Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I used to use Screen Hunter, but for some reason it's not workin the way it used too. The only reason I can think of for that is that I had Vista before and now I have Win7.

I have Screen hunter working on Win 7; it's my favourite screencapture program.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 12:29 PM Last edited by eliset : 17th Jan 2016 at 1:04 PM.
I don't know about the capture program changing the quality of the graphics on the screen. If you save in a lower quality format like jpg, you get lower quality results. I don't see any difference between what I capture with Gadwin in a png file and what's on the screen but that may be personal judgement.

Recently I changed from Win 7 to Win 10 and could not find a satisfactory screen capture program. Gadwin no longer works in full screen in Win 10. I tried several including Greenshot which is supposed to work in full screen but doesn't, not with Win 10. I rolled back to Win 7 because of that. I have a friend who takes shots to illustrate the same blog I work on so they have to be identical in quality. She had to change to Win 10 - major operating system problems and she didn't want to reformat her pc. Together we have been unable to find anything that will work in full screen. We frequently take hundreds of shots in a session to select those we're going to use so using something like PrintScreen or the Snipping Tool is impossible. It's been extremely frustrating. She's resigned to playing in windowed mode in order to continue using Gadwin.

And by the way, the latest version of Gadwin doesn't work properly - properly defined as not the way I want it to work. (Working in Win 7) I tried it and returned to version 4.7 which was no longer available on the website so I had to go hunting through old and not very well organized backup files to find it.
Theorist
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 4:07 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 17th Jan 2016 at 5:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I have Screen hunter working on Win 7; it's my favourite screencapture program.

Even after havin tried it a few times before even makin this post and at least once afterwards, I redownloaded Screen Hunter and tried it one last time because of your post. Guess what? It worked this time ... lol. You must have the magic touch, or words, or whatever. I am a happy camper again as I agree with you in that it's the best one. :D

EDIT: I spoke too soon I'd heard the shutter noise and thought it'd taken the pic, it had, but was of the desktop again. I'm now an unhappy camper again.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 6:34 PM
Try setting Screen Hunter to capture 'Active Window' instead of 'Full Screen'. That one works for me.
Theorist
#30 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I used to use Screen Hunter, but for some reason it's not workin the way it used too.
So what program do you use to take pics with? Other than Fraps or Screen Hunter, anyone have any other suggestions of a good program to take pics with?

I used to use Screen Hunter too but at the time I had Vista and it worked great.
Now I have Windows 8.1. I tried Gadwin and ScreenHunter. Neither of them allowed me to take pictures of the full game.
I've tried Action! which is a pay program.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 12:55 PM Last edited by eliset : 18th Jan 2016 at 6:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by blupest
Hmm eliset,thanks for that info, I will have to retry png's then. When I first started on Tumblr, my uploaded pix left as png files never would get uploaded, so thats why I began converting them. I wonder what I possibly could have been doing wrong. *is puzzled*
Are you sure it's not your internet provider or a conflict with software you're using? I have problems with tumblr (and other sites) because of Verizon. I can't post text in tumblr without monstrous lag. I have to type everything on Wordpad or Notepad and copy and paste. For a while I couldn't see photos at all on tumblr and it turned out to be my virus software. Anyway, this is off topic but if you've been struggling with it and someone else doing the identical thing hasn't, it might be something other than the site. (It's not very likely to be something you're doing either.) I thought it was tumblr when I couldn't see photos, and then blamed Chrome when it was actually Kaspersky.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 10:41 PM
@siletka I sent a pm a couple of days back as you said to do on the other thread. Perhaps your in box is full? I thought I better post here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@siletka I sent a pm a couple of days back as you said to do on the other thread. Perhaps your in box is full? I thought I better post here.

I'm not home. I'll be flying home in about twelve hours. I can help you better when I'm home, where I have the program installed.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 1:05 AM
Sure thing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2