Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Skininator - Version 2.6.1, 3/23/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 8th Dec 2015 at 10:19 PM - Updated 23rd Mar 2023 at 8:55 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

343 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 283 Feedback Posts, 59 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 14
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 1:43 AM
Wow, amazing! Thank you!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 1:52 AM
A AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 3:36 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 4:33 AM
Excellente!!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 6:52 AM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is amazing!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 9:51 AM
Great, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 2:06 PM
So, theoretically, if I take a package I already have with a bunch of (human-only) custom skin colours, I can remove all the archetype flags and the game won't use them on random sims?

....PERFECT. This is what I've been waiting for! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 8:44 PM
thank you so much! (all) Your creations are incredible, Cmar!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 10:37 PM
Wow, Thank You So Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 1:53 AM Last edited by Cassina : 10th Dec 2015 at 2:55 AM.
Omg thank you thank you thank you!

So far I've created a purple and a green skintone and in both cases the game added my creation but also replaced the skintone I cloned with my color while the icon stayed the same. So, what did I do wrong?

Edit: Ok I fixed it! I clicked on "Add skintone" and copied the first one then deleted it. Hope I was supposed to do that anyway.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 3:48 AM
awesome!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cassina
Omg thank you thank you thank you!

So far I've created a purple and a green skintone and in both cases the game added my creation but also replaced the skintone I cloned with my color while the icon stayed the same. So, what did I do wrong?

Edit: Ok I fixed it! I clicked on "Add skintone" and copied the first one then deleted it. Hope I was supposed to do that anyway.

If you select 'New Custom Content' at the bottom of the cloning tab, it should give you cloned skintones which show as additional items in CAS. Possibly you had selected Default Replacement? What you did as a workaround is fine.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
If you select 'New Custom Content' at the bottom of the cloning tab, it should give you cloned skintones which show as additional items in CAS. Possibly you had selected Default Replacement? What you did as a workaround is fine.

Nope, I'm positive I had New Custom Content selected. And it was still selected when I reopened Skininator. Ah well the workaround works so it's all good.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 10:13 PM
I bow to your awesomeness Cmar...could you help me up :p
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cassina
Nope, I'm positive I had New Custom Content selected. And it was still selected when I reopened Skininator. Ah well the workaround works so it's all good.

Can't explain it, then. BTW, 'New Custom Content' is always selected when you start the program. If you feel like trying it again and get the same results, please upload your package!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 12:12 AM
Thanks You......
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 12:50 AM
THANK YOU SO HARD!!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 4:40 AM
Hey, do you think you could do a tutorial on how to use this tool? I've never made custom skin tones and I'd like to know how to. I thought this tool would make it easier but it just confuses me. So if you could do that I would greatly appreciate it! I'm sure other beginner modders would as well.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 6:33 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 13th Dec 2015 at 8:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kitty25939
Hey, do you think you could do a tutorial on how to use this tool? I've never made custom skin tones and I'd like to know how to. I thought this tool would make it easier but it just confuses me. So if you could do that I would greatly appreciate it! I'm sure other beginner modders would as well.

Sure, I can do that.

Edit: Here's the tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568713

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 4:35 AM
Is there a version for the Mac?
Test Subject
#22 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 11:38 AM Last edited by Prinny Antta : 12th Dec 2015 at 1:14 PM.
Found out the problem. Guess I have to mess with the overlay. :/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 1:31 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 12th Dec 2015 at 1:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Joewig
Is there a version for the Mac?

No, sorry. You may be able to run it with a PC emulator.

Quote: Originally posted by Prinny Antta
Found out the problem. Guess I have to mess with the overlay. :/

Actually I can see that the preview is not displaying the overlays for the different adult ages correctly, and I'll fix that. As for the weird effect, you probably increased the overlaid color saturation over 100 or so, which tends to give that effect. I'll also update the description to make that clear.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 2:07 AM
This is so amazing! Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get it to work! I downloaded all four zip files, and unzipped them all and ran the application, but all of the slots for skin colors are completely blank. What am I doing wrong?
Instructor
#25 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 1:32 PM Last edited by CircusWolf : 13th Dec 2015 at 1:57 PM. Reason: Just reworded and will be trying summin different.
Wonderful to see this but unfortunately it's not opening for me at all :/

I'm running Windows 10. I'm unsure if that's the reason, but I'm trying to see if it will run as Admin and in compatibility, I'll update on results.

UPDATE:

Nope... Tried it in Windows 7 compatibility as Admin. Still won't open.

I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition (64 bit)

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Page 1 of 14