Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 12:18 PM
Default Things you wish were in The Sims 3
This is not a thread about how mad I am about certain things missing in the Sims 3 this is just a wish list and in some cases just about how out and out strange I find it that certain things are not in The Sims 3 when it tries hard to be a good life simulator, if that statement makes any sense. Also I know a lot of these things can't be modded in because of the way the game works but it is just a wish list.

Number one on my list is that there is no option to have Sims go to any kind of Church on Sundays or Saturdays or whenever. Now I know this was most likely done to avoid offending people but like sex and having affairs and abusing children it seems like the type of thing where players that don't like it could just avoid it. It's not like the building would have to be anything other then a generic rabbit hole that just had a general Church like shape, they do that all the time on Tv and no one gets upset. Also in universe it seems odd that there is no religion because even without the supernatural expansion pack the Sims still live in a universe where The Grim Reaper exists and everyone has seen him, so the Supernatural and some form of higher power is a part of their every day life, so how come there is a complete lack of any sort of life style or customs centered around that, I don't know but that just bugs me.

Also I would like to see more then one of each type of outfit. I mean while I have a certain style of clothes I wear every day, I do wear different outfits within that style on different days and yet Sims are stuck wearing one type of each outfit their inter lives. Don't even get me started on how they only have one type of outdoors outfit when I don't know about you but I wear a different outfit outside when it is raining in spring then I do when it is snowing in winter.

So what do you think? Do you have your own wishlist of features for The Sims 3 that you would like to share?

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
T
Also I would like to see more then one of each type of outfit. I mean while I have a certain style of clothes I wear every day, I do wear different outfits within that style on different days and yet Sims are stuck wearing one type of each outfit their inter lives. Don't even get me started on how they only have one type of outdoors outfit when I don't know about you but I wear a different outfit outside when it is raining in spring then I do when it is snowing in winter.

Ah, you can set up to 3 different outfits within each category for your sim. I usually have 3 everyday outfits, but only one for each of the others as don't have the patience to spend that much time worrying about 3 workout sets. Granted, if you start with a brand new sim in CAS you can't do that, but once in game they can plan outfits from the dresser, and you can add additional sets that way. I use NRaas MC, so I simply go directly into Stylist, which was the view that came with Ambitions, and allows me to work on makeup, hair, and clothing in one sitting. Still, just going to the dresser should give you the option to add 2 more outfits to whichever category you prefer.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 1:39 PM
Hm I wish I could see business in the Sims 3. I was a huge Sims 2 fan with business and I was hoping they would add it in the Sims 3
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 1:46 PM Last edited by sbugg : 1st Nov 2015 at 2:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
<snip>
<snip>

I know that in my game, at least, you can send your Simmies to the dresser and you'll be able to pick up to three outfits per type. (E.g., 3 Everyday, 3 Sleepwear, 3 Outerwear, etc.) Sims won't automatically change into a different outfit other than the one last worn, but you can manually direct a Sim to wear a particular outfit by clicking on themself or a dresser and picking Everyday 2 for example.

I find the fact that Sims can't hand babies and toddlers over to other Sims rather annoying as well. Sims 2 let you hand babies over to someone else, why do Sims 3 parents have to drop their baby on the floor first?

-sbugg
(If you're curious on how to pronounce my screen name, I pronounce it "ess-bug".)
Obsessed with the lives of virtual people who run to scream at fires since 2012.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 2:19 PM
Traffic laws. Ride-able Trains & Trams. Aircraft. Public service dogs. Above ground pools.

All omissions one finds rather odd.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 4:44 PM
Timetables.

I'd like to be able to set a timetable for sims so that they'll do certain things at certain times, and maybe something that forces certain 'ifs' and 'whens'.

I.e. Jenny practices piano at 8pm every day, Don goes on a walk every Sunday morning, Susan prepares dinner at 5:30pm and goes to bed at 10pm. Jenny would also brush her teeth if she was going to bed at night, and Don would go to the park when it isn't raining (otherwise he would go to the strip club).

It would be really helpful to avoid the mundane sort of micromanagement that needs to happen- imagine if sims would get up on their own, brush their teeth, prepare breakfast on their own!

It would help give some order and direction to sims' lives, and keep the game from being too tedious.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Timetables.
I love this suggestion because it benefits the player, the Sims, and the realism of the simulation all at once. We do tend to script our routine activities, both as computer-users and as teeth-brushers.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 7:04 PM
It would be nice if they did not rushed making sims 4 and just included all features from sims 4 to sims 3. I like sims 4 but sims 3 was like a painting that was never finished, it lacks so many things.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 7:16 PM
Default Really?
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Ah, you can set up to 3 different outfits within each category for your sim. I usually have 3 everyday outfits, but only one for each of the others as don't have the patience to spend that much time worrying about 3 workout sets. Granted, if you start with a brand new sim in CAS you can't do that, but once in game they can plan outfits from the dresser, and you can add additional sets that way. I use NRaas MC, so I simply go directly into Stylist, which was the view that came with Ambitions, and allows me to work on makeup, hair, and clothing in one sitting. Still, just going to the dresser should give you the option to add 2 more outfits to whichever category you prefer.

