'd love to implement it to my own game :lovestruc
Page 2 of 2