Really???

Well now I feel like an idiot, I had no idea I could do that.

I really like the time table idea, having to remind Sims to eat before they go to work so they don't starve or storm out of work mid shift with a bad mood really bugs me some times.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Theorist
#10 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 8:31 PM
A while back someone was asking for suggestions on what people would like to see in a life simulator and one of my suggestions goes along with the time table. I'd love to see my little pixel people actually learn what their routine is through repeated activity. Granted, they may have to relearn a routine later on but we all do that in our lives so why shouldn't pixel people be able to do it too?

I also like the idea of having some type of church--a talented modder could create something like that.

I know there are things I'd love to have seen added to TS3 but my brain is in bypass mode today and trying to form a coherent thought is difficult at best.
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 8:55 PM
Hmm, well, in my case mostly it's stuff I miss from TS2. Such as having more vacation-stuff to do in the WA worlds, like was the case in TS2 BV. You know, spend a honeymoon at a nice hotel, go to the beach and stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love WA a lot, I just wish had more holiday-like stuff to do in those worlds in addition to the adventure stuff.

Or the joining the secret society in university. That was cool.
Theorist
#12 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Hmm, well, in my case mostly it's stuff I miss from TS2. Such as having more vacation-stuff to do in the WA worlds, like was the case in TS2 BV. You know, spend a honeymoon at a nice hotel, go to the beach and stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love WA a lot, I just wish had more holiday-like stuff to do in those worlds in addition to the adventure stuff.

Or the joining the secret society in university. That was cool.

There always is the option of adding more to do in the vacation worlds and/or using the Traveler mod to have some completely different locations with all manner of other types of things to do. It really is going to depend on how much effort a person wants to put into it.
Scholar
#13 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 11:00 PM
Yeah, I've been replacing base camps with nice hotels and adding bars and whatnot lately. It's still not quite BV, though. But yeah, it does help.
Theorist
#14 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Yeah, I've been replacing base camps with nice hotels and adding bars and whatnot lately. It's still not quite BV, though. But yeah, it does help.

What I've been thinking about doing in that regard is just using a whole other world when I want my Sims to have a regular vacation or honeymoon. There was plenty about BV I didn't like but it had its own charm and it felt much more like going on a vacation where WA feels more like going on quests, which basically it was designed to be. I do like WA but it's just not enough for playing multiple types of Sims down through generations. Not every Sim is suited for digging up relics, after all. Having said that I did recently take three Sims to Egypt and mostly I just let them goof off. They read books, learned recipes, played chess, etc. all the while camping out in the tents.
Theorist
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 1:08 AM Last edited by Viktor86 : 2nd Nov 2015 at 1:19 AM.
Yes, would loved to have seen more normal activities than just adventures and quests (like TS2), without me to add lots to these villages. Oh, and holiday homes. Half the town is empty, including some cute houses (especially in France), but I'm always stick to some hostel.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Instructor
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 1:27 AM
More animations during conversations it gets boring hearing and seeing the same reaction to different options after awhile. Also more things for pets and children to interact with I really wish they'd update things in expansions after they put them in it would've been cool for Simbots and Plumbots to have unique interactions. Also some of the extra gameplay added by store content could've been implemented better I'd like to have seen that. More options on everything really and more animations because it gets boring seeing the same thing over and over. Giving pets jobs like police dog would've been cool as well as giving pets alittle more freedom with socialization I know they're animals but its a video game and I'd like it if they'd capitalized on the fictional nature of the medium to make animals more fun to play.

Also a better interface for create-a-world they could've made it alot more intuitive to use.

Also childish sims should be allowed to keep the imagination animations imo.
#17 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 1:48 AM
I want relationships that are not always exactly mutual. You know, unrequited love; Sim Francis like Sim Chris but sim Chris doesn't like Sim Francis... that sort of thing.

I want more negative personality traits.

A book on how to mod the game would have been nice.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 1:48 AM
I keep getting confused because I read the thread title as "Things you wish you were in The Sims 3."
Theorist
#19 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 2:04 AM
Less emergencies in the hospital and ''by accident'' random sick people, when playing a. Almost every day or night I get a message ''emergency in hospital'' and almost on every public lot I get a person getting sick (there is a toilet, go throw up there). Man, I can't even go on a date with the missis, because of these information.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
More animations during conversations it gets boring hearing and seeing the same reaction to different options after awhile. Also more things for pets and children to interact with I really wish they'd update things in expansions after they put them in it would've been cool for Simbots and Plumbots to have unique interactions . Also some of the extra gameplay added by store content could've been implemented better I'd like to have seen that. More options on everything really and more animations because it gets boring seeing the same thing over and over. Giving pets jobs like police dog would've been cool as well as giving pets alittle more freedom with socialization I know they're animals but its a video game and I'd like it if they'd capitalized on the fictional nature of the medium to make animals more fun to play.

Also a better interface for create-a-world they could've made it alot more intuitive to use.

Also childish sims should be allowed to keep the imagination animations imo.

Yes, I would have like better integration between the EPs, or at least relating to Simbots and Plumbots. Otherwise you end up with things like what I mentioned in the second part of this post.

-sbugg
(If you're curious on how to pronounce my screen name, I pronounce it "ess-bug".)
Obsessed with the lives of virtual people who run to scream at fires since 2012.
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 9:46 AM
This might sound strange, but I wish that there were car accidents. Like, the fact that cars drive right through each other bothers me greatly. I just wish that the whole transportation system was better. Like, there should be an airport for when your sim travels. I think that the addition of the subway in Late Night was a nice touch, even if it does bug me sometimes.
On top of the transportation thing, I think that it'd be cool if there were cruises. Lol, idk. I just think that would be a cool vacation. But I guess you could maybe make that by having a houseboat and inviting a bunch of friends.
And I'd like it if there was a hotel feature. Like, the resort thing kinda gets it, but I wish the rooms weren't a rabbit hole. In my mind, hotels would be like, a cross between a resort and apartment.
And I wish that there were more hair and accessory options in the game. Like ughhh. I get that I go download custom content, but sometimes that's a lot of work. I just wish that that kinda stuff was already in the game. Or that I could install it as I play like I can do with the stuff that's in the Sims 3 Store.
Speaking of which, half the stuff in the Sims 3 Store should've been in the original game. Like, the Multitabs. or that baby furniture.
Speaking of babies, why didn't they add breast feeding in Sims 3???? Like I know that's it's in Sims 4 but I personally prefer Sims 3 better because of the graphics and the open world concept. But there are a lot of features in Sims 4 that I really wish had been in Sims 3.
I can't wait to add more to this thread because I've asked myself "Why isn't that in the game" too many times to not contribute.
Instructor
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 9:50 AM
Did anyone else every think the Great Kisser trait should've come with different kinds of kiss options? Like Kiss Of Death perhaps? :P
Mad Poster
#23 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 12:27 PM
A "Kiss of L&D" would have been interesting.

Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Less emergencies in the hospital and ''by accident'' random sick people, when playing a. Almost every day or night I get a message ''emergency in hospital'' and almost on every public lot I get a person getting sick (there is a toilet, go throw up there). Man, I can't even go on a date with the missis, because of these information.

This reminds one of the lack of certain service vehicles, such as an Ambulance. TS2 had them. Why doesn't TS3?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

#24 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
Did anyone else every think the Great Kisser trait should've come with different kinds of kiss options? Like Kiss Of Death perhaps? :P

I donno if getting the kiss of death is a "great kiss".

Isn't "dip kiss" a different kiss option that comes with Great Kisser?

Maybe there should be a "Bad kisser" trait, where you can give a Loogie kiss for a gross out reaction + vomit. I'd put the kiss of death under the new bad kisser trait.

I think religion ought to be in an expansion pack, but it is hard to see how it could be done commercially without getting a boycotted by religions that were left out, religions that were included, or by people who don't like religion at all. And given the level of knowledge shown in World Adventures (You can buy a fortune cookie machine in Shang Simla? Really?! How is that not offensive?) I have no expectation that EA could have pulled off a religious expansion pack without the end result being rioting in the streets and the front page outrage of the Drudge Report and The New Republic at the same time.
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 3:35 PM
Yeah, I guess you are right. Still I can dream about it being done right, the weekly routine just doesn't feel right to be without going to church on Sunday but I am willing to admit that in this day and age I am most likely in the minority in feeling that way. Still TV shows and movies seem to get away with it by keeping things generic, but as you said I am not sure EA has the skill to pull that off.

Oh and as for fortune cookies while you are right and it is kind of silly that you can only buy the maker in china and they were invented in America, my Chinese relatives have no problem with them and even used to serve them when they owned a Chinese food place and I understand that in recent years they have become popular in China, so I am willing to give EA a pass on that one and anyone who knows me knows that I don't give them a pass on much. Still the fortune cookie makers should be able to be bought outside of china. Fortune cookies kick ass and everyone should be able to eat them!

My PC specs.
Page 1 of 